Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
where is this last photo taken from please
wmfleet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #63
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
That looks like the pull off (party central; watch for lots of broken glass!) on Woodrow Road, located between PA Route 233 and Ridge Road, looking south!?

Jeff (SoaRider)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #64
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,027
Thanks for the photos BoothDoc!! sweet ride you have there. I don't recognize that overlook.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #65
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Hey BoothDoc seems you ran into my riding buddy Keith on his 690 Enduro yesterday, not far from where your pics were taken. According to Keith, Michaux has some good and bad (sun dried good stuff, mud and ice!) roads at the moment. If we don't get anymore snow, the normal first day on the riding season, March 1st, should usher in another great year of moto adventures in M.S.F.. I'm waiting on a new rear MT21 to arrive for a borrowed DR650SE, then it's off to my dealer to get it inspected, after which time I'll be checking out Michaux myself.

Jeff (SoPaRider)

'94/'96 DR350SET/441 Hybrid (Being reincarnated as we speak!)
'07 DL650AK7 (41 states, D.C. and 5 provinces in 47 months!)
'09 DR650SE (Something borrowed, something black!)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #66
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
Hey BoothDoc seems you ran into my riding buddy Keith on his 690 Enduro yesterday, not far from where your pics were taken. According to Keith, Michaux has some good and bad (sun dried good stuff, mud and ice!) roads at the moment. If we don't get anymore snow, the normal first day on the riding season, March 1st, should usher in another great year of moto adventures in M.S.F.. I'm waiting on a new rear MT21 to arrive for a borrowed DR650SE, then it's off to my dealer to get it inspected, after which time I'll be checking out Michaux myself.

Jeff (SoPaRider)

'94/'96 DR350SET/441 Hybrid (Being reincarnated as we speak!)
'07 DL650AK7 (41 states, D.C. and 5 provinces in 47 months!)
'09 DR650SE (Something borrowed, something black!)
Jeff:
Keith was a good guy. i wish we had spent more time yapping but I think we both just wanted to ride. He sped off quicker then I could even shift into first. I am looking forward to getting lost alot up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfleet2 View Post
where is this photo taken from please
I have no idea where I was. I will try to retrace it on a map today. I had no GPS nor Compass nor map just drove around.
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #67
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Actually, it is still pretty easy to get a dirt bike street legal in PA. If it comes with a motorcycle title, then all you have to do is get the lights, horn and tires sorted. After that, it just needs a normal inspection and you are good to go. Hell, I still have the stock (loud) pipe on the KTM and it passed with no problem.

If it has a offroad title, there is a little more paperwork, but still not tough.
Hey guys, just found this thread by accident, while looking for something about Lums Pond/C&D Canal riding...I might have to change direction! Looks like a great place to 'get slightly lost', and not too far for me to day trip it. If anyone from east of MSF needs a witness, I'd be happy to tag along. I have 2 DRs, a 350 and a 650, one should be able to keep up with one of those OFF! mesquito repellant colored bikes (I'm jealous, of course) or a G-spot...
My last DS bike was a tagged XR600R, and yes, it's pretty easy to get them legal in PA, but it takes the right inspection mechanic to do it. It's called "enhanced vehicle inspection" now, to change an OHV title to a street title. Same form as a reconstructed title, I think MV426PA is the number. (funny, the plate didn't change that bike's pigishness in the woods, or give it any manners on the pavement)
Keep the pics coming, spring is almost on us!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #68
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,411
Lawrence, we will have to get together and head over to Michaux soon. I live about 2 miles west of the river, a little south of Wrightsville.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #69
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,027
Hey Lawrence, welcome to the fun! Post your photos here! I love seeing them too.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #70
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Hey Lawrence, welcome to the fun! Post your photos here! I love seeing them too.
I might have to dig out some back-dated pics, I can't stand to look at any more snow, even in my own photos! And thank you, your ride reports give me something to set my sights on.
Skyclad, I was just up your way sunday, one last burn before I tore my 650 down for a new clutch and some maintenance. oh, joy. I saw only adv bikes, and a few harleys that day...kind of makes us all extremophiles, I guess. The normal people were nowhere to be seen.
I'm easy, when it comes to riding. On any Sunday, to quote:)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #71
ddavidv
Thrifty not cheap

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Lawrence, we will have to get together and head over to Michaux soon. I live about 2 miles west of the river, a little south of Wrightsville.
I live outside of Elizabethtown. I can fall off a dual sport with the best of 'em. Maybe we can all plan an invasion.

KLR Chronicles, list of my Ride Reports in PA/MD:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post18782262
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #72
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavidv View Post
I live outside of Elizabethtown. I can fall off a dual sport with the best of 'em. Maybe we can all plan an invasion.
Cool. I'm clear for the second and last weekend of march, first and second in April, maybe last if I survive my burn to SC the third week
I think my neighbor still has his KLR, I've been threatening to drag him out on an adv ride.
Took a 'grocery getting' run Sat on my little bike, but forgot the groceries. Did get it dirty tho.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #73
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,796
Lawrence, is that picture Fishing Creek road?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #74
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
Lawrence, is that picture Fishing Creek road?
Yes, good eye ya got there. Not many bridges like that. Before the enviro nazis took over Fishing Creek and declared it "pristine" (funny, my mom said it was carved out of the woods by Great Depression era workers, as a gov funded unemployment relief project), we used to ride the creek itself. But that was late 80s, early 90s. I'm sure you would be drawn, hung, and quartered for such horrible, destructive behavior now. Although if you look closely, no damage seems to have happened...could this be one special interest group intent on eliminating all others? Just ask the horse-back people who used to be able to ride here. Oh well, at least we have the horribly-kept, winter maintenance-free dirt road to enjoy. And they can't blame the dirtbikers for the dumping of refuse anymore...(it was so obvious that we were doing it- look, there is a knobby track right next to that junk couch!)
Sorry about the soap-boxing, each year I see our riding spots shrink due to classless acts of others. And this winter has been no exception, piles of old tires, fridges, roofing debris...it's probably good I don't have supreme executive power. I'd be executing it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #75
Liberia
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Reminds me of Middle and East Tennessee

What a great place you have to ride. Thank's so much for taking the time to share it with us. Some of your pictures look just like the great views we have here in Tennessee.

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote