Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #76
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberia View Post
What a great place you have to ride. Thank's so much for taking the time to share it with us. Some of your pictures look just like the great views we have here in Tennessee.

Thanks! You have taken a mess of time yourself. I'll be checking out your reports.

From Newfoundland to Alabama, it's all Appalachian to me!

I am enjoying the crap out of all this talk about mountain off tarmac riding.

This here is Sizerville State Park/Elk State Forest from ridge road. \

ZZZZAT look like the Smokies or what?

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 03-03-2011 at 04:50 PM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #77
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberia View Post
What a great place you have to ride. Thank's so much for taking the time to share it with us. Some of your pictures look just like the great views we have here in Tennessee.
Lucky you- you have the TAT! We gotta connect-the-dots. On a positive note, as the adv and ds bike market demand grows, our new bikes are gonna become very cool, and more readily available. I'll bet Triumph will double production of that slick new Tiger 800XC in '12....
Hey JaxObsessed- are you gonna give us a guided tour of the Michaux? Looks big. Oh yeah, if anyone is looking to get an '11 riding permit for the Reading Anthracite property, I'm planning a day jaunt to their office in Pottsville. The only way to get one, and has to be during their office hours. Wouldn't mind having a partner in crime for the ride.

LawrenceTheCat screwed with this post 03-03-2011 at 06:56 PM
LawrenceTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #78
JaxObsessed OP

Not to disparage the TAT ... but. Please parooze this here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38
You will find a great deal of work going into a Trans Eastern Trail. TET! oh yeh.

I go to MSF, and get lost. It's my favorite way to explore. You can have an excellent ride with just a compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceTheCat View Post
Lucky you- you have the TAT! We gotta connect-the-dots. On a positive note, as the adv and ds bike market demand grows, our new bikes are gonna become very cool, and more readily available. I'll bet Triumph will double production of that slick new Tiger 800XC in '12....
Hey JaxObsessed- are you gonna give us a guided tour of the Michaux? Looks big. Oh yeah, if anyone is looking to get an '11 riding permit for the Reading Anthracite property, I'm planning a day jaunt to their office in Pottsville. The only way to get one, and has to be during their office hours. Wouldn't mind having a partner in crime for the ride.

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 03-04-2011 at 05:52 PM
Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #79
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,555
Don't forget about the Trans WV Trail

Lot's of connect the dots going on lately. So many rides...so little time.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #80
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,997
The Trans WV trail is why I ended (or started, depending on which direction you are going) The Trans PA Trail at Michaux.

The other end is FrenchTown NJ where you pickup the Trans NJ trail.

Or you can take a route I have not ridden yet that works right into the Trans PA trail on the East side of the PA Grand Canyon, then goes to Hancock NY so riders can bypass the sand (I mean NJ trail) if they want.

the big empty right now is the bottom 1/2 of NY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Don't forget about the Trans WV Trail

Lot's of connect the dots going on lately. So many rides...so little time.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #81
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Wow, you guys are really opening my eyes to what is nearby...I was sure there was plenty of good riding in this region, but finding it seemed to be a shot in the dark. I will be checking out the links, feel free to post anything else!
I am planning a ride south in late April to visit some fam in SC, there is a southern DS loop under construction, and talk of a Memorial Day ride. I hope I can get on a few miles of it while I'm close, and get some pics for y'all (figured I better start practicing the language, gotta remember- dog is two syllables down there)
Here is one of me and Natasha watching 3' of snow and ice melt cresting the Holtwood Hydro dam on 2-18-11...what a sound!
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #82
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
The Trans WV trail is why I ended (or started, depending on which direction you are going) The Trans PA Trail at Michaux.

The other end is FrenchTown NJ where you pickup the Trans NJ trail.

Or you can take a route I have not ridden yet that works right into the Trans PA trail on the East side of the PA Grand Canyon, then goes to Hancock NY so riders can bypass the sand (I mean NJ trail) if they want.

the big empty right now is the bottom 1/2 of NY.
I WAS working on a route through PA that went from michaux, to Tusc, to Rothock, Bald eagle, Sproul, Elk, and to the Allegheny National Forrest at the NY border. BUT, I have since punted the project to be completed in the next few years. I got a pretty reasonable start, then several technology setbacks and time constraints have doomed it to the back burner.
fyi
Chip is merging the TWVT and the TET.
This is where I get to say, I am a lucky sob... I am riding the TWVT 2 times this spring and visiting WV for fun and riding 3 other times this year.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #83
JaxObsessed OP

Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #84
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Back atcha :)
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #85
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

I guess one of these days I'll have to figure out how to put more than one pic in a post...
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #86
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
The Pirelli MT21 rear tire for the DR650SE arrived at 9:49 Tuesday morning by FedEx (7 days from AZ), one hour later I bungie corded the tire to the rear rack and took off for the shop in Carlisle, PA (Cumberland Cycle Center), where the tire was installed, the oil and filter changed, plugs replaced and state inspection done. I've since filled the tank with Sunoco Ultra 93, lubed the chain and cleaned the air filter, so it should be ready to go. We're to get 2 or 3 inches of rain by Thursday evening, followed by a 30% chance of showers Friday through Sunday, so it could be a little moist in Michaux. If it's not a complete washout, I'm planning on riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested in joining in on the mud slinging, let me know and we can set up a place and time to meet.

Jeff (SoPaRider)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 AM   #87
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,858
Keep these pics coming, fellas. Y'all have some beautiful country up there
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #88
LawrenceTheCat
3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
The Pirelli MT21 rear tire for the DR650SE arrived at 9:49 Tuesday morning by FedEx (7 days from AZ), one hour later I bungie corded the tire to the rear rack and took off for the shop in Carlisle, PA (Cumberland Cycle Center), where the tire was installed, the oil and filter changed, plugs replaced and state inspection done. I've since filled the tank with Sunoco Ultra 93, lubed the chain and cleaned the air filter, so it should be ready to go. We're to get 2 or 3 inches of rain by Thursday evening, followed by a 30% chance of showers Friday through Sunday, so it could be a little moist in Michaux. If it's not a complete washout, I'm planning on riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested in joining in on the mud slinging, let me know and we can set up a place and time to meet.

Jeff (SoPaRider)
looks like the sky should clear for the weekend- I can handle the 40's if it ain't wetting. Just put a new clutch in my large girl, and it feels a bit draggy. A good long ride might restore the smooth shifting I had. If I can pick up a few adventurers between here (south Lancaster county) and Michaux, maybe we could meet up near Gettysburg. You are west of Hbg, correct? I had a truck go down at work this week, should have it's replacement on line by sat morning. That would hopefully give me all day Sunday, if anyone is up for some fun.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #89
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
LTC, I can see Michaux S.F. on a clear day from my home office computer! I live less than a mile north of U.S. Route 30 (Lincoln
Way East) and a couple of miles east of Chambersburg and I-81 (Exit 16), only six miles to Michaux. I'm planning on riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday, some others on this thread have shown some interest as well,
shoot me a P.M. and I'll give you the details. That goes for anyone!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #90
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider View Post
Keep these pics coming, fellas. Y'all have some beautiful country up there
Nice to see you here Mike. 2 weeks til we'll be riding together. You know that if you are ever up this way, I'll take you riding in the mountains.
ECR's thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638278 is a great pictorial tour of coastal South Carolina that shouldn't be missed.

I have a feeling there are going to be lots of new pics added to this thread this weekend! Thanks SoPaRider!