Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #76
Bullhead Fred

Oddometer: 323
He made the cut

I'll be going to the AT&T Memorial tomorrow, and as I was reading through the tee times, I noticed a familiar name...Ben Crane.

I thought to myself' "I think Ben Crane is the SIL from the inmate's thread in JoMamma." WTF, small world...

He's 8 off the lead at 1 over, but is standing ahead of plenty of big names.

(Did you guys know Fowler was an MX'er?)

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for him.

Good luck, Ben Crane.
Fred apologized for not having a phone, after I asked where I would have to go to make a call, later on. He said, "I don't have no phone because I don't have no electric. If I had electric, I would have had a phone in here a long time ago." He uses a kerosene lamp, a propane lamp, and two flashlights.

John McPhee
Bullhead Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #77
Deacon OP
Ready, shoot, aim

Oddometer: 1,113
Ben's Cranes

A little "whoop whoop" when he goes by would be appreciated! Tomorrow is moving day, lets hope he moves a lot!
Deacon

Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #78
Bullhead Fred

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon
A little "whoop whoop" when he goes by would be appreciated! Tomorrow is moving day, lets hope he moves a lot!
Deacon
Definitely will give him some cheers. He's still right there in striking distance. A lot can happen in 36 holes.

We might just just follow him and Bob Estes for awhile. I would like to see Woods hit a few shots, but don't want to deal with the crowds he and the leader's will bring.

I hope he makes a run for it. Let's go Ben Crane!

update:

The wifey and I, caught up to Ben at the 13th green. (we slept in and didn't get there until 11:30) He had a great up and down from the back of an elevated green to save par. Singh was in the group ahead of Ben, and he was -3 for the day so we skipped ahead and watched his approach into the par 3 14th. Really tough pin placement to the back/right of the green, just over a dramatic drop in the the putting surface. Ben, went for the flag and landed inches away from where he needed to land for the ball to release down the hill to the hole. Inches, literally made the difference between the fringe on top of the slope and right on the pin.

It ended up being a tough hole for Ben, but he held his composure, like a rock. Seems like he was even for 16 holes, and two holes cost him.

We followed Singh and Ben, back and forth, until the 17th, when we went and found a nice spot between the 18th and 9th greens to watch the players finish the 9's respectively.

It was fun having a totally random connection from a website to one of the players. That Ben is as snazzy a dresser as the above pictures imply, too.

He made the cut again, too. So, good luck tomorrow. I'll be working, too, but no where near a golf course.
Fred apologized for not having a phone, after I asked where I would have to go to make a call, later on. He said, "I don't have no phone because I don't have no electric. If I had electric, I would have had a phone in here a long time ago." He uses a kerosene lamp, a propane lamp, and two flashlights.

John McPhee

Bullhead Fred screwed with this post 07-03-2010 at 07:41 PM
Bullhead Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #79
frewhl
daily rider

Oddometer: 8,726
I saw Ben on the golf channel goofing off for their comedy show.
I hope he has a good season.
Then I headed over to where my girlfriend works. Greg, the boss, followed us outside and kept trying to tell me about how he went to Las Vegas one time on a motocycle. I was like, "oh-kay, that's great Greg."

Just back from Prudhoe Bay, IMO it was really worth the trip, AK is a beautiful place & you need lots of time to take it all in. I'm looking forward to returning & exploring some places i didn't have time to ride.RIP Ron Melton
frewhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #80
Deacon OP
Ready, shoot, aim

A different side

Ben had his best year with two wins last year. Only played 3 tournaments this year. Pulled a muscle the 2nd round of match play and has been working through that. I don't know if he will play many before masters but he knows his position.
I know he appreciates the support and now has a website and facebook which he does read.
Deacon
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #81
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,536
Making my 1st trip to The Masters in a couple of weeks. Best I could do is score tix for the wife and I for Mondays practice round. I followed their entry procedure and finally got the tix. This process took 6 years! I registered each year since '06 and got in this year. Just got the passes last week.

Can't wait to get there. Now I see Deacon is pops-in-law. Cool. I'll be giving BC a shout out(respectfully of course).
How cool would that little ADV sticker look on that golf bag?

See ya in Augusta
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #82
Deacon OP
Ready, shoot, aim

take your camera

The practice rounds are the only ones you can take a camera to so take advantage of that. Normal courtesies apply. Also be aware that when entering you can only carry an item that will fit in a 6x9x6 (appx) box and they do check. So no large purses etc. I got around it a bit by putting my camera in one box and my wife putting my 70-200 in the other. No chairs other than those logo'd with the Master's logo; same with any other branded product ie water, soda etc. Their food and drink prices are very fair given the captive crowd ie $1 for bottled water not $5 like an NBA game!
It is also pretty much the only time you can get autographs. Have your wife approach; there are professional autograph collectors and if you are male and not a kid your response will be limited.
Also, if you place a chair at a particular hole, it's your spot. You can leave and follow certain players and return. If someone is in your chairs kindly let them know and they will immediately vacate. Very honor bound.
Have a great time and a whoop whoop for Ben.
Deacon
Old 03-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #83
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,536
Thanks for the tips Deacon.

I'll 'whoop whoop' for BC.
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #84
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It is also pretty much the only time you can get autographs. Have your wife approach; there are professional autograph collectors and if you are male and not a kid your response will be limited.
During a practice round at the '96 US Open, My G/F dressed in a nice low cut top. (and they were magnificent )

Had a hat signed by some of the greats: Nicklaus, Watson, Lehman, Els, Strange, Pavin, Love, Mickelson, Singh, Faldo and more.
Even Tiger's since he was still an amateur then.

We hadn't caught up to the Nicklaus, Watson, Woods group.
Using a hat to collect the sigs and saving the bill for the big names.
She had went to get a some water and came back with a signature front and center on the bill. I was a little pissed.

I hadn't even heard of Steven Jones before. Who is this guy?

Turns out, he's the guy who won the 1996 US Open.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: