ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #61
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865
RE: Foreign Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by distributist View Post

When you guys said no international orders, does that apply to Canada as well. I added it to my shipping cart, but when I change the shipping to Canada or Canada-Ontario, I get $0.00 shipping charge. I have no problem with that, but figure it probably isn't right.
I appreciate your interest. But as it turns out I'm not shipping to other countries, I haven't worked out the banking details, customs, etc.

Then there are the RoHS (lead-free) certification requirements. Those documents get filed in some manner with one or more agencies, and in some cases with the destination country or association agency, as the EU uses.

I could make a few suggestions to circumvent the regulations, but that would be me attempting to knowingly sell outside the US without documentation. And I cannot do that knowingly.

For example, I've heard stories about people in the US buying various products for friends outside the US, and mailing it to them. Not that I'm suggesting you try that.

I could not participate if I knew that was happening. Because if I know about it, I can't do it. Thanks for your understanding.

Jim



__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #62
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU HWY View Post

If it weren't for the Last Minute, nothing would ever get done...
I resemble that remark!



Thanks very much for your orders everyone!



___________________________________________

83 units sold, 17 units left as of 7:19pm Thurs Mar 24
2 days remaining in the sales period.
___________________________________________



__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #63
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer
 
Florida Lime's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: As stated, and as often as possible -R'ville, N.C.
Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

The marketing department has informed me that a group email notification will go out for the IICE Cool.
Will this apply to both the non-Canbus AND Can-bus versions ?
__________________
'10 Husaberg FE570
'10 BMW R1200GSA "30th anniversary edition"
'14 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #64
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Will this apply to both the non-Canbus AND Can-bus versions ?
Just a minute, let me ask...

Yes. If you purchased an IICE Air, then an email notification will go out for both versions of the IICE Cool. And also for the other upcoming related devices.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #65
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865
Didn't think about Saturday!


___________________________________________

84 units sold, 16 units left as of 8:13pm Thurs Mar 24
2 days remaining in the sales period.
___________________________________________


To account for sales on Saturday, (something I didn't consider ), I'll contact the PCB house tomorrow, and see if I can make an addition to the order on Monday.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #66
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

I could make a few suggestions to circumvent the regulations, but that would be me attempting to knowingly sell outside the US without documentation. And I cannot do that knowingly.

For example, I've heard stories about people in the US buying various products for friends outside the US, and mailing it to them. Not that I'm suggesting you try that.

I could not participate if I knew that was happening. Because if I know about it, I can't do it. Thanks for your understanding.

Jim



Anyone want a new Canadian friend?
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #67
fir_chan
Little Red Dot
 
fir_chan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I appreciate your interest. But as it turns out I'm not shipping to other countries, I haven't worked out the banking details, customs, etc.

Then there are the RoHS (lead-free) certification requirements. Those documents get filed in some manner with one or more agencies, and in some cases with the destination country or association agency, as the EU uses.

I could make a few suggestions to circumvent the regulations, but that would be me attempting to knowingly sell outside the US without documentation. And I cannot do that knowingly.

For example, I've heard stories about people in the US buying various products for friends outside the US, and mailing it to them. Not that I'm suggesting you try that.

I could not participate if I knew that was happening. Because if I know about it, I can't do it. Thanks for your understanding.

Jim



Or even a Singaporean Friend!!!

Been trying to get someone to buy it for me, i have an US shipping address too!!!

But i just cant buy!!!

Anyone?
__________________
-------------------------------------------

**2008** BMW R1200GS Adventure
**2013** Honda CRF250L
fir_chan is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #68
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865

Whatever you guys come up with regarding shipping to friends in other countries, keep it under your hat! Seriously, don't post it in here.



___________________________________________

86 units sold, 14 units left as of 2:28am Friday Mar 25
1 day remaining in the sales period.
___________________________________________

Note: To account for sales on Saturday, (something I didn't consider ), I'll contact the PCB house Friday, and see if I can make an addition to the order on Monday.



__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 03-25-2011 at 04:30 AM
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #69
Spoke
semi-feral teen
 
Spoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 780
ordered. Thanks guys.
__________________
Rich


It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #70
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The great state of confusion
Oddometer: 4,204
Schedule for the IICE Cool

Poolside:

I have an F650GS twin. My only complaint is throttle lag taking off from standing start (or low speed), esp. when bike is not quite warmed up all the way.

It sounds like product #2 - the IICE Cool (the "fooled-you" device for coolant/oil temp.) is designed to address that issue?

Do you have tentative schedule & price for that device?
JRWooden is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #71
johnjen
I've Been Resigned
 
johnjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 15,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Poolside:

I have an F650GS twin. My only complaint is throttle lag taking off from standing start (or low speed), esp. when bike is not quite warmed up all the way.

It sounds like product #2 - the IICE Cool (the "fooled-you" device for coolant/oil temp.) is designed to address that issue?

Do you have tentative schedule & price for that device?
This should be asked in the 'other' thread.

JJ
__________________
The hidden harmony is found with joy, while the obvious brings indifference.
The farther you enter into the Truth the deeper your conviction for truth must be.
There is understanding of the world precisely to the degree that there is understanding of the Self.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #72
aceranic
Adventurer
 
aceranic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Stobrec, Croatia
Oddometer: 64
Anybody

Anybody willing to send it to me. I will order one to your addres an later pay postage and all via PayPal to you.
aceranic is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #73
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865

Thanks for the last group of orders!


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #74
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

___________________________________________

99 units sold, 1 unit left as of 10:20pm Friday Mar 25
1 day remaining in the sales period.
___________________________________________

Note: To account for sales on Saturday, (something I didn't consider ), I'll contact the PCB house Friday, and see if I can make an addition to the order on Monday.

I worked it out with the supplier! Even though they started on the order, they will accommodate me adding additional boards on Monday. Not too bad.


Here's the new notice:
___________________________________________

99 units sold as of 10:20pm Friday Mar 25, SALE ENDS SUNDAY
2 days remaining in the sales period.
___________________________________________



__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #75
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer
 
dirtyoffroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: merrimack,N.H.
Oddometer: 532
I ordered one yesterday prior to selling the bike,any chance of refund before item is shipped?
__________________
07 Honda XR 650R
11 BMW R1200GSA
dirtyoffroad is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014