ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #6121
Cupid
Adventure Poser
 
Cupid's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: DMV Area
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden#69 View Post
Top or side of your helmet.
Yeah, I was trying to mount it to the bike instead of me! Less wind baffling on my head and neck.

Trying not to bruise my "neck meat".
^ Which movie?
__________________
"You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore." Admiral William Adama
Cupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #6122
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
Tell me more about where to get them nice auxiliary lights and that fancy mount for them.

TIA

Sorry, I can't be much help about the lights and mounts........the previous owner had them installed.

I just picked up the bike last week, so I do not know too much about it either.

I do know I will have to do the rear suspension linkage bearing that is in the frame.

Other than that the bike looks good so far.

Thanks for posting the photo's.

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #6123
svenb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
svenb's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 139
Soon there will be spring in Sweden

So I have done some changes to my beloved 640
Some changes on the electrical system
Pictures before and after.
Wiring that is how it looks now.
Removed the following items on the schedule.
39 Roadbook power, If I need it i'll get it from my 12v terminal
40 clutch switch
43 TPS
48 Diode
49 3th gear
50 2th gear
Neutral

Two separate 12 volts is routed to the terminal. Here I pick out a little extra to handle the heated grips and later HID.

New paint for glory's sake, new electrical system, according to previous posts, new plastic that was required, new turn signals else there is nothing new under the sun
Electrcial
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...1&d=1300272004
Before
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...9&d=1300271986
After
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...0&d=1300271993
Attached Images
 
svenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #6124
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenb View Post
So I have done some changes to my beloved 640
Some changes on the electrical system
Pictures before and after.
Wiring that is how it looks now.
Removed the following items on the schedule.
39 Roadbook power, If I need it i'll get it from my 12v terminal
40 clutch switch
43 TPS
48 Diode
49 3th gear
50 2th gear
Neutral

Two separate 12 volts is routed to the terminal. Here I pick out a little extra to handle the heated grips and later HID.

New paint for glory's sake, new electrical system, according to previous posts, new plastic that was required, new turn signals else there is nothing new under the sun
Electrcial
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...1&d=1300272004
Before
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...9&d=1300271986
After
http://forum.soe.se/attachment.php?a...0&d=1300271993
Awesome looking paint scheme ......

G.
__________________
03 Caponord

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #6125
sjeproductions
Gnarly Adventurer
 
sjeproductions's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 264
Laugh What to do when your moto isn't rolling....

While I am eagerly awaiting the return of my suspension from Stillwell Performance, I figured I'd tackle a throttle lock and Hyde Racing Windscreen. Both mods I've been wanting to tackle since I bought the bike. While I like to spend as little time on the tarmac as possible, I figure I might as well make myself as comfortable as I can be when pavement is the only option.

Wasn't a huge fan of the clear screen, so I had a buddy who owns a vinyl shop cover it for me. Not an exact match, but at 75mph or covered in dirt, who'll be the wiser!!

I'll let you know what I think of it's performance next weekend when the 640 is back together and ready to roll...



sjeproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #6126
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer
 
VxZeroKnots's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Durango CO
Oddometer: 2,372
looks good from here, please keep us posted!
__________________
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.


VxZeroKnots screwed with this post 03-26-2011 at 06:07 PM Reason: found link
VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #6127
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,563
Talking here's my 640 non adventure

17000 mi & running strong!
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #6128
Dave KLR
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dave KLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 151
here are some photo of my new to me '01. This is my second 640a, the first one I got antsy in the pantsy for a 450 and let it go too soon.
Missed it alot, got the chance to grab its brother and havent looked back.
















thanks for looking :)
Dave KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #6129
Minimike
Studly Adventurer
 
Minimike's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Tellico Plains, TN
Oddometer: 881
You look like a Rally hero there Dave!
__________________
The great riding pleasure is "to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women", all from a smaller, less powerful bike.
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #6130
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gerst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Durango, CO
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Sorry, I can't be much help about the lights and mounts........the previous owner had them installed.

I just picked up the bike last week, so I do not know too much about it either.

I do know I will have to do the rear suspension linkage bearing that is in the frame.

Other than that the bike looks good so far.

Thanks for posting the photo's.

Cheers
I pm'd the seller of a bike that looked just like yours. It's a custom light mount that attaches to the lower triple clamp. If you get a chance can you take some pics and post em up? BTW nice bike!
Gerst
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #6131
Geekventure
Ronzoni
 
Geekventure's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 82
Good times!

Nice pics Dave...looks like a blast
__________________
2002 640 LC 4-E ROT 18L USA
Geekventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #6132
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerst View Post
I pm'd the seller of a bike that looked just like yours. It's a custom light mount that attaches to the lower triple clamp. If you get a chance can you take some pics and post em up? BTW nice bike!
Gerst
Gerst;
It was JWMudd that the bike came from a couple of weeks ago........I have a tough time posting photo's here, but I will take some photo's of the lights for you and let you know when I have them.

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 AM   #6133
liferider
Never It's enough
 
liferider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Patagonia
Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave KLR View Post
here are some photo of my new to me '01. This is my second 640a, the first one I got antsy in the pantsy for a 450 and let it go too soon.
Missed it alot, got the chance to grab its brother and havent looked back.


thanks for looking :)
Dave, your face has "that smile"... no doubt you are right back home again...! re welcome!
Now, if your rides are most in those environments, please consider to use knobs... you gonna LOVE your bike with real dirt tires... it will blow your head, that's for sure !!!

Good luck
__________________
'Long Life to Dirt Riders'
__________________________________________________ _______
Argentina-Chile-Peru - Home of the Dakar ... again ... and again... and again!
liferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:06 AM   #6134
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer
 
VxZeroKnots's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Durango CO
Oddometer: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Gerst;
It was JWMudd that the bike came from a couple of weeks ago........I have a tough time posting photo's here, but I will take some photo's of the lights for you and let you know when I have them.

Cheers
just email them to me again and I'll host them.
__________________
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #6135
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Oddometer: 585
Dam it!

I just painted mine all white. You beat me to posting the pics. I have a Cycra front fender that is orange with white vented at the rear. But it doesn't match the stock orange side panels/fender. So I was thinking the early 98-99 white fender off the RXC would probally look sweet. You just confirmed my thoughts. It looks dam good. So I am gonna steal your look from ya. But I do have some orange so we wont look like total twinks if we ever ride together.Did you order it thru KTM? Mine is a 01. Yours looks like a 01 also.
jonnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014