Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #46
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Man View Post
The sun visor sliding control is in the way. I doubt that you could mount the Scala because of that and it would be difficult to get the mike up inside to your mouth. The C3 seals off the area below your chin which is what makes it quiet. You would have no place to put the boom mic.
Bummer. That is probably the deathnell for this dream.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #47
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,550
Quote:
The sun visor sliding control is in the way. I doubt that you could mount the Scala because of that and it would be difficult to get the mike up inside to your mouth. The C3 seals off the area below your chin which is what makes it quiet. You would have no place to put the boom mic.
I have the C3 with a Cardo Q2, which was available with an extra long mic boom, so it works fine with the sun visor control.

Maybe the Cardo G4 will be available with a longer mic boom.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #48
Traveling Man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
I have the C3 with a Cardo Q2, which was available with an extra long mic boom, so it works fine with the sun visor control.

Maybe the Cardo G4 will be available with a longer mic boom.
That must be a very long boom mike. Do you have any difficulty getting it inside the helmet? I thought the soft piece below the chin would get in the way.

2011 R1200GSA
2006 Harley Road Glide
Traveling Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #49
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,550
No difficulty at all.. The long boom allows me to place the Cardo unit well clear of the sun shade control.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #50
Eastview
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:

I have mounted mine, actually Peter in the parts dept at South Sound BMW did it for me (thks Peter) and it works OK. I think he use one of the adhesive pads and it took a few tries to get it just right but he made it work. It takes some time to get the mike where it fits but I have it down now. The slide for the visor is a pain to opperate thats for sure but it can be done. I'm sure I will upgrade soon but $400 x 2 seems steep, come on Schuberth drop that down a hundy will ya????
2006 BMW K1200S (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore(sold)Replaced with 2002 Foggy Monster
Eastview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #51
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,472
I too have mounted Scala Q3 my my Schuberth C3 and it worked fine until double stick tape started peeling off. Now that I got Schuberth SRC system installed I do not have to worry about it, but it burned a $$ hole in my pocket.

If you search for Shuberth C3 Scala you will find a thread where I posted a pictures of install.

D.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #52
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,260
So, after drooling over these C3's I had to have one. Problem is I don't have a $700 head, I have a $583 head, so I bought a black large one from Germany online last night (Biker-Land.de no affiliation- their customer service is outstanding) and it will be here in a few days. It is not DOT stickered, but neither is my head. Thanks to all you FF's for giving me helmet fever
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #53
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
So, after drooling over these C3's I had to have one. Problem is I don't have a $700 head, I have a $583 head, so I bought a black large one from Germany online last night (Biker-Land.de no affiliation- their customer service is outstanding) and it will be here in a few days. It is not DOT stickered, but neither is my head. Thanks to all you FF's for giving me helmet fever
From what I understand the difference between DOT and ECE (or w/e the Euro standard is too lazy to go read my helmet) is puncture protection. So while the DOT helm will do ECE + an icepick or that blade edge of the street sign, the Euro helmet will not (dealer claimed that ECE was moving to DOT for puncture so in the future itll be a common standard).

OTOH, watch out for the pinlock system. So far Ive been unable to get it to not leak and fog up.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #54
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

I learned about this the hard way. It worked wonderfully until one day I decided to wash my visor under warm running water in a sink. I think I bent the visor too much, the seal broke and water got inside.

I removed the pinlock, dried everything and put it back together. It was never the same again, the seal would break in either one corner or another. I ended up buying another visor with the new pinlock installed and now I just switch between pinlock equipped one on cold days and non pinlock for normal weather. Luckly the shield removal takes one second so I can live with this.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
OTOH, watch out for the pinlock system. So far Ive been unable to get it to not leak and fog up.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #55
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
I learned about this the hard way. It worked wonderfully until one day I decided to wash my visor under warm running water in a sink. I think I bent the visor too much, the seal broke and water got inside.

I removed the pinlock, dried everything and put it back together. It was never the same again, the seal would break in either one corner or another. I ended up buying another visor with the new pinlock installed and now I just switch between pinlock equipped one on cold days and non pinlock for normal weather. Luckly the shield removal takes one second so I can live with this.

D.
Is there any reason not to just leave the pinlock installed all the time to avoid messing with the seal?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #56
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,501
Quote:
Is there any reason not to just leave the pinlock installed all the time to avoid messing with the seal?
I did not know people take theirs on and off......I have not taken mine off yet...
Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #57
jodyz121
Mostly Harmless . . .

Oddometer: 292
Pinlock

Haven't remove mine in well over a year. No problems.
jodyz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #58
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

This is exactly my point. Leave the pinlock in and have no issues. The second it comes out for some reason the problems begin.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
I did not know people take theirs on and off......I have not taken mine off yet...

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #59
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Quote:
Ok, 6 days after ordering a new C3 from biker-land.de it arrived this morning. It is beautiful and the Large (58-59 cm) fits my Arai noggin perfectly. I love the fit, the sunshade is awesome, and it comes with a nice user manual and an exceptionally nice padded helmet bag. Quality fit and finish! You guys owe me $583 for creating gear-fever. This thing cost me more than my first bike, Honda CB350!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #60
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
Out of the box the pinlock fogged. I had assumed it was just seated incorrectly and that reseating it would resolved the issue (which worked for pinlocks on my Shoei). Sadly that was a no go and Im not thrilled with the idea of coughing up the dough for a new shield.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote