Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #121
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,586
Mr. COB do you remember in my PM where I told you what to say and even to copy and paste the exact sentence and send it to Poolside?

If you had sent that simple one sentence, none of us would be discussing this right now.
I even explained why it was necessary. And if those e-mails I saw were the full exchange, you didn't actually state that you accepted the terms and conditions.

And I can see from your position where you believe you accepted them, but the actual words used didn't SAY that. Your words implied, and pointed at, and seemed to say what you imply, but you never said, and this is the clincher,
I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE.

This, as was pointed out in a previous post, is a consequence of bypassing the paypal ordering process.

I'm sorry for the confusion or misunderstanding or whatever you want to call it, but implying agreement and stating it in writing are NOT the same thing, no matter how much you want to believe them to be the same.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590

johnjen screwed with this post 04-05-2011 at 04:46 PM
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #122
pigfixer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
this isn't about bikes

Mr Cob,
You made your point, as did JJ.
Can we now drop this topic and get back to motorcycles please.
pigfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #123
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,081
What are the conditions that were such an issue? Just the part about it being not returnable? or was there more on the paypal section?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #124
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Mr. COB do you remember in my PM where I told you what to say and even to copy and paste the exact sentence and send it to Poolside?

If you had sent that simple one sentence, none of us would be discussing this right now.
I even explained why it was necessary. And if those e-mails I saw were the the full exchange, you didn't actually state that you accepted the terms and conditions.

And I can see from your position where you believe you accepted them, but the actual words used didn't SAY that. Your words implied, and pointed at, and seemed to say what you imply, but you never said, and this is the clincher,
I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE.

This, as was pointed out in a previous post, is a consequence of bypassing the paypal ordering process.

I'm sorry for the confusion or misunderstanding or whatever you want to call it, but implying agreement and stating it in writing are NOT the same thing, no matter how much you want to believe them to be the same.

JJ
Howdy JJ,

I have met you, I have not met poolside, all bullshit aside, take your lawyer hat off and be human, can you in all HONESTY state that in my emails and PM's that I didn't write in words that ANY reasonable person could understand that I accepted the terms of sale? If you can HONESTLY state that I didn't know what I was buying, the terms under which it was sold, and that I had no recourse after the sale, then I'll have misjudged your ability to understand plain English. Like I said, I am NOT a fuckin lawyer, I am an honest man and deal with others as if they are honest, I don't hide behind words or legalities.

Read my signature, I have been modifying and selling modified Ural clutch disks for close to five years, I have sold them all over the USA, in Canada and a few have even made it to Europe. In all the time I have been doing this I have never had a complaint on the product, I have ASKED that I be paid with a personal check from folks I'll never meet and have never been burned. I don't have any disclaimers, I don't ask people to sign any type of "click-thru".

I ship the parts as soon as they are ordered, in short I "TRUST" people, I don't fuck with them. The way I look at it if someone writes to me and orders something from me, we have a contract it might not be legal but if a person is worth a shit their word or sense of honor is worth a HELL of a lot more then a piddly sum of money such we are talking about here. My sense of self worth means a whole lot more to me then $72.50 including shipping, if "YOU" or "poolside" gave me their word on something I would take you or him at his word until proven otherwise.

I fulfilled my end of the contract, poolside reneged on his, as I know you I asked that you intercede on my behalf. John I offer to YOU my sincere apology for having gotten you involved in an affair that was not of your making, that was a mistake on my part and I accept full responsibility for having made it.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #125
dirtybikefrank
Beast wrestler

Oddometer: 375
???

What the hell is going on? Can someone please
fill me in? I bought the doodad and can't read anymore of the ranting.

What happened?!
dirtybikefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #126
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,586
see post 674 and 694.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590

johnjen screwed with this post 04-05-2011 at 05:55 PM
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #127
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Seems there is a lot around here today!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #128
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
Cob- if this thing works you may buy my accelerator thing that i won't need and i'll take a check for payment, no click through high tech stuff. now get out and ride , you'll feel better and stop being a

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #129
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
Cob- if this thing works you may buy my accelerator thing that i won't need and i'll take a check for payment, no click through high tech stuff. now get out and ride , you'll feel better and stop being a
Howdy Spoke,

Chances are very good that I ride more then you do on a regular basis and I DID go for a ride today even if it was quite cold and raining. I do hope this thing works for you and then you can sell your accelerator to someone else. As to the thing if you regard calling someone on their shit crying it says much more about you then me.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #130
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,447
Wowzers.

I understand Mr. Cob's view, and sadly, I understand Poolside's as well. I can't say I like that Poolside has to be so uptight about the transaction, but in this day and age, he does. I don't know the particulars of teh PM's and Emails, and quite frankly, I don't want to know. I just know we have two inmates that have come to an in pass.

So, I would offer this solution if both Poolside and Mr. Cob feel it is agreeable. I can use my paypal account to pay for the part, and then have it shipped to Mr. Cob, and Mr. Cob can send me a check. This way Poolside has the click through he needs to cover his side, and Mr. Cob gets the part he has ordered. Me, I get to know I helped out some fellow inmates, and that makes it worth it for me as well.

So, Poolside/Mr. Cob? Does that work?
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #131
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCap View Post
Wowzers.

I understand Mr. Cob's view, and sadly, I understand Poolside's as well. I can't say I like that Poolside has to be so uptight about the transaction, but in this day and age, he does. I don't know the particulars of teh PM's and Emails, and quite frankly, I don't want to know. I just know we have two inmates that have come to an in pass.

So, I would offer this solution if both Poolside and Mr. Cob feel it is agreeable. I can use my paypal account to pay for the part, and then have it shipped to Mr. Cob, and Mr. Cob can send me a check. This way Poolside has the click through he needs to cover his side, and Mr. Cob gets the part he has ordered. Me, I get to know I helped out some fellow inmates, and that makes it worth it for me as well.

Always does me good to see such appeasement
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #132
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Wowzers.

Howdy AndyCap,

You Sir are a gentleman indeed and I thank you for your most kind offer to attempt facilitating this mess.

All I ever wanted was the product, this is agreeable to me on the CONDITION that when it becomes available I will RECEIVE ( after it is paid for ) the second product that will complete this modification. If I can't be guaranteed the second part the first part is of little use to me.

Poolside, what say you?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #133
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Wowzers.

Might work except Poolside stopped taking orders three weeks ago and seems unwilling to increase the number to be made. Otherwise I'd be ordering one too!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #134
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post

What are the conditions that were such an issue? Just the part about it being not returnable? Or was there more on the paypal section?
Yes, that was the whole thing.

For whatever reason, Cob would not write these words in an email, "I accept the terms."

Here's a screenshot of the PayPal shopping cart. Nothing hidden, the 'terms' are just what you see there.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 04-30-2011 at 03:42 PM Reason: Changed the IMG tags. Image unchanged.
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #135
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Yes, that was the whole thing.

For whatever reason, Cob would not write these words in an email, "I accept the terms."

Here's a screenshot of the PayPal shopping cart. Nothing hidden, the 'terms' are just what you see there.

Howdy All,

Here is a direct quote from the last email I sent to Poolside, as he has presented what could be considered "evidence" of his view is it not reasonable that I should be able to present what I wrote to him?

This is what I wrote, yes after going through this THREE times I was a bit up set, like I said, I speak and write in plain English, I can't understand how what I wrote could be construed in any way other then accepting the terms of sale. This is the quote.

Jim,

What the fuck am I supposed to say, I can read and understand your disclaimer. I have three times told you to cash the check and send me the product, what more do you want me to do?

Dave

Am "I" the only one who can read this and see that I have read and understand the terms of sale? Is it really that difficult, does one have to have law degree to buy a part on the Internet? I am as this is being written buying a LOT of parts both in the USA and Canada over the Internet to install a hack on the GS, I have not had ANY problems doing so, it strikes me as just a tad strange that this is the ONLY time I have ever had such difficulties in making an Internet purchase.

Poolside, if you want to get me banned for posting part of an email discussion go for it but I think it fair that both sides of this issue be aired.