ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - West & PNW
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #31
Wozzer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 114
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this, planning on using them this week.
Wozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_Rider View Post
.... I'd have serious thoughts about taking a street bike (i.e. a VFR) to Racetrack. But that's me. If you've done it (I mean ride dirt roads with lots'a rocks) before and are good at it go for it. Beware though the road isn't "easy" and there are some sandy bits. I just rode the route three days ago and it's cake on a GS w/ knobbies but street tires and street geometry... dunno.


Cheers
DR
Gonna try it tomorrow on a CBR 1000F... I'll let you know how far I get.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #33
Wozzer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 114
oh man, i remember this, it was sweet
Wozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #34
fudgypup
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 2,199
GPSxchange.com

Apparently you have to upload a file first, have it q/c'd then you can download someone else's. Need files now! Any ideas? I have the gpx files posted for DV here three years ago, but would like some more current and comprehensive ones.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #35
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Apparently you have to upload a file first, have it q/c'd then you can download someone else's. Need files now! Any ideas? I have the gpx files posted for DV here three years ago, but would like some more current and comprehensive ones.
You don't need to post first to download my files, read the fine print.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #36
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer
 
wbbnm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Abq NM
Oddometer: 1,975
You have my sympathy triying to download files from GPSXchange. I joined a few years ago and dutifully uploaded a file. But it took nearly a month before the powers that be there enabled me to be able to download.

I was so desparate to get some tracks, I PM'd the guy who had loaded the file I wanted for an upcoming trip. He then sent them to me via email and provided lots of good advice about our route.

A good alternate source is DSMaps
wbbnm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #37
fudgypup
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
You don't need to post first to download my files, read the fine print.
Jerry, thanks for the reply. Can you just dumb it down for me then? I'm kinda smart but can't figure this one out for some reason. I have the pan cabins and DV routes I think you posted here at ADVRIDER some years ago, but couldn't find your stuff on gpsxchange, unless it's the files you uploaded in 2005. Anything more recent/comprehensive? Many thanks.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #38
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Jerry, thanks for the reply. Can you just dumb it down for me then? I'm kinda smart but can't figure this one out for some reason. I have the pan cabins and DV routes I think you posted here at ADVRIDER some years ago, but couldn't find your stuff on gpsxchange, unless it's the files you uploaded in 2005. Anything more recent/comprehensive? Many thanks.
All my files are under "Private Libraries" about half way down the home page. If that fails I will always e-mail any one a file.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #39
fudgypup
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
All my files are under "Private Libraries" about half way down the home page. If that fails I will always e-mail any one a file.
SO HELPFUL! Thanks again, Jerry. Hope to meet one day. Headed to DV on Thu then Warped.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #40
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
SO HELPFUL! Thanks again, Jerry. Hope to meet one day. Headed to DV on Thu then Warped.
Riding form Trona to Panamint Sprgs to Beatty Tuesday, Beatty to Shoshone Wed, back to Trona thurs.

I live in Ridgecrest a few more weeks, stop by.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
snohobo
Supermoto hippy
 
snohobo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere in south america
Oddometer: 426
Looks like that site is now down and these tracks arent available.

Have them been uploaded anywhere else?
__________________
Ride Reports:

Supermoto Around Death Valley - In Progress

Supermoto Around South America - Terminado
snohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #42
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by snohobo View Post
Looks like that site is now down and these tracks arent available.

Have them been uploaded anywhere else?
A lot of sites like Adv are down once in a while for work. GPSXchange.com is fine today.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #43
prwenduro
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 1
Confused

The web page doesn't show gps waypoints just other sites where purchase is required. Have you uploaded a new web page or is this obsolete? Or am I missing something. Your description is not seen.
prwenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #44
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwenduro View Post
The web page doesn't show gps waypoints just other sites where purchase is required. Have you uploaded a new web page or is this obsolete? Or am I missing something. Your description is not seen.
Are you talking about http://www.gpsxchange.com/ ? it is not web page it is a site to download files. Go half way down to Private Libraries and you can find my Death Valley file.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014