ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,327
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfi--PXYPiU
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #212
grizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
I will post this in here, even though I guess I technically only lifted my bike onto, and off the trailer about 5 times today.

Here goes;

Today I finished painting the outside of the house a new colour, and also did the second coat of wood oil on the deck, followed by painting the facias white with enamel paint.

After this I was a bit bored and thought it would look good if I used the white enamel paint brush I had used to paint all the facia boards and plant hangers around the house to paint the bike trailer white as well.

Not a great colour for trials, but good for visibility.

I ordered a towbar for Nicola's Peugeot 1007 this week, to be home fitted next Wednesday. Then I will be able to get to venues over weekends and possibly through the week while I continue to look for a job.

Of course, typically, once at the garage my head started whiring, and I thought why not weld in a small support so that I can load and strap down the bike on my own when going riding or afterwards.

A quick dig behind the shed got me some angle iron, and a different pile of scrap gave me a piece of heavy guage steel that looked like the right size. One angle grinder session later, it was clean and the very old nut and bolt that went through the hole was cut off.

I welded the lot together, found a small offcut of 12mm marine ply, still left over from the Teardrop Trailer build, cut that to fit, drilled it and added a couple of gutter bolts to hold it in place. This will be perfect to put my cup of coffee and sandwich into when parked up between sections, or a helmet etc.

After this I flipped the trailer over, painted the underside, then the topside.

Will add the lightboard suitably reinforced tomorrow.

So still not had time to practice riding the bike, as there was lets say a potentially unsavoury workforce excavating and laying a new driveway and parking for my neighbour this week, and I prefer not to show off, or make too much noise when there are eager ears and eyes out there...... IYKWIM

Getting the bike onto the trailer with a log support and blocks to stop the wheels turning.

Balanced as it should when I want to tie it down with the ratchets.

Preparing one of the support pieces, self portrait again.

Support and plate welded in.

Nicola came down to see if I had managed to cut anything off, or weld myself to the chassis and took a pic of the progress.

Done...... Paint still very wet, and small table in place, note recess if you can where the side stand will tuck into.

Hopefully I will get the bike started over the weekend and practice my fine motor skills.

In the mean time I again feel the need to mention the fact that I have the good fortune to have a wife who actively encourages me to enjoy the bike, and am hugely thankfull, even though I am sure I will "Pay up some time"

I also need to dismantle some pallets and cut a railway sleeper to create and build a few simple obstacles.

Thats all folks.

***** 2006 Sachs MADASS 50cc *****

***** 19?? BSA Bantam D7 FREE Bike Resto *****

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"
grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #213
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post

Surely you jest. Darth Brewtus IS the Master.......
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #214
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,327
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #215
grizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
Made a 5litre mix of fuel and filled the tank.

Was going to ride a bir around the back yard......

However.

Another weekend gone.

After doing a load of domestic stuff this morning, I got to the garage by about 12 o'clock to start creating some obstacles to play and practice the basics on.

A Circular saw, a bag of mixed, used nails and some new nails, along with broken pallets and some bits of timber from when I broke out a dry wall just before Christmas resulted in these by about 5pm.

Bike in the picture just for perspective.

There is a small adjustabe "beam" on the front right, then right rear has a rocking ramp, which also flops over to create two "potholes" to get through and over. The blue ramp on the left reat is adjustable and can be used in various ways to practice less and more ambitious moves on the bike when I feel confident enough. The four upright pins are markers for doing figure 8's and fine motor control. the large sleeper is obviously also moveable and to try ride over at dead slow pace. Lastly a small wedge of railway sleeper for me to start on and to try "bunny hops" over.

***** 2006 Sachs MADASS 50cc *****

***** 19?? BSA Bantam D7 FREE Bike Resto *****

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"
grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #216
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,075
Left the backyard today and competed in a trial put on a by a vintage club. They do modern classes as well, but I suspect that the sections are a little bit more tame than a 'regular' club. I did a beginner trials thing about 10 years ago, then one trial with this club a few years ago. Today was number 3. Don't want to burn out by doing too many in a short time frame. The club does 4 lines that were described as A, AB (advanced B), B and C in the past - now just 1 through 4. I signed up for the 4 line, and think maybe I should have signed up for 3. I ended up winning my class. Good fun.
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #217
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
Left the backyard today and competed in a trial put on a by a vintage club. They do modern classes as well, but I suspect that the sections are a little bit more tame than a 'regular' club. I did a beginner trials thing about 10 years ago, then one trial with this club a few years ago. Today was number 3. Don't want to burn out by doing too many in a short time frame. The club does 4 lines that were described as A, AB (advanced B), B and C in the past - now just 1 through 4. I signed up for the 4 line, and think maybe I should have signed up for 3. I ended up winning my class. Good fun.
if you are averaging between 20 and 35 points you are in the right class

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #218
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly View Post
if you are averaging between 20 and 35 points you are in the right class
Thanks, that's a good reference point. My score yesterday was 8 points, with 23 cleans (30 total sections). A lot of my riding was very far from good, but I managed to fumble through a bunch. I don't want to move up and have it be too hard to even improve the basics, but I don't want to sandbag either. I'll sign up for the 3 line next time and see how it goes.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #219
Monty348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
Thanks, that's a good reference point. My score yesterday was 8 points, with 23 cleans (30 total sections). A lot of my riding was very far from good, but I managed to fumble through a bunch. I don't want to move up and have it be too hard to even improve the basics, but I don't want to sandbag either. I'll sign up for the 3 line next time and see how it goes.
I rode the 3 line in the vintage class yesterday at Candytown. We shared parts of the the same line in many sections. I'd say give the 3 line a try. Candytown tends to be one of the more difficult events for me. 54 points! Ugh!
Monty348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #220
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty348 View Post
I rode the 3 line in the vintage class yesterday at Candytown. We shared parts of the the same line in many sections. I'd say give the 3 line a try. Candytown tends to be one of the more difficult events for me. 54 points! Ugh!
Thanks, I will definitely sign up for the 3 line next time. I think if it had been dry, I'd have had the nerve to 'man up' and sign up for 3.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #221
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308
Good day!

(After 3 day's reading all this addictive stuff)

Managed to stand still for 42 seconds on a crappy honda frame + wheels & engine.
(no tank, seat, excaust whatever )

--> feeling kinkey tonight!!

Things i notice:
-Don't stand still, go through your knees! Go low!
-Adusted the steering. Little more forward than usual!

Next on -> go for the 2 min !
Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #222
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunow - 007 View Post
(After 3 day's reading all this addictive stuff)

Managed to stand still for 42 seconds on a crappy honda frame + wheels & engine.
(no tank, seat, excaust whatever )

--> feeling kinkey tonight!!

Things i notice:
-Don't stand still, go through your knees! Go low!
-Adusted the steering. Little more forward than usual!

Next on -> go for the 2 min !

You're learning......
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #223
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,502
My new temp sending switch came today.

Cute ,eh.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #224
r2wtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
.. i gave mine a make over..

time for a change of colours, so i sat in the sun today and added new graphics and rear mudguard.

... full info http://www.r2wtrials.co.uk/html_file...trialteam.html
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #225
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2wtrials View Post
time for a change of colours, so i sat in the sun today and added new graphics and rear mudguard.

I think I see a place that you missed!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote