Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #25
swamp OP
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,770
Wink A Fist Full of Costa Rica : Days 10 and 11

I have noticed that where there is a large concentration of ex-pats and tourists in one of these kinds of places there is definitely a " I'm more hippie than you " social disease going around.

I received a "you are human waste" look from some yoga-instructor-looking-bitch while on the side of the road changing the batteries in my GPS unit. I guess she saw me kill the earth when i threw my old lithiums into the jungle. maybe one day her children will find them next to a dead palm tree.

Taken from my travel journal " the real ride report "

sunday 3/20/11

Rain this morning. ate some of that sweet bread & cheese for breakfast that i bought from a roaming beach vendor. he roamed near my hammock yesterday. good stuff.

going to go check out some of these little roads that go towards the mountains. they show up on the physical map as faint brown squigglies but not on the GPS map. 7:07

not sure what time it is. Rode up a nice dirt road that took me West out of Manzinillo towards Paraiso. Then headed South to Sixaola and the Panamanian Border. At the border there is a large rail road bridge that many people walk across. parked the motorad, walk to the window. guy puts my passport in a machine. I go to get my bike. woman and soldier with a rifle walk up. She slings a flurry of Spanish at me. She might as well have been speaking Avatar.

she wants to see my papers. i hand over the title and registration.

Rental bikes can not cross the border.

i reply to her "es no bueno. "
she tells me in spanish that i can take a taxi if i want to .
fuck taxis . i point at myself then back to costa rica. understood.

__________ V I D E O ___________

From the Panamanian border I rode through: Paraiso, margarita, olivia, elena, bibri. then back North through Limon.

I headed SW on twisty roads into the mountains. I remember needing to take a piss and turning off onto some random dirt road near Guayacan. I kept going and it turned into an awesome pipeline trail.

Laja, Guayabo Arriba and then into the Santa Cruz Valley.

chillaxing in the middle of the road

overlooking Turrialba Valley

______ V I D E O __________

The ATV track to the top of Turrialba is amazing. it is up in the clouds, wet, muddy and dangerous. One of the most beautiful and rugged places in costa rica. At the top of the track there is a farm track and gate. open the gate and keep going. Eventually it spits out near Guapiles.

copied from my travel journal "the real ride report"
Light Particles in the cloud hanging over a volcano: Its very bright light up here near this volcano. The cloud im in is filled with fuzzy-wuzzy light particles. I can see them all shattered and bounding through space when i close my eyes. Something about the way my eye lids filter everything BUT the particles.. must be radiation .. I laugh in my helmet at my insane thoughts. start to speak. quietly at first. "i can see the particles." then louder "i can see the particles." until I'm shouting so loud that my ears attempt to limit the decibels being produced by my voice "I caaan SEEEEE the Paaaarrrticles !!!"

Back in San Jose i book a room at Hotel Rosa Paseo Colon. get some food at a restaurant called Machu Picchu which had the hottest salsa i have ever consumed. it literally made me see spots and get light-headed. on the walk home i stop to buy a couple 40oz Imperials. take a hot bath then flip on the TV and see something on the news about bombs being dropped on Tripoli.

The world is small and life is short.
thanks for following along .

off the grid and deep in the woods

swamp screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 02:10 PM
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote