Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #31
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,066
Thanks Hani, both of us are looking foward to seeing you all here again. Pam will definitely want that suit you are wearing in the picture.

www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,346
Are the aforementioned leg pockets the ones at the knee? I'm not sure I like a below knee pocket.

Is the internal pocket waterproof (a dry pocket)? I'm not a fan of my iPod getting wet.

Can we get a closer pic of the collar? I'm looking for both comfortable and capable of blocking out wind with use of a scarf or windbreaker (heated gear) and balaclava.

What is the intended temperature range for this suit?

Would you also consider reflective strips (not just piping) on the backs of the ankles? My Fieldsheer Highland II suit has that and I light up in low light and in the dark. Even in a grey suit, that is an incredible way to break up patterns and make yourself seen (or get the idiot behind you to disengage the auto-pilot and keep me safer).

Though I'm not a fan of pink, baby blue, etc myself, I do like a bit of decorative stitching that may suggest this is a female rider. Might that be an option?

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #33
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,736
Any idea of cost and date of availability?

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #34
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Are the aforementioned leg pockets the ones at the knee? I'm not sure I like a below knee pocket.

Is the internal pocket waterproof (a dry pocket)? I'm not a fan of my iPod getting wet.

Can we get a closer pic of the collar? I'm looking for both comfortable and capable of blocking out wind with use of a scarf or windbreaker (heated gear) and balaclava.

Would you also consider reflective strips (not just piping) on the backs of the ankles? My Fieldsheer Highland II suit has that and I light up in low light and in the dark. Even in a grey suit, that is an incredible way to break up patterns and make yourself seen (or get the idiot behind you to disengage the auto-pilot and keep me safer).

Though I'm not a fan of pink, baby blue, etc myself, I do like a bit of decorative stitching that may suggest this is a female rider. Might that be an option?

BTW: I am very fond of a custom suit. I have had gastric bypass and even womens clothes do not fit my (deflated) shape well. I also find, unlike many women, though I am 5'6", I cannot get arms or legs long enough in much womens gear. I don't look like a freak, but most womens gear makes me feel like it.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #35
CA_girl_rider
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Talking

This looks awesome - waiting eagerly for details, including pricing
CA_girl_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
lowbuckrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
OK my daughter wants one. She's requesting Pink or purple. What other woman's gear are you planning & any plus sizing? teizgirl you make that suit look good!
lowbuckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post

Hello

a) the pockets are on the thighs, not below the knee

b) we will confirm on internal pocket being waterproof in the final specs of the suit

c) the collar is super comfortable with a soft lining even in front of the throat. we will have close up pictures when the second prototype is available.

d) Temperature ranges are always a personal thing because the threshold for cold/heat is different for everyone. This is intended to be a 4 season suit. Generally, it should be good enough for serious winter riding (with the Exkin thermal liner) but also work great in the summer due to the multiple vents. The waterproof liner will be removable to allow for better airflow.

e) we will be using reflective strips rather than piping.

f) the final design will be reflected in the next prototype

-----

Update: we are waiting for another prototype to be completed. Once that prototype arrives, we will have a better idea of availability and pricing. We hope to start taking orders in early/mid May.

thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #38
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
We hope to start taking orders in early/mid May.

I'm super excited already!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #39
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Hello

a) the pockets are on the thighs, not below the knee

b) we will confirm on internal pocket being waterproof in the final specs of the suit

c) the collar is super comfortable with a soft lining even in front of the throat. we will have close up pictures when the second prototype is available.

d) Temperature ranges are always a personal thing because the threshold for cold/heat is different for everyone. This is intended to be a 4 season suit. Generally, it should be good enough for serious winter riding (with the Exkin thermal liner) but also work great in the summer due to the multiple vents. The waterproof liner will be removable to allow for better airflow.

e) we will be using reflective strips rather than piping.

f) the final design will be reflected in the next prototype

-----

Update: we are waiting for another prototype to be completed. Once that prototype arrives, we will have a better idea of availability and pricing. We hope to start taking orders in early/mid May.

thanks
Awesome. Thanks.

Pardon me for clarifying here, is the liner thermal or waterproof? Is the suit waterproof without the liner?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #40
teizgirl OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Awesome. Thanks.

Pardon me for clarifying here, is the liner thermal or waterproof? Is the suit waterproof without the liner?
heyyyy! There are two liners on the suit and both are removable. One is a thermal liner and the other one is a waterproof liner.
teizgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #41
teizgirl OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbuckrider View Post
OK my daughter wants one. She's requesting Pink or purple. What other woman's gear are you planning & any plus sizing? teizgirl you make that suit look good!
Heyy thanks for the compliment! Since the suit will be custom made, you guys are free to choose your own colors and ofcourse plus sizing will hence be a non-issue. As for getting into more gear for women...lets all get a conversation going about this and lets see what all you women want out there. I am open to ideas and yes I am looking into introducing a new jacket
teizgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #42
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizgirl View Post
Heyy thanks for the compliment! Since the suit will be custom made, you guys are free to choose your own colors and ofcourse plus sizing will hence be a non-issue. As for getting into more gear for women...lets all get a conversation going about this and lets see what all you women want out there. I am open to ideas and yes I am looking into introducing a new jacket
You have no clue what you are getting yourself into here.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizgirl View Post
...lets all get a conversation going about this and lets see what all you women want out there....
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #44
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,827
Looking forward to placing an order.
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #45
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,380
OK, I'll start...

I want EASY on/off Wet or Dry. Nothing like having to struggle out of wet gear when you are trying to use the bathroom.

I want arms long enough that my wrist feels secure under my glove.

I want a pocket on my lower sleeve so I can pull out money or store my drivers license for easy access. I ride LD and never have enough pockets to put things like baby wipes, extra power bars, ID etc,,, I rarely get off my bike when I ride. My point is that I want to be able to have easy acess to the things I need with out having to get off. Or in case I have a "get off" I have what I might need on me tell help arrives.

I want to be seen from space at night.

I want more but I have to get back to work...

I tell it what it wants to hear, and it does what I want it to do. I made that Motronic my bitch. Poolside

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
KCDakar is offline   Reply With Quote