Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #751
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerowolfe79 View Post
kinda double fail, I'd say.

the main one is of course the squid guy: riding a RR in a suit doesn't make you a racing rider, and doesn't turn the road into a track.

otoh, reading here I don't think the Gap is the best place in the world for unexperienced/unskilled/noob riders as the one on the beemer. not sayin that slow riders shouldn't be allowed through, just suggesting it's not the most "relaxing" environment to grow skills into.
I agree completely. Racer boy was an idiot but I can appreciate the frustration of being behind a very slow rider on such an amazing stretch of road. It kind of defetes the whole purpose of riding the twisties if you're going to treat it like a parking lot.

The way he chose to pass is just amazing though... idiot.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #752
IRideASlowBike
Banned

Oddometer: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Dude!...if I had the money (and time) I'd ride the hell out there just to have a bier with ya and talk smack!I always like your perspective on riding and we could talk for hours I'm sure!

What Domestics ya got? (I'm not a complete snob but DO like quality like those I mentioned earlier)

Had "Bud ice" once and could have filled up quite a few Mack Truck tires afterwards. SPEW!

Dude... You have no idea, America has like THE biggest variety of great beers now. Not talking about Anheuser-Busch, but microbreweries.

To name a companies:

Sierra Nevada
Stone
Anchor Brewing Co.
Magic Hat

And those are just the big ones, there are unlimited numbers of small breweries that you don't even know about.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #753
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Dude... You have no idea, America has like THE biggest variety of great beers now. Not talking about Anheuser-Busch, but microbreweries.

To name a companies:

Sierra Nevada
Stone
Anchor Brewing Co.
Magic Hat

And those are just the big ones, there are unlimited numbers of small breweries that you don't even know about.
Do they deserve to be spelled Bier?

What's funny from a different perspective, is that the German Biers I like; well, if they were to be served in Germany to a German, I'm sure they'd think it the equiv. to our Budweiser here.
B.T.W. My favorite that I can buy at a local Dist. is St.Pauli Girl Dark. (that's still cheap enough for me to afford)
And, if all else fails, give me some Bacardi Dark Rum Select.

Gotta go now = getting thirsty!
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #754
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,689
Quote:
What Domestics ya got? (I'm not a complete snob but DO like quality like those I mentioned earlier)
Portland has more micro-brews than any other place on the planet!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #755
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
Is sunblock ATGATT?
That's Avatar material right there....
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #756
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,263
home brew better than the micros, they're all the same.

and they all have that yeasty unfinished taste and they all suck,,so what?More in PDX area prolly,, butt lame the same ass,,near to me, my heart can see.
Just like Blewjean or anyplace. Lots of microbrewrys(sp,like I fucking care) does not equate to good beer.
to me,,same same,,all same. Got anything I'd like?,,,,,naw,, I didn't think so.
Find a beer that you like,
one that does not make you sick or hungover the next day,
or cause terrible headaches,
,or cause you to spend the early half of the next day scrubbing your stinky hole raw from multiple visits to the round white ring seat and abrasion from the miles of white butt tape.

Find one that hits all yer cry-teary-uh, and stick with that beer.
or do like i do,,find one so rank and skanky, all high test, but cheap,,and nobody wants one,,,,buy that!,,
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #757
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Peter.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #758
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Portland has more micro-brews than any other place on the planet!!!
Wow!,,that was close!
I had nearly completed a hate filled diatribe aimed at PDX and cities in general,,(I hatem) and it was a ripper too!
then,, something said,,STFU peterhead, and mellow out! I remembered the last time I rode to PDX,,and it was to meet-up with (my beloved but rarely seen brother) Raindog for some motovidtlknowgig.
A while back. _____________________________.

Portland stinks. I kinda need a bath too. And some of you wear way too much perfumey shit! scrub yer ass and swab yer pits regular, and you don't need no foo-foo juice.
All the girlperfumes, after-shave, and ,spritzes, & colognes won't defend you against a chili-dog fart in a sleeping bag! you make your own destiny!
But my next mission will be to ride the *[already drunken]*bicycle to the store for more beer, and not get killed in the venture.

MMMV,, ,,and prolly does,,

*edit
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #759
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Laugh

I like hydrating beer.

ps:
More "Peterman" available in the PNW regional thread. Great insights on various and sundry matters.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #760
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
ps:
More "Peterman" available in the PNW regional thread. Great insights on various and sundry matters.

I bought the first book of Peterman. GREAT STUFF!!! "Rants and ramblings from a self-proclaimed madman motorsickle man!"

Dogs don't have lips for whistling - Peter Vanish

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.ph...bmitSearch.y=8

DAKEZ screwed with this post 04-22-2011 at 10:08 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #761
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
R.o.f.l.m.f.a.o.!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
and they all have that yeasty unfinished taste and they all suck,,so what?More in PDX area prolly,, butt lame the same ass,,near to me, my heart can see.
Just like Blewjean or anyplace. Lots of microbrewrys(sp,like I fucking care) does not equate to good beer.
to me,,same same,,all same. Got anything I'd like?,,,,,naw,, I didn't think so.
Find a beer that you like,
one that does not make you sick or hungover the next day,
or cause terrible headaches,
,or cause you to spend the early half of the next day scrubbing your stinky hole raw from multiple visits to the round white ring seat and abrasion from the miles of white butt tape.

That's almost Sig material there!

Find one that hits all yer cry-teary-uh, and stick with that beer.
or do like i do,,find one so rank and skanky, all high test, but cheap,,and nobody wants one,,,,buy that!,,

Best validation I ever heard for drinking skanky beer.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #762
FZ1 Matt
Better last than crashed

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
If someone wants to go faster than you and you notice them, move to the right part of the lane and wave them by. That sport bike guy could have been following these guys for the entire video for all we know. The longer he waited, the more sketchy pass he was willing to make.

I would have done the same thing except for the skidding into the ditch thing.

Slow traffic move right!
FZ1 Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #763
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 Matt View Post
If someone wants to go faster than you and you notice them, move to the right part of the lane and wave them by. thing.

Slow traffic move right!
+1 to that!
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #764
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,826
Quote:

I'll give a nod to Sam Adams and Yumling Black and Tan as far as Domestics are concerned but, that's about it.
Never was a fan of Sam Adams, Black and tan is OK in a pinch. I've been on the Dogfish Head kick for awhile now. If you like Hopped up Beer you should try there 60 minute IPA. Good stuff! And their Punkin Ale is awesome...

Quote:

What's funny from a different perspective, is that the German Biers I like; well, if they were to be served in Germany to a German, I'm sure they'd think it the equiv. to our Budweiser here.
Used to host the West German military from the Embassy in DC. They would bring the real deal with them and give us the left overs. REAL Lowenbrau and Dortmunder(SP).
Nothing like the yellow water they sell us here. I would think with all the micro breweries making 6°-7°-9° beers now they would let them import the real stuff over here.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #765
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerowolfe79 View Post

the main one is of course the squid guy: riding a RR in a suit doesn't make you a racing rider, and doesn't turn the road into a track.

otoh, reading here I don't think the Gap is the best place in the world for unexperienced/unskilled/noob riders as the one on the beemer. not sayin that slow riders shouldn't be allowed through, just suggesting it's not the most "relaxing" environment to grow skills into.
Looks like the NOOB had his act together and going close to, if not, the speed limit of 30mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
Racer boy was an idiot but I can appreciate the frustration of being behind a very slow rider on such an amazing stretch of road. It kind of defetes the whole purpose of riding the twisties if you're going to treat it like a parking lot.
Looks like the guy was going to speed limit. It's not a race track! It;s a public road with a slow speed limit. Not everyones willing to risk getting a ticket just to appease the squids behind them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 Matt View Post
If someone wants to go faster than you and you notice them, move to the right part of the lane and wave them by. That sport bike guy could have been following these guys for the entire video for all we know.

Slow traffic move right!
If you want to go fast on roads like that get out there early. No lines of traffic and probably no cops running radar.
Slow traffic moves right applies to two or more lanes in the same direction. Letting some dumbass squid by you have never met could be a very bad thing. You could be held liable if he ran into an oncoming vehicle or had an accident in general.

I hate being stuck behind slow moving vehicles just like everyone else but that's the breaks sometimes. Don't act like everyone should be ready to get out of YOUR way so as not to slow YOU down.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote