Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #466
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
congrat's!
Thanks!

It's an 18 foot Fleetwood Pioneer. (2004). Pretty much immaculate.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #467
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,616
I have been looking at 15ish year old 5th wheels in the 20-25 foot range. Light enough to pull with a 1/2 ton pick up, plus most already have a hitch on back.

My plan is to get a 3-rail trailer and use that combo for getting dirtbikes to the trailhead and then camping in relative comfort. I had a tent trailer and hauled the dirtbikes in the pickup up until last year. As I age, I am finding that my ability to push dirtbikes up into the pickup is getting a bit harder. Plus, last year my step up into the pickup tipped over as I stepped on it. Nothing bad happened, but it could have been horribly bad and I really want to get away from having to do that.

From what I have been finding on CL, I should be able to find a 5th wheel in the $5,000ish range and a small trailer in the $500ish range.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #468
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
I have been looking at 15ish year old 5th wheels in the 20-25 foot range. Light enough to pull with a 1/2 ton pick up, plus most already have a hitch on back.

My plan is to get a 3-rail trailer and use that combo for getting dirtbikes to the trailhead and then camping in relative comfort. I had a tent trailer and hauled the dirtbikes in the pickup up until last year. As I age, I am finding that my ability to push dirtbikes up into the pickup is getting a bit harder. Plus, last year my step up into the pickup tipped over as I stepped on it. Nothing bad happened, but it could have been horribly bad and I really want to get away from having to do that.

From what I have been finding on CL, I should be able to find a 5th wheel in the $5,000ish range and a small trailer in the $500ish range.
Not to try and dissuade you but if that's your only concern, I'd looking into getting a double width ramp that you could walk up with the bike and as for pushing, I've powered mine up a ramp many times with no problems.

Just a thought....5th wheeler does sound better though
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #469
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Not to try and dissuade you but if that's your only concern, I'd looking into getting a double width ramp that you could walk up with the bike and as for pushing, I've powered mine up a ramp many times with no problems.

Just a thought....5th wheeler does sound better though

Already sold the tent camper for more than I paid for it. As with many older toys, the only depreciate so far, then the price holds or even goes up a little. The 5th wheels that I have looked at have typically been the 1st that a couple bought and they want a bigger one. I have looked at 3 and they have all been in fantastic shape.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #470
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
my mid '70's canned ham has appreciated a bit, but when you drop 3 1/2 benjamins on what do you expect

looking at a tiny yota right now, mid '80's 18'
http://centralmich.craigslist.org/rvs/2288432654.html
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #471
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
between the http://www.microlitetrailer.com/MLThome2a.htm and
http://www.utilitoy.com/
both of them are in the $6000-$7000 range.....which one do u guys think is better.....
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #472
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,535
Wish I still had my Scotty

My next trailer will probably be one of these

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #473
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 810
Wink My Toy Hauler!

Who out there in Cyber Space has a toy hauler and what have you done to it to make it yours.

I reciently bought a homemade 16' toy hauler and took it to the Odessa desert 100 for its maiden voyage.

So far all I did to it was fix the fridge and water heater.

I did add a toilet paper holder and towel rack to the bathroom. Finally found a a/c cover for the roof for $20 at the local rv shop. It was covered in mold so blasted it with my pressure washer now its almost as good as new.

But the bigger stuff was led work lights bolted on the subwoofer box that swivel so they are work lights for when your inside or there loading lights for outside. When there on at night it looks like the mothership has landed.

The roof was leaking badly so I went and had it Line-X'd because it has a lifetime warrenty and it adds a little grip to the roof when your up there.

Then I bolted my little kennedy machinest box to the floor on the back right side of the trailer. Works great!

Future mods...when I get a job:
Line-x the whole outside (leaning towards tan since I have a desert obsession)
Line-x the floor and lower walls
Axel flip to lift it.
Turn the inside to a tiki bar!
Bigger propane heater cuz its cooooold when its 28 degrees outside.
Another propane bottle
Generator
Ladder on the right side near the back
lcd tv with dvd player thats wired into the current system with the subs

1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #474
divotdm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
Who out there in Cyber Space has a toy hauler and what have you done to it to make it yours.

I reciently bought a homemade 16' toy hauler and took it to the Odessa desert 100 for its maiden voyage.

So far all I did to it was fix the fridge and water heater.

I did add a toilet paper holder and towel rack to the bathroom. Finally found a a/c cover for the roof for $20 at the local rv shop. It was covered in mold so blasted it with my pressure washer now its almost as good as new.

But the bigger stuff was led work lights bolted on the subwoofer box that swivel so they are work lights for when your inside or there loading lights for outside. When there on at night it looks like the mothership has landed.

The roof was leaking badly so I went and had it Line-X'd because it has a lifetime warrenty and it adds a little grip to the roof when your up there.

Then I bolted my little kennedy machinest box to the floor on the back right side of the trailer. Works great!

Future mods...when I get a job:
Line-x the whole outside (leaning towards tan since I have a desert obsession)
Line-x the floor and lower walls
Axel flip to lift it.
Turn the inside to a tiki bar!
Bigger propane heater cuz its cooooold when its 28 degrees outside.
Another propane bottle
Generator
Ladder on the right side near the back
lcd tv with dvd player thats wired into the current system with the subs

Nice, Is that a camper that was gutted and a ramp added? or built from the frame up?
divotdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #475
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by divotdm View Post
Nice, Is that a camper that was gutted and a ramp added? or built from the frame up?
Honestly I dont really know. The guy who had it before me was slightly retarded so I doubt he knows either. He said he only had it for 2 years.

Im assuming that it was a regular rv before because of the siding.

But the title says that its a Utility trailer.

The frame is very heavy duty and it has car ramps that slide in on the backside under the trailer. Its only a single axle but the leaf springs are thicker than the ones on my f150 and the axle is rated to 5000lbs.

The back door seems to be added since it flips up instead of down. At first I hated it but now I love it since its like a mini awning and when its raining outside ,which it always does, then it keeps everything inside dry even when the doors open.
1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #476
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 866
These VRV trailers are looking more and more excellent. I wish I could afford one.

1) They are all aluminum. Cabinets and everything.

2) This model, 7 x 16 weighs 2500#, I could easily tow it with my Jeep GC. It might force me to say bye bye to the VW Westfalia...

pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #477
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,388
In love....
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #478
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittrrider View Post
You can order them straight from the factory and save a ton of money.
What an irritating web site: 1. Click on model to obtain floor plan & pricing. 2. Click here for pricing. 3. Click on model to obtain floor plan & pricing...etc.

What fun. What a great marketing idea.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #479
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
What an irritating web site: 1. Click on model to obtain floor plan & pricing. 2. Click here for pricing. 3. Click on model to obtain floor plan & pricing...etc.

What fun. What a great marketing idea.

I just called, they shut it down because they are changing the options and pricing.....coulda said that on the website? I did exactly what you did.
It is $8500 for a 5x10 without the airconditioning, seems very steep?The guy I talked to was very nice and knoledgable, I emailed them on the price...
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #480
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 866
Closer...?

My wife and I are getting closer to talking ourselves into one of these VRV trailers. They aren't cheap, but they are really light and in comparison to other Toy Haulers (the RV kind, not the start from a trailer kind) the build quality looks awesome. For the 6x14 trailer with all of the camping stuff and dual pop out queen beds they weigh 2300# which means it can be towed by my Jeep Grand Cherokee with ease and I still might get ok MPG.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: