Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #76
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,320
Yea but you don't ride umm.. race..her.ummm...never mind...
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #77
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Day one at Evansville raceway was fun and great weather but we had some mechanlcal issues throughout the day....thats racing.

My 80 RM 125 has something funny going on with it? Thought it was the carb so I did the PineSol soak and installed a new float vave and seat but it is cutting out and popping so I parked it for the weekend and both my son and I rode the 89 CR 125( in different moto's) and the bike did great!

My KTM 150 got a flat tire in practice so I scrambled to put a new tube in it and of course forgot to tap the back brake pedal to bring the pads back into the disk... I was second into the first corner and when i tried to brake.....there was nothing....well there was a pond on the right of me and the left first turn and I somehow managed to hold on and make it through the coner which gave me great position which I was able to hold although I was passed once on the last lap but I got him back before the finsh line and finished 2nd.

I got a 3-3 on the 89 cr 125 which i was thrilled with and was happy with the bike.

2nd moto on the 150 and I didn't get the start i wanted but got in a fast group and was 4-5th when i was coming down one of the big hills and my bike locked up....SUCKED! I had to take the chain off so the "tow" quad could pull me up the hill and back to my truck with my head down and not happy.

Both of my bikes out of service and another day to race tomorrow...

My son and I on the line(110) before his moto

pvangel screwed with this post 05-01-2011 at 07:05 PM
Old 05-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #78
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Day 2 was a 45 Minute GP race ,1 moto all bikes together. The whole mx track was used and a field loop for a total of 3 miles per lap. I borrowed My friends 06 Honda CR 125 as he brought his KTM 300 for the gp ride( he made it less than a lap before getting a flat and DNF) my son rode the 89 cr 125.

There was a regular gate drop mx start but i let the pack take off so as not to get dowsed by the puddles on the first part of the track, I didn't have tearoffs so tried to preserve my goggles. One of the kids that came with us stalled his 450 so I stopped to help him get going and then took off as fast as I could. I rode the rest of the 45 minutes full bore and did not stop for a drink or gas( alot of people did) I passed alot of people when they stopped and on the MX track and I ended up third overall!

I had a great time and we were done racing at 10:30 Packed and left by 11:30 and home by 2:30

Great weekend of racing! all my bikes are broken but everyone got home healthy and happy.... I need to wash the bikes and start rebuilding...bikes and body...my knees are killing me.

pvangel screwed with this post 05-01-2011 at 07:05 PM
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #79
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,034
Which bike did you blow up the kTM or one of the vintage ones??
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #80
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The 1980 RM 125 has ignition problems i think but have to figure it out, the KTM 150's transmission locked up? but not sure what it is yet....
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #81
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The track at Evansville is littered with rocks, took one in the bicep....damm 450's

Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #82
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,214
Thats a good weekend, PV
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #83
pvangel OP
Team AARP

A nice Pa. morning....

A motely crew at best..... ready to race!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #84
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Which kid(s) are yours?
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #85
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The punk in the red hat leaning up against the Honda is mine, big kid to my left is a friend who came up to race for the first time. He did great!
Guy to my right is a neighbor of yours....might have a seceret test facility at his house....but i ain't saying nothing....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #86
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I've been trained in interrogation techniques

let me know if you do a semi local race maybe I can help crew for you
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #87
pvangel OP
Team AARP

interogate away...I ain't talking

You should come to the races and bring the kids, I love the racing,I love the competion, but what I love the most is spending time with my son and the expierence of the weekend, crappy hotels, 3 hr drives with him sleeping and drooling, I quiz him on every river we cross, 3 -15 yr old kids together is like a board meeting of the dumb society.....pricless, I figure I have 2 years left of him wanting to spend time with me so I relish anytime I can get.

pvangel screwed with this post 05-02-2011 at 03:49 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #88
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

------------------->
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post

let me know if you do a semi local race maybe I can help crew for you
Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #89
pvangel OP
Team AARP

89 CR 125 in action, I am not really that fat... there is a lot of protection under that jersey

Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #90
pvangel OP
Team AARP