richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
Pull the covers off and take another photo
+1,

A Spring picture is now in order.
IF Eric Clapton was God, Joe Bonamassa would be his Son.
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #3468
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by propforward View Post
Your racedeck floor is excellent - actually your whole shop is excellent, but I am specifically interested in the floor. It looks good and is easy to install - could you advise on the expense of this system? just a $ per square foot number if you wouldn't mind divulging that?
I paid $3.49 per square and about $100 to get 8 x 40lbs boxes shipped SLC to ATL. You might get better pricing shopping around. I picked mine up from http://www.RaceDeck.com/

They sent me a few squares and some color samples prior to placing order. Prompt service/shipping and helpful folks on the phone.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #3469
propforward
Nice Chap

Oddometer: 11,707
Thanks - I contacted racedeck and they are certainly helpful. For the quitre simple black and white checker I was considering they are asking 2.49 (or was it 2.69? - forget now - that ballpark anyway) a square foot plus shipping.

Still trying to decide what to do - might just go the epoxy paint route and save some $$s - it will kind of depend how enthusiastic I get when I see the shop all sanded and painted and looking sweet.
propforward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #3470
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by propforward View Post
Thanks - I contacted racedeck and they are certainly helpful. For the quitre simple black and white checker I was considering they are asking 2.49 (or was it 2.69? - forget now - that ballpark anyway) a square foot plus shipping.

Still trying to decide what to do - might just go the epoxy paint route and save some $$s - it will kind of depend how enthusiastic I get when I see the shop all sanded and painted and looking sweet.

After much consideration, I said "the heck with it" and left my floor natural concrete. I don't have to worry about welding slag burning a hole in the race deck or anything else.

One day, maybe my wife will win the lottery and I'll put the race deck down over all of the oil stains.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #3471
LostRider
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post

After much consideration, I said "the heck with it" and left my floor natural concrete. I don't have to worry about welding slag burning a hole in the race deck or anything else.

One day, maybe my wife will win the lottery and I'll put the race deck down over all of the oil stains.

I'm with ya on that, oil stains don't look all that bad on concrete anyway. I'd love to have a show room just not in my garage where I work on stuff.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #3472
cobrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
All right, as requested, spring picture with everything now on the road:

Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #3473
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post

I prefer a painted floor, just because it is easier to clean up spills. I painted my shop floor with that Home Depot stuff in 2003, and it looks like crap now, but it sure is easy to clean up, compared to the concrete garage floor in my house attached garage. I want to clean it with acid and paint is. It is just so much easier to sweep, or clean up oil.

I guess I should get my wife a new car that don't drip oil huh.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #3474
Boston813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrat View Post
All right, as requested, spring picture with everything now on the road:

OK. I won't lie. I'm confused by your choice of toys. The Miata I undersand. I'm guessing a full on racers from the roll bar, race seat and gauges. The Boxter I'm a fan of even if its duplicates the function of a Miata. I'm having a harder time with the Mustang since the last one I drove in '06 was a far cry from either the Miata or the Boxter but maybe it has some silly wide 1/4 mile rubber on the back. I do see the picture on the wall so maybe its just a sentimental thing. Is there something that we are missing missing from the collection? Maybe something that isn't quite so scary in those nice "mild" Ohio winters?

Fair warning that the girl came home with a bottle of tequila in place of dinner for cinco de mayo and I have been working on it for a while now so I'm really not trying to offend.
Boston813 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #3475
chrisf14
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Missing Bikes

Here is the garage. Moto's where at other place.
Attached Images

Africa-South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland.
chrisf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #3476
chrisf14
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Now The Second Floor.

Second floor of man cave. You tell the wife your going to the garage to work. But knowing the 80" TV is upstairs always sucks me in. This picture was before gym was done. Plus I don't like getting my blue floor in garage dirty.
Attached Images

Africa-South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland.
chrisf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 AM   #3477
cobrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Chris, beautiful joint -- two stories of indoor coolness. Love it.

Boston, so you know, the Boxter is the wife's. Although a superb car, not my choice. I like the toy cars to be a bit more hardcore so the Miata is a dedicated autocross car. The Mustang (and yes, there are more elsewhere), somewhat modified, is a seriously fun and quite fast road car.

Hope you had good luck last night. I like the combination of woman and tequilla! Do provide details....
Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #3478
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,396
Painted white, cabinets added and some different bikes from last shots.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #3479
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Question guys - moved into a new house with a nice long garage.

It's about 25x25, 10' ceilings. Walls are insulated and drywalled, attic upstairs. I've already built one set of shelves to get myself going on storage, work bench is coming, then I'll start other shelves as needed. There's an attic up top that I can use for storage as well. It's high trussed or whatever you call it so you can walk around in it easily.

My question is on heat - I'm on LP with a line running to the house for stove, water, heat, etc. I'm wondering if it makes sense to just run a separate line from the LP tank to the garage for a LP heater, or to run electric heat?

Any LP heater recommendations?

Here's a pic of the shelves and family:
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #3480
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
Question guys - moved into a new house with a nice long garage.

It's about 25x25, 10' ceilings. Walls are insulated and drywalled, attic upstairs. I've already built one set of shelves to get myself going on storage, work bench is coming, then I'll start other shelves as needed. There's an attic up top that I can use for storage as well. It's high trussed or whatever you call it so you can walk around in it easily.

My question is on heat - I'm on LP with a line running to the house for stove, water, heat, etc. I'm wondering if it makes sense to just run a separate line from the LP tank to the garage for a LP heater, or to run electric heat?

Any LP heater recommendations?

Here's a pic of the shelves and family:

Round here electric heat would bankrupt you
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote