ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
MosbyCreekStrom OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Ride near Cottage Grove Lake, Oregon

The weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday afternoon as I took the Wee Strom on a short ride out past Cottage Grove Lake and followed London Road to its end (dead-ends onto Weyhauser property). If you've ever had the opportunity to leisurely ride the 15-16 miles from Cottage Grove past the lake - green pastures, sheep, cattle, picturesque farms, streams and just fantastic riding. Very little traffic, although there were two other adv riders enjoying the 60-70 degree weather. London Road ends with a one lane bridge over a flowing stream - great place to reflect and unwind.
MosbyCreekStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosbyCreekStrom View Post
The weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday afternoon as I took the Wee Strom on a short ride out past Cottage Grove Lake and followed London Road to its end (dead-ends onto Weyhauser property). If you've ever had the opportunity to leisurely ride the 15-16 miles from Cottage Grove past the lake - green pastures, sheep, cattle, picturesque farms, streams and just fantastic riding. Very little traffic, although there were two other adv riders enjoying the 60-70 degree weather. London Road ends with a one lane bridge over a flowing stream - great place to reflect and unwind.

Ah grasshoppa' If you'd have tuned on to Shoestring Rd you could have rode down into north Douglas Co., If you'd have turned left at the end of London Rd, you'd have been on Big River Rd. Depending on the snow level you could have ended up on the Umpqua river, Bohemia mines or Sharps creek. Though honestly I don't think you can do any of that just yet, snow level needs to be over 5000 feet. here's what it looked like 4 years ago about this time

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
gs'n
odd knob

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
....Sharps creek....

that there is some swimmin' hole territory

gritz n' gravy
1969 Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas (lp)
gs'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
ks02
Always smooth

Oddometer: 241
london rd.

left at the end of Londen rd is NOT Big River. Left at the end is privet property, yes Big river turns off London. Ifn's the Wyco gate at the end is open and ya got the balls to go through it there are no less than 4 ways to end up in Doug county, 2 out Nonperel, 1 to Scotts Valley, and I can't remember where the 3000 line dumps out, but somewhere over there..............used to haul many a log out of that country............
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
oremike
Motorcyclest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks02 View Post
left at the end of Londen rd is NOT Big River. Left at the end is privet property, yes Big river turns off London. Ifn's the Wyco gate at the end is open and ya got the balls to go through it there are no less than 4 ways to end up in Doug county, 2 out Nonperel, 1 to Scotts Valley, and I can't remember where the 3000 line dumps out, but somewhere over there..............used to haul many a log out of that country............
Ok so the left isn't at the true end of London Rd. just near it. My point being there is a bunch of great riding out that way including dropping down Rock Creek or Canton Creek Rds to the Umpqua and looping back to Bohimia/Sharps Cr.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosbyCreekStrom View Post
That ride is a favorite for my wife and I when I get her on her bike for all the reasons you pointed out. Now if we could actually string more that 2 days in a row with good weather, I could get her out of the garden planting the "crop" for this year, and onto the bike!!

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
ks02
Always smooth

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
Ok so the left isn't at the true end of London Rd. just near it. My point being there is a bunch of great riding out that way including dropping down Rock Creek or Canton Creek Rds to the Umpqua and looping back to Bohimia/Sharps Cr.

Ah, just bustin' your balls a bit Mike no biggy, there is some bitchin' riding out there for sure. I would love to ride Wyco's property but they are midevil about bikes and trespassing............didn't used to be that way. Spent 10 years or so driving log truck and logging in general and now some great spots.........just happens to be Wyco damnit!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
oremike
Motorcyclest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks02 View Post
Ah, just bustin' your balls a bit Mike no biggy, there is some bitchin' riding out there for sure. I would love to ride Wyco's property but they are midevil about bikes and trespassing............didn't used to be that way. Spent 10 years or so driving log truck and logging in general and now some great spots.........just happens to be Wyco damnit!
It's ok, I've been back up in there to, used to be an old skid cabin back in there a ways. I thought that was neat because the wood stove was still in it.