Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
jitup OP
the scoot zoot

Oddometer: 7
any scooter adventurers around Portland, OR?

Hey! I am new to the area and got a scooter for when I have to go out to Hillsboro or areas when I am a bit too lazy to ride my bike to and from after a long day of working. I have really started to miss the adventures I had on my old '75 Suzuki enduro, so I was curious if there are any people crazy as myself in the area. It is the only bike I got at the moment and by god I plan to ride it. I plan on riding from Portland to the coast for some beach camping. I am also interested in any other sort of outings. Any locals know where to get a good ole thumper at a decent price? It is only a 50cc because the state would not recognize my endorsement from my home state, and I have to go through all the hoops and take the classes again because I am under 21. I sort of like the scooter tho, but not sure how it will do off road. Maybe after I do a little work on the variator I will find out. Multiple day trips would be great, along with back country as long as my scoot can handle the terrain. thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you folks for some great adventures!
jitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitup View Post
Hey! I am new to the area and got a scooter for when I have to go out to Hillsboro or areas when I am a bit too lazy to ride my bike to and from after a long day of working. I have really started to miss the adventures I had on my old '75 Suzuki enduro, so I was curious if there are any people crazy as myself in the area. It is the only bike I got at the moment and by god I plan to ride it. I plan on riding from Portland to the coast for some beach camping. I am also interested in any other sort of outings. Any locals know where to get a good ole thumper at a decent price? It is only a 50cc because the state would not recognize my endorsement from my home state, and I have to go through all the hoops and take the classes again because I am under 21. I sort of like the scooter tho, but not sure how it will do off road. Maybe after I do a little work on the variator I will find out. Multiple day trips would be great, along with back country as long as my scoot can handle the terrain. thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you folks for some great adventures!
There's an active bunch of scooter people in your area; visit http://modernvespa.com/forum/and check the MP3 forum, look for BravoTwoFour. He's one of the regulars who rides with the local group and can hook you up with them. They're an eclectic bunch and ride all sorts of scoots including 50cc rigs so you'll have company.

LL75

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote