ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - West & PNW
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Scott, This sounds like something only a rocket scientist could do. Can you create a file with just the basic (low resolution) GWT.org path and the Benchmark map path?
Like I said, I have is Big Dog's very crude Saved tracks, and someone elses hand drawn tracks.
I don't have any Benchmark maps, so unless you can provide a link to a scanned one online, I can't do anything with that. I need a scanned JPEG or GIF. And it has to be to perfect scale so everything lines up correctly when overlaid in GE.

What I will do today is post a Google Earth file that will have overlays of each state map from GWT.org, plus the tracks you posted, plus the tracks wbb posted.

I'd rather teach a man to fish than give him a fish, so it will be up to you to to draw the tracks (paths) in GE yourself. It's no more difficult than in Mapsource, except GE doesn't have a join tracks or break track tool. Once you have a series of GE paths drawn, even a caveman can save them and convert them into a GDB or GPX file using THIS tool.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote