Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #4336
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
I guess what I'm saying is I want the next GTA already.
Me Too!!

You did play Lost & Damned and Gay Tony, right? Lots of fun missions but same city as GTA IV.

I think the car handling is just the fact that they are 1930s- 1940s American land barges.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #4337
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,108
I just picked up L.A. Noire...just got into plain cloths...but so far it is quite fun. The graphics are great. Cars are hard to drive, but the experence in the game is just fantastic.

Ever steal the xbox from a 14yr old for an entire night....it was not a good night at my house last night.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #4338
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,711
I suck at interrogations.

If anyone has any tips on that or how to connect evidence to the lie, please share it with me.

What really sucks is, A couple times I knew they were lying, knew what evidence to use to bust the lie and then hit the X button (truth) anyway out of just impulse!
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #4339
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post

If anyone has any tips on that or how to connect evidence to the lie, please share it with me.

What really sucks is, A couple times I knew they were lying, knew what evidence to use to bust the lie and then hit the X button (truth) anyway out of just impulse!
I just got to the house with the busted hot water heater, so I am not very far at all....but ya I know what you are talking about. I Doubt people thinking it would be better than calling them on a lie, and it does not go the way I think it should.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #4340
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
I'm kinda winging the interrogations. I read a book on body language (link below) a couple of years ago and it seems to be working out well for me so far. Tells are looking up and to the right, fidgeting, unable to look you in the eyes, facial tics, scratching, touching the face/nose/mouth, delayed response, etc.

I've managed to close the cases only missing one or two of the questions. My worst one was interrogating a bartender and I was 0 for 2. Bastard!

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Boo.../dp/0553804723

ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #4341
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post

I think you can go back and do those cases over if you want to get a higher score without having to do everything. I'm not 100% sure though. If you go to the screen where you RESUME, you can brin up CASES and play them over. I would think that it would then update your score. Maybe.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #4342
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,260
Still playing Fallout 3 GOTY. Unbelievable.

Must have racked up weeks on this thing. And to think I thought it was crap when I first loaded it up
Old 05-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #4343
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
I was ready to buy L.A. Noir thinking it was gta set in the 40s, but reading reviews it sounds like you have to stick to the story line. Not alot of free roaming. i wanted to be a bad cop , beat confession out of people etc. Ill probably rent it first.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #4344
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Screw graphics..

Make some good games!!!

When I was cleaning out some stuff at my sisters this weekend, I found my original Atari 2600 with about 50 cartridges, paddles, joysticks, the works.

I know the memories are a lot better than how the game play will go, but I have to find some way to hook it up to a modern TV. Can't find the RF adapter for it. I know there are plans online....I'll have to get something together and see if it still works.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #4345
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
When I was cleaning out some stuff at my sisters this weekend, I found my original Atari 2600 with about 50 cartridges, paddles, joysticks, the works.

I know the memories are a lot better than how the game play will go, but I have to find some way to hook it up to a modern TV. Can't find the RF adapter for it. I know there are plans online....I'll have to get something together and see if it still works.
Just go to your local rat shack, they still have them on the shelf.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #4346
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
Just go to your local rat shack, they still have them on the shelf.
http://www.atariage.com/howto/connect.html
Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #4347
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:

Are you sure the joystick will still fit in your hand? I was going through stuff in the storage and came along an old, much-loved, joystick (with quick fire switch!)... I was amazed at how smaller it felt in my now older hands...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #4348
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,305
Quote:

How's the online play?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #4349
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Heck you can mostlikely go to your local good will and get a TV that it will hook to for $5.

I just took an old tv that was laying aroung down there....I just hate to toss good things away.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #4350
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
I was ready to buy L.A. Noir thinking it was gta set in the 40s, but reading reviews it sounds like you have to stick to the story line. Not alot of free roaming. i wanted to be a bad cop , beat confession out of people etc. Ill probably rent it first.
I don't think it will let you do that...but there is plenty of roaming around that you can do...and there is this thing called street crime (I think) that has little missions scattered around.

I really enjoy this game quite a bit...not sure if I like it better than red dead or not.

I have never done any of the GTA games....are they like this?

The graphics in LA are amazing...the wife was just looking at it last night like she was watching a movie...she hates video games, and was sitting there telling me she is a lier....you know she is not telling the truth....now that is a mark of a good game...get non gamers intrested.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: