Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoneer View Post
Ever since I saw Tommy Avhala kicking ass on one at the Watkins Glen World Round back in '94(?) I've lusted for a Climber.

I've seen this Rochester based bike in person and can tell you that it is in very, very good shape. I seriously considered purchasing it and the wheeler dealer in me made an offer which wasn't accepted (probably rightfully so).

Like you I'm concerned about parts availability over time as there are some parts that the Climbers use on a regular basis (fork seals for instance) that won't be getting any easier to source.

But Man they are cool bikes.......
Did Mike happen to mention what the selling price will be for these bikes?

I wonder about LowPSI's question as well, wonder why they didnt to DID?

I love the idea of FI as well, tired of guessing at altitude settings, however no altitude settings needed in KANSAS (LOL), but it has slowed my attempts to other venues, like RMTA, & NMTA.

Last questions, since your OP, you said you dont ride trials, so my question is how are you breaking frames on the (rhymes with ass ass) bikes? I weighed close to 280 lbs and ride as much as 5 times a week, and compete year round! (my weight was a year ago) I've never so much as bent the kickstand... on 5 gasgas pro's... I admit, I am not doing 6ft dropps either but with all that riding, and I ride hard too, at my level and so on.

Anyway, you doing tripple jumps and backflips on these things?

thanks, I like the write up as well.

PS, I still would love to ride one, and do a write up myself, being a decent upper intermediate (below expert or sportsman) rider...

Sting32 screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 11:22 AM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote