ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #8206
jdpower
Studly Adventurer
 
jdpower's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
What is it with you're obsessive need to hang out on this thread just to bag people and the S10.
You dont like it - W E..... G E T..... T H A T !!!

I knew a fellow by the name of West when I was in my thirties, you could be related.............................He was an annoying over opinionated turd as well.

Get out and ride your 990 or your Porsche or plane or whatever and stop annoying people with bullshit...

P.S - You missed itemizing the Rolex watch and Calvin Klein jocks in your brag list..

Greg.
I don't care who you are, that there is funny. Was I supposed to be impressed with that list of toys or what OK, I can match his--

2011 generic fingernail clippers (2)
2010 nose hair clippers
1889 rubber band set (no stretch at all left)
1990 jock strap and cup (molded some I think)
1995 hoover vacuum cleaner--broken
OK, that is enough--I apologize for being too prideful of my possessions

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #8207
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com
 
~TABASCO~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower View Post
I don't care who you are, that there is funny. Was I supposed to be impressed with that list of toys or what OK, I can match his--

2011 generic fingernail clippers (2)
2010 nose hair clippers
1889 rubber band set (no stretch at all left)
1990 jock strap and cup (molded some I think)
1995 hoover vacuum cleaner--broken
OK, that is enough--I apologize for being too prideful of my possessions

JDP


Yall two crack me up talking about the West Nile Virus
~TABASCO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #8208
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa
 
Old Git Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
Oddometer: 1,362
I see Nick Sanders has just arrived in The US again....

This is what he has to say about the Yam.. An excerpt from his blog which contains a "Spot Live" locator system.

http://www.nicksanders.com/2011/parallel_world.html

"The food in the hotel was free and you can eat all that you want. It’s a nice twist of hospitality having travelled so far on a bike that has now clocked up 16 665 miles. What a bike! This Super Tenere seems capable of taking everything I throw at it. I cannot make it meek. The R1 had that naughty streak and whilst not that, this bike is cheeky with it’s movements. It handles every range of surface imaginable, and, without any loss of comfort. Surely something should have snapped or come loose by now, but nothing, not a washer. We still have a very long way to go."

Eat your heart out BMW. Trolls: get back under the bridge...


I just popped over to Oilheads in Gspot.

Every other thread relates to some sort of failure.

How I love my Tenere
__________________
Karen "Oh my God, I am traveling with a f**king idiot."
Blog: http://www.raykarenhall.blogspot.com

Old Git Ray screwed with this post 06-08-2011 at 10:48 AM
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #8209
Big Mistake onWheels
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I see Nick Sanders has just arrived in The US again....

This is what he has to say about the Yam.. An excerpt from his blog which contains a "Spot Live" locator system.

http://www.nicksanders.com/2011/parallel_world.html

"The food in the hotel was free and you can eat all that you want. It’s a nice twist of hospitality having travelled so far on a bike that has now clocked up 16 665 miles. What a bike! This Super Tenere seems capable of taking everything I throw at it. I cannot make it meek. The R1 had that naughty streak and whilst not that, this bike is cheeky with it’s movements. It handles every range of surface imaginable, and, without any loss of comfort. Surely something should have snapped or come loose by now, but nothing, not a washer. We still have a very long way to go."

Eat your heart out BMW. Trolls: get back under the bridge...


I just popped over to Oilheads in Gspot.

Every other thread relates to some sort of failure.

How I love my Tenere
HOT DAMN ! By 3200 miles on my GS1200, 3 headlight bulbs blew, burned oil, ABS pump blew($3000+ fix but was warrantied), shock blew, screws fell outta the thing, Got dirt in ABS switch-screwed everything up, worried about rearend burning up, etc.Deer put it outta it's misery. R.I.P. deer. Tenere on order.
Big Mistake onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #8210
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer
 
BaronVonDarrin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
Oddometer: 570
I am new to this site/forum... is this joint always like this?
BaronVonDarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #8211
MoBill
Smiles when says dat
 
MoBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 13,403
No...Yes...This is normally Jo Momma like. Don't want to get the tread punted to another part of the forum though....so need to keep it civil.

After the earlier discussion of the Jesse's VS Trax and other...I'm really torn.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and go Touratech. Hmmm.

It's been bashed around--the topic, but since I don't have the bike yet, it's hard not to think about it.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #8212
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb
 
BobLoblaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I see Nick Sanders has just arrived in The US again....

This is what he has to say about the Yam.. An excerpt from his blog which contains a "Spot Live" locator system.

http://www.nicksanders.com/2011/parallel_world.html

"The food in the hotel was free and you can eat all that you want. It’s a nice twist of hospitality having travelled so far on a bike that has now clocked up 16 665 miles. What a bike! This Super Tenere seems capable of taking everything I throw at it. I cannot make it meek. The R1 had that naughty streak and whilst not that, this bike is cheeky with it’s movements. It handles every range of surface imaginable, and, without any loss of comfort. Surely something should have snapped or come loose by now, but nothing, not a washer. We still have a very long way to go."

Eat your heart out BMW. Trolls: get back under the bridge...


I just popped over to Oilheads in Gspot.

Every other thread relates to some sort of failure.

How I love my Tenere

Check the tires. No knobs for Nick and he's got a gas can
__________________
Ride till you can't - Marty Hill

BobLoblaw screwed with this post 06-08-2011 at 11:45 AM
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #8213
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD
Oddometer: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDarrin View Post
I am new to this site/forum... is this joint always like this?
No, people have little else to do, thanks to the earthquake/tsunami making deliveries come late. Once the bikes are on the road and people have toys to farkle this BS will pass.

It is frequently entertaining though.
__________________
Super Tenere & WR250R, AMA, IBA
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #8214
rocca
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Check the tires. No knobs for Nick and he's got a gas can
Check the rest of the bike too. No accessory screen, bars, rack, crashbars, etc. etc. This is a guy who's been round the world several times (including the deserts!) on an unmodded R1. An object lesson in how far you can get with what you've got.

The good news is that on this latest trip he's filming as he goes so there should be a DVD & book out at some point in the future.
rocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #8215
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the road to South America
Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Check the tires. No knobs for Nick and he's got a gas can
I guess he's using road tires most, or all, of the trip, just cos they last longer - and they are either Conti Road Attacks or Conti Trail Attacks. Not much different to look at them. Conti is a long-time sponsor of his. He may not change to off-road tires at all - I think the Ruta 40 is doable on road tires or at least something like the Trail Attacks. Can't see him changing to TKC's just cos they will wear faster and cost time in changing them.

Interesting that after all our discussions of fancy-shmancy auxiliary gas tanks, he has a plastic just strapped to the back with a cargo net!

__________________
Super Tenere news and reviews
http://supertenere1200.com

dcstrom screwed with this post 06-08-2011 at 12:57 PM
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #8216
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the road to South America
Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca View Post
Check the rest of the bike too. No accessory screen, bars, rack, crashbars, etc. etc. This is a guy who's been round the world several times (including the deserts!) on an unmodded R1. An object lesson in how far you can get with what you've got..
Also the fact that Yamaha gave him the bike might have something to do with it using all Yamaha parts...
__________________
Super Tenere news and reviews
http://supertenere1200.com
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #8217
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD
Oddometer: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I see Nick Sanders has just arrived in The US again....

This is what he has to say about the Yam.. An excerpt from his blog which contains a "Spot Live" locator system.

http://www.nicksanders.com/2011/parallel_world.html

"The food in the hotel was free and you can eat all that you want. It’s a nice twist of hospitality having travelled so far on a bike that has now clocked up 16 665 miles. What a bike! This Super Tenere seems capable of taking everything I throw at it. I cannot make it meek. The R1 had that naughty streak and whilst not that, this bike is cheeky with it’s movements. It handles every range of surface imaginable, and, without any loss of comfort. Surely something should have snapped or come loose by now, but nothing, not a washer. We still have a very long way to go."

Eat your heart out BMW. Trolls: get back under the bridge...


I just popped over to Oilheads in Gspot.

Every other thread relates to some sort of failure.

How I love my Tenere
Cool to hear from you and I've been following Nick Sanders.

You know, there wasn't any one aspect to the Super Tenere that blew me away when I got to ride one. Of course, I didn't get a chance to off-road it like the Aussies and Sanders. For me, the Super-T was just a more comfortable all-arounder than the GS series and there are few other competing non-chain bikes for the type and amount of riding I do.

While I've not beat my bikes like Sanders, I've been impressed by how reliable my Yamahas have been. Plus, for the few issues there have been (they are machines) MamaYama has taken care of them, unlike some other companies.
__________________
Super Tenere & WR250R, AMA, IBA
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #8218
Goldie05
Fast George
 
Goldie05's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post

I knew a fellow by the name of West when I was in my thirties, you could be related.............................He was an annoying over opinionated turd as well.


P.S - You missed itemizing the Rolex watch and Calvin Klein jocks in your brag list..

Greg.
THANKS WASP, it's about time someone says something

It's always about the weight or the non-switchable ABS , let them switch off the ABS if it gives them a "stiff one"

Your comment, "highlighted" above made it worth me login in to check what's up on this forum
__________________
12 Yamaha Super Ténéré
Alaska Trip
Cross Country Trip
Riding USA Blog
GeorgeFPhotography
Goldie05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #8219
jdpower
Studly Adventurer
 
jdpower's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
No...Yes...This is normally Jo Momma like. Don't want to get the tread punted to another part of the forum though....so need to keep it civil.

After the earlier discussion of the Jesse's VS Trax and other...I'm really torn.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and go Touratech. Hmmm.

It's been bashed around--the topic, but since I don't have the bike yet, it's hard not to think about it.
Glad you brought it up, I've been in that same boat. But I got in on the discount buy with the Micatech V2 cases and will go that route. They have "grown" on me. It saves me a few hundred bucks over Jesses and about the same as Trax cases but think Micatechs are better construction. I'll go with 37L left and 45L right.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #8220
Rick West
Function not Farkles
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Out West For Awhile
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDarrin View Post
I am new to this site/forum... is this joint always like this?
Beasts seems to be a grumpy place sometimes. I wonder if it has anything to do with the GS and KTM riders having their own sections and the less significant large dual sport bikes are all piled into one?
__________________
KTM 990 - The only real "dual" sport in the big Adventure bike class
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014