ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #6406
erdsh
KTM 640 Adventure
 
erdsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: GY
Oddometer: 104
KTM Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Cook View Post
see you're using a KTM lift stand
i think I've seen the same on cyclehuts website
how good is it at taking the 640's weight?
on cyclehuts website there are 2 different sizes is yours the 310/400mm one?
need to get a bike lift for a decent price & these look OK but would appreciate your comments
thanks Cookie
The stand is from KTM dealer. I do not know the height but my bike was lowered so its a little hard to put it under the bike. I usually put the front wheel on something and then it go's easy under the bike.
It holds the bike with no problems, it is easy to lift the bike and take it down.
I recommend.
__________________
TT600S
XTZ660Tenere
Cagiva Elefant 750
TT600R
KTM300EXC
CR125
YZ125
and many other...
erdsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #6407
erdsh
KTM 640 Adventure
 
erdsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: GY
Oddometer: 104
Mikuni Fuel Pump

Since the original fuel pump is not working, I ordered the 14 L/H single outlet mikuni vacuum fuel pump.
Since then, the carb is pouring fuel. I replaced the needle and balanced the float and still the carb is leaking fuel.
I bypass the fuel pump, by connecting the fuel tap directly to the carb and filled the fuel tank and it is working great with no problems.
By doing this, I assume the fuel pump has higher pressure the the original, and due to this the CARB is leaking with fuel.

Please advise, what should I do?
__________________
TT600S
XTZ660Tenere
Cagiva Elefant 750
TT600R
KTM300EXC
CR125
YZ125
and many other...
erdsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #6408
blanc
Adventurer
 
blanc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: IRELAND
Oddometer: 73
If any of you guys are familiar with lc4 engines please take a look, I am an unlucky new 640 Adventure owner whos bike blew on my second ride.


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696592
blanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #6409
Lee Cook
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Manchester England
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdsh View Post
The stand is from KTM dealer. I do not know the height but my bike was lowered so its a little hard to put it under the bike. I usually put the front wheel on something and then it go's easy under the bike.
It holds the bike with no problems, it is easy to lift the bike and take it down.
I recommend.
thanks, its the weight that I was more interested in

the stands come in 2 heights so that shouldn't be a problem

I'll buy one tomorrow
Lee Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #6410
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: west of road america
Oddometer: 2,023
is anyone using the upper fairing for tube storage?

only downside I see is possibly having to drill through for some type of mounting. Or glue some tabs?
__________________
sideways and smiling
WIsixfitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #6411
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdsh View Post
Since the original fuel pump is not working, I ordered the 14 L/H single outlet mikuni vacuum fuel pump.
Since then, the carb is pouring fuel. I replaced the needle and balanced the float and still the carb is leaking fuel.
I bypass the fuel pump, by connecting the fuel tap directly to the carb and filled the fuel tank and it is working great with no problems.
By doing this, I assume the fuel pump has higher pressure the the original, and due to this the CARB is leaking with fuel.

Please advise, what should I do?
buy the KTM pump .. the gallons or liter output per hour is more than likely higher with the 14LH mikuni.. without the pump you will only get half the gas out of the tank or until the fuel level reaches the carb level..
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #6412
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED
 
TEZZA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.E.Vic,Australia
Oddometer: 278
Thumb Brakes

Hay Zack you are a magic man .
I pumped the front brakes up last night and just took off the cable tie after 20hrs and PRESTO i have front brakes .
This method must alllow the air to be burped out some how .
Thanks Heaps Zack.
Thanks Tezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzack View Post
This has always worked well for me. Squeeze the lever several times like your pumping it up to bleed it and zip tie or tape the lever to the grip and leave it for several hours, overnight if you can wait. When you release the lever in the morning the brakes should be as good as they ever will be. It works on all brakes, cars too.
Zack
__________________
Tezza.
KTM 990 ADVENTURE.
KTM 520 EXE.
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #6413
bigzack
6'6" of awesome
 
bigzack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Ephrata, WA
Oddometer: 54
Brakes

Glad to hear it worked for you.
Zack
bigzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #6414
erdsh
KTM 640 Adventure
 
erdsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: GY
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
buy the KTM pump .. the gallons or liter output per hour is more than likely higher with the 14LH mikuni.. without the pump you will only get half the gas out of the tank or until the fuel level reaches the carb level..
The ktm pump is actually Mikuni. and it looks like he original is less then 14L/H.

I wonder if anyone knows the details of the original pump. it is not specified in the owners manual nor the workshop manual.
__________________
TT600S
XTZ660Tenere
Cagiva Elefant 750
TT600R
KTM300EXC
CR125
YZ125
and many other...
erdsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #6415
Tseta
Lost
 
Tseta's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 669




-T
Tseta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #6416
ChrisC
Molon Labe
 
ChrisC's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Prescott, Arizona USA Earth
Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdsh View Post
The ktm pump is actually Mikuni. and it looks like he original is less then 14L/H.

I wonder if anyone knows the details of the original pump. it is not specified in the owners manual nor the workshop manual.
Mikuni DF52 - 32L/h (from some older AdvRider posts YMMV)

58512087000 FUEL PUMP MIKUNI DF52-601 01 $78.94
__________________
Chris
'03 KTM Adventure 640
'43 BSA M20WD
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #6417
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bigboyxl's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Czech republic - Ukraine
Oddometer: 312
hi all!!
i have a 2006 640 Adv model and covered more than 30000 kms, I use it mostly for long offroad blasts and for traveling to the countries with bad roads (read without roads). Now I decided to make it little bit lighter and first I want to change is to put a titanium exhaust on it. I've found only 3 options:
1. Titanium factory headers (57305007000) + Factory-endsilencer titan (57305079300)
2. Remus FREERIDE, full system (header & y-tube, muffler), titanium, EEC (SKU 219802 654603)
3. Remus FREERIDE, full system left/right ( header & y-tube, 2 mufflers), titanium, EEC (SKU 219802 654503LR)

Which one is better? (lighter and gives more power?) Or maybe there are some more options?

Thnx in advance
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #6418
mike cramb
Beastly Adventurer
 
mike cramb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Perth
Oddometer: 1,312
Same same only different

Hi big boy xl

hope someone knows the answer cause I am asking the same questions. I just got a used remus twin system and dont know if it fits yet.I may have to modify the ports. See a few posts back.

Like to pack up my bike and come over your way and ride the road of bones.
Mike
__________________
we are already here!
mike cramb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #6419
The Mass
Timbuktu or Bust... Both!
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Perth West Oz
Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike cramb View Post
Hi big boy xl

hope someone knows the answer cause I am asking the same questions. I just got a used remus twin system and dont know if it fits yet.I may have to modify the ports. See a few posts back.

Like to pack up my bike and come over your way and ride the road of bones.
Mike

Gents
Try a search for WINGS mufflers.
They are made solely for KTM's and are a class piece of work. (Dare I say....equal to an AKRO)

The Oz importer is MOTOTOYS, he doesn't list one for the 640 anymore, but there might be a few flying(get it?) around somewhere.

Cheers
Mass
__________________
01 640 Adv
06 250 EXC
73 250 Motosport
04 GSX1400 (with USD front end)
The Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #6420
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mass View Post
Gents
Try a search for WINGS mufflers.
They are made solely for KTM's and are a class piece of work. (Dare I say....equal to an AKRO)

The Oz importer is MOTOTOYS, he doesn't list one for the 640 anymore, but there might be a few flying(get it?) around somewhere.

Cheers
Mass
nope, I tried to find one on 4 continents and the manufacturer won't do another run-I tried.
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014