User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #8401
DeadRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hello guys

I have a question. How much is the difference between GPS speed and the motorcycle speed (as a percentage)?? So I can know my real legal max speed

Thx

JC
DeadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #8402
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
Wait Graham you mean you don't have a XT1200Z and yet every other post on here is from you???

:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well luckily everything I have read is true!

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #8403
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
On the freeway entry I gave the FJ6 huge stick and the S10 idled passed without even noticing how god damn fast I was. DAMN IT!

You have an entertaining writing style.

Ride reports like this really make me lust for an S10 even more. Luckily I can't have one so this will be one of those bittersweet unsatisfied desires for a long time.

Now that you noticed how, erm, how much character your DL1000 has, is there an S10 in your near future?
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #8404
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post

Now that you noticed how, erm, how much character your DL1000 has, is there an S10 in your near future?
Well of course. It was just a case of bad timing that's all.

The S10 was but a rumour when I went to purchase my last bike for a little while, unfortunately it turned out to be a real bike. So I have to wait for a few things to settle first and then I'll be on to it, if I can wait that long.

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #8405
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
Wait Graham you mean you don't have a XT1200Z and yet every other post on here is from you???

:-)
Welcome to the Internet...where people use the fingers instead of the wallet... :)
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #8406
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post
Welcome to the Internet...where people use the fingers instead of the wallet... :)
Any time you want to give me an interest free loan Olie, You can.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #8407
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Cool2 Olie...

~

Ya' know, Graham...

I'm a Texan, and proud of it. I think it's a great state, and a wonderful place to live. And in my lifetime I've had the privilege of getting to know quite a few folks from Australia and New Zealand, and I've always thought they were the people most like Texans I had ever run across from other countries, and as such I've liked every one of them I've encountered.

As such I feel compelled to apologize for ol' Olie, He says he's from Austin, but I find it hard to believe he's a true Texan. I really don't understand his animosity continually displayed repeatedly on the Super Tenere threads. it's funny, too, because I used to own an '07 Aprilia Tuono. One apparently a lot tricker than his, so I can't understand his weird, narcissistic tendency to post his bikes, his cars, and even the most mundane of mods in his signature... Geez, he posts spring changes to his Aprilia? Wooooo-Hoooooo!!!

What is up with that, Olie? Do you somehow think changing the countershaft sprocket on your Tuono, or putting a carbon hugger on your C-14 is really of *ANY* interest whatsoever to anyone else here? And your 'Vette? What's up with that? Who cares?

Anyway, Graham... You just keep on posting away. Remember, Olie doesn't have a Super Tenere, either, yet he posts in these S-10 threads. In fact, he's got a pretty mundane quiver, so maybe his wallet isn't so big, eh? And he's not like most Texans. If you ever come on over to Texas I'll show you what I mean. I'll show you some great roads, you'll meet some great people, hear some good music, drink some good beer & eat some good food, and hell, you're welcome to even ride one of my bikes.

Just don't let Olie give you a bad impression about Texans. Trust me, he's not like the rest of us!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~

Dallara screwed with this post 06-20-2011 at 06:44 AM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #8408
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
~

Ya' know, Graham...

I'm a Texan, and proud of it. I think it's a great state, and a wonderful place to live. And in my lifetime I've had the privilege of getting to know quite a few folks from Australia and New Zealand, and I've always thought they were the people most like Texans I had ever run across from other countries, and as such I've liked every one of them I've encountered.

As such I feel compelled to apologize for ol' Olie, He says he's from Austin, but I find it hard to believe he's a true Texan. I really don't understand his animosity continually displayed repeatedly on the Super Tenere threads. it's funny, too, because I used to own an '07 Aprilia Tuono. One apparently a lot tricker than his, so I can't understand his weird, narcissistic tendency to post his bikes, his cars, and even the most mundane of mods in his signature... Geez, he posts spring changes to his Aprilia? Wooooo-Hoooooo!!!

What is up with that, Olie? Do you somehow thing changing the countershaft sprocket on your Tuono, or putting a carbon hugger on your C-14 is really of *ANY* interest whatsoever to anyone else here? And your 'Vette? What's up with that? Who cares?

Anyway, Graham... You just keep on posting away. Remember, Olie doesn't have a Super Tenere, either, yet he posts in these S-10 threads. In fact, he's got a pretty mundane quiver, so maybe his wallet isn't so big, eh? And he's not like most Texans. If you ever come on over to Texas I'll show you what I mean. I'll show you some great roads, you'll meet some great people, hear some good music, drink some good beer & eat some good food, and hell, you're welcome to even ride one of my bikes.

Just don't let Olie give you a bad impression about Texans. Trust me, he's not like the rest of us!

Dallara

~
If I ever get over there Dallara, I'll take you up on that. My shout.

And the same if you are ever over here.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #8409
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
~

Ya' know, Graham...

What is up with that, Olie? Do you somehow thing changing the countershaft sprocket on your Tuono, or putting a carbon hugger on your C-14 is really of *ANY* interest whatsoever to anyone else here? And your 'Vette? What's up with that? Who cares?

Dallara

~
Woow, you made me laugh !! ...and yes, Austin is a jewel, a blueberry, not tomato soup.

About not having a S10, you can say that AFTER they will be here for sale in Texas. I will make a decision then, but for now it is still in my agenda.
11 Vette, unmolested...

olie screwed with this post 06-19-2011 at 09:05 PM
Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #8410
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRider View Post
I have a question. How much is the difference between GPS speed and the motorcycle speed (as a percentage)?? So I can know my real legal max speed
In steady-state cruising on straight/level roads, GPS speed readings are typically extremely accurate, within a fraction of a percent. There are some errors that creep in with varying speeds and undulating road conditions, but they're usually quite small.

The speedo on the motorcycle OTOH, is usually biased to read high, typically 5% or so.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #8411
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Laugh What? No order?

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post

About not having a S10, you can say that AFTER they will be here for sale in Texas. I will make a decision then, but for now it is still in my agenda.

'Til then, oddly enough you're just one of those who "use the fingers instead of the wallet", right?

You do have a Super Tenere on order, right? Or are your fingers just flailing away hopefully? Can't wait to see how much you adjust your preload in your sig line...

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~

Dallara screwed with this post 06-20-2011 at 06:42 AM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #8412
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRider View Post
Hello guys

Thx

JC
S10 reads about 9% high - i.e. GPS speed=130km/h; S10 displays=142km/h
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #8413
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Can't wait to see how much you adjust your preload in you sig line...

Dallara

~
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #8414
SuperCruise
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
OK, I finally gave in and signed up for a ride on the S10.
It's about bloody time you got your butt on an S10

Glad you enjoyed it. At least you went back home on your Strom without having hocked it against a new S10. I was not so strong.

Around Australia, Super Tenere Style
SuperCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #8415
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
~

'Til then, oddly enough you're just one of those who "use the fingers instead of the wallet", right?

You do have a Super Tenere on order, right? Or are your fingers just flailing away hopefully? Can't wait to see how much you adjust your preload in you sig line...

Dallara

~
I know better not to sign blank checks. As I said previously, I am in contact with a dealer as they have a few cancellations. Oh, I am very proud of my bikes, so I like to show them in my sig. No reason to hide them... same for my American car.

I understand I am somehat biased torwards Aprilia. OTOH, I like to see the underdog beating the big dogs...
11 Vette, unmolested...