ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
That pic was taken in Ketchikan a couple of years ago at this inlet
by the zip line area. My daughter lived there at the time and it was
our first visit.
Ahhh - Knudson Cove. Zip lines hadn't been invented yet when I lived in Ketchikan, and Knudson Cove was w-a-a-a-y out at the end of North Tongass. Things have sure changed there in the last 50 years! But it is still a beautiful place despite the incessant rainfall. Glad you got to visit there and enjoy the bald eagles, as well as the many other attractions. That is a great photo!
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #17
Moose_DK
No stress

Oddometer: 592
Just a bunch of pictures from our Alaska trip last year.. This year we will stay warm and hit the grand canyon!

Here is some of the good ones that I think tell a little about Alaska.
You can read all about the stories and even more Alaska pictures on www.tinyurl.com/moosemini

Our RR: M & M Touring the states. July 2009 to January 2010
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post10289818

Our danish blog
http://touringthestates.blogspot.com/

-------------------------
morgen stunden har guld i munden
men kan også ha ondt i hovedet
Moose_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #18
GSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
[QUOTE=Moose_DK;16224794]Just a bunch of pictures from our Alaska trip last year.. This year we will stay warm and hit the grand canyon!

Here is some of the good ones that I think tell a little about Alaska.
You can read all about the stories and even more Alaska pictures on www.tinyurl.com/moosemini

Excellent job on the photos (sharp, well exposed and gave a true sense of Alaskan weather & light)!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Life is too short to not ride to Alaska and back. A once in a lifetime experienced that should be repeated. I plan on doing it again. Close up encounters with Bald Eagles can also be seen around Homer Alaska. Grizzly Bear sitings can be had almost anywhere.

I have photographed Grizzly Bears as close as 10 feet. Ask me how fast my heart was beating?? Luckily, they like Salmon more than me, or I would not be writing now.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan Rider View Post
Ahhh - Knudson Cove. Zip lines hadn't been invented yet when I lived in Ketchikan, and Knudson Cove was w-a-a-a-y out at the end of North Tongass. Things have sure changed there in the last 50 years! But it is still a beautiful place despite the incessant rainfall. Glad you got to visit there and enjoy the bald eagles, as well as the many other attractions. That is a great photo!
My daughter lived there for a couple of years, she taught third grade at one of the schools and her husband worked at a bank. They ended up moving back to Florida of all places, but I sure did like it there and would love to go back.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
I'm pretty sure this is in Alaska.

Salmon Glacier.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man View Post
I'm pretty sure this is in Alaska.

Salmon Glacier.
Close... it's actually back in B.C. But since they're our close neighbors, we should be able to allow it.

Nice shot - how about if I post it a little bigger to better display your talent -
Haul Road Primer
Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer: 328
Alaska has some beautiful roads.

cakmakli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #24
marakesh express
Dream Maker

Oddometer: 98
Say's it all about the Dalton I guess Took that shot in 09 on my old 1100 and returning next year on the 1200 to get it properly dirty. It's a long way from England but a hell of a ride
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #25
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Close... it's actually back in B.C.
Dang!
Thanks. It is a darned pretty spot and in my defense, to get there by reasonably passable road you do have to drive through Alaska.....
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #26
SnoozeRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193

Denali Hwy
SnoozeRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #27
SnoozeRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
When were you there, Alcan? I've lived there a couple times (70's, 80's, 90's). Few years out at Herring Cove, still my favorite place in all Alaska.
SnoozeRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #28
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoozeRat View Post
When were you there, Alcan? I've lived there a couple times (70's, 80's, 90's). Few years out at Herring Cove, still my favorite place in all Alaska.
Lived there '57 (when I was 18 & fresh out of high school) to '60. Still think of it as my hometown.
Haul Road Primer
Old 07-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #29
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

A couple of trips down to Valdez this past week, so I'll post one photo from each trip.

Beautiful weather Friday, and FLARider1 and I got to enjoy it in Thompson Pass -

Wednesday XC Rider and I made the round trip, and the skies cleared a bit on the way back north -
Haul Road Primer
Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
California OP
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
A couple of trips down to Valdez this past week, so I'll post one photo from each trip.

Beautiful weather Friday, and FLARider1 and I got to enjoy it in Thompson Pass -

Wednesday XC Rider and I made the round trip, and the skies cleared a bit on the way back north -

I don't think WOW is a big enough comment..........keep it up, I'm lovin it!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is offline   Reply With Quote