User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #226
CurDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Wicked Think like a thief!

Don't give up on your bike. You need to get proactive and go find her. Do not sit back and wait for the police. They may or may not prove to be much help. But there are a lot of things that you can do. First off, you need to try and think like the kind of thief that would take your bike. If you can't think like that, you need to enlist the help of some of your shadier friends. Most likely, the thieves were young and just took it out for a joy ride. After they get bored they will most likely dump it somewhere or sell it for a few bucks. Along the way, someone will get sloppy and they will get caught or seen. You may want to post a "Rewards" notice but whatever way you choose, you need to get the word out. The more people looking for the bike, the more likely it will surface.

Unfortunately, due to the line of work I am in, I have had to do this many times in the past. The good news is that 95% of the items stolen eventually turn up. So, do NOT give up! I want to read more adventures from the Kern County Kid.
CurDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #227
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurDog View Post
Don't give up on your bike. You need to get proactive and go find her. Do not sit back and wait for the police. They may or may not prove to be much help. But there are a lot of things that you can do. First off, you need to try and think like the kind of thief that would take your bike. If you can't think like that, you need to enlist the help of some of your shadier friends. Most likely, the thieves were young and just took it out for a joy ride. After they get bored they will most likely dump it somewhere or sell it for a few bucks. Along the way, someone will get sloppy and they will get caught or seen. You may want to post a "Rewards" notice but whatever way you choose, you need to get the word out. The more people looking for the bike, the more likely it will surface.

Unfortunately, due to the line of work I am in, I have had to do this many times in the past. The good news is that 95% of the items stolen eventually turn up. So, do NOT give up! I want to read more adventures from the Kern County Kid.
+1

I was pissed off for him & also bored @ work so I did a nationwide search on Craigslist and he has posted a reward for it

I just hope he gets it back so we all can enjoy some TOP QUALITY RR's again
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #228
kerncountykid OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
There are literally hundreds of these around town. I did everything I could to turn that bike into a lottery ticket.

I got a call the second day. He said he knew where the bike was and asked if I had the money. I said yes and asked where to meet. He asked again, "you've got the money?". I said, and this is verbatim: "I have the money, all I want is to put it in your hand, get on my bike and ride away, and never hear about it again.". He said "OK" and hung up. Never called back.

I live in the ghetto, if my bike was still around here I would think it would have turned up by now for $1000. Could be in a salvage yard (I called all of them) run by someone who does't quite follow the rules. The possibilities are endless.

kerncountykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #229
detailer57
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
That really sucks. I do feel for ya. In my life some "things" have been taken, cars, etc.

I would not be surprised if you find that engine in some hacked up chopper or rat bike. If you have the engine serial number, you might find the culprit if it shows up in another frame.

Sorry dude.
detailer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #230
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 3,095
That sucks.

Hope you get her back.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #231
strom thingie
Lost and Proud!

Oddometer: 432
What a freaking shame.
strom thingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #232
FattyAndIdgit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Wait!!!

I see that you're still a bit on the green side wrt the yearly odometer so a bit of advice from a slightly older model.

Don't give up on the karma thing just yet (and hear me out, I'm not a granola chewing yogi or anything like that,,, so not like that)!!!

With the good that you've spread through your RR's (many have enjoyed them including myself) and the shit that you've recently gone through,,, you've got a net positive due you in the karma department.

May not show up this week but you've got to continue believing that your positive contributions to... what... not society... the world is closer... your own existence maybe - are worth it.

Karma (IMHO) is not to be feared,,, and nurturing it along as you obviously do (cash in the cushion) can't be bad,,, how could it be?

If you haven't,,, and you've got the time (a lot of it actually), hunt down the posts by nathanthepostman. Late in the post he comes to the revelation that if he looses Dot,,, he won't really be loosing her. Obtuse, but valid.

You'll find another Dee Dee, might be a different model, year, make etc... but you'll find him/her.

Have a bit of faith that the scales of good and evil, happy and sad, right and wrong do tend to even out.

hang in there,,,

Current rides - V-Strom 650 (Fatty), KTM EXC 300 (not Fatty)
Previous rides - well it all started out with a Kawasaki Coyote, followed by a Yamaha JT1 mini enduro 60, followed by a...
FattyAndIdgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #233
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

anything
Old 07-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #234
kerncountykid OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
anything
It wasn't the ending I wanted but I may have some news and a little trip to tell y'all about soon....
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #235
ezrdr55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Really sorry about that bike. Great RR. Get another bike and do it again.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #236
Jonzilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerncountykid View Post
It wasn't the ending I wanted but I may have some news and a little trip to tell y'all about soon....
Really looking forward to hearing what's happened. That appears to be a different 550. ??

'07 Kawisaki KLR650
'82 Suzuki GS1100G
'73 Honda CB350G
Jonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #237
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 3,095
I'm all ears. Can hardly wait to see what happens next.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 AM   #238
kerncountykid OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I'm all ears. Can hardly wait to see what happens next.
I'm sorry I haven't updated this. The ending was happy. I'm a spectacularly fortunate person. I promise I'll come back and tell the rest of the story.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #239
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 982
Sweet, looking forward to the continuing story. GNP is quite a beautiful place as are so many of our National Parks.
SGrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #240
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerncountykid View Post
I'm sorry I haven't updated this. The ending was happy. I'm a spectacularly fortunate person. I promise I'll come back and tell the rest of the story.
Sweet
Good for you
Very glad you got it back and even posted a nice picture of the Orange Honda on Halloween

the rack is different the side cover and exhaust too
Is this some of the stuff you had to replace because it was stripped ??

Will wait for your response in the update I'm sure you'll address it in there

airborndad screwed with this post 10-31-2011 at 09:33 AM