Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #3676
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
I am really happy to see that they are cleaning up Fresnillo. They should have started a long time ago! The road between Durango to Zacatecas has gotten so bad that I'll do it on the KLR but I won't go on it with my family anymore. The road from Fresnillo to Torreon is horrible. We feel like we are trapped here and cut off from central Mexico because we cant drive out of here through that part of Zacatecas. I know a few guys who commute to DGO from SLP and they all quit driving through ZAC and now take the bus.

Saludos to the Mexican Marines. They have been killing Zetas like crazy lately! I wonder if we are going to start to turn the corner soon?

Saludos Pilot to you and your Father. I'm happy for him that he made it back for a good ole Texas for the 4th of July. I always try to make it but couldn't this year. After a solid 6 or 8 months in Mexico, when they sing that Star Spangled Banner it's enough to make a guys eyes water up! I'll have to settle for a bbq in my backyard and maybe some gunshots in the distance for fire works
Its funny how we never really intend to make it up here for the 4th, but when I was living down there we made it back both times. He was planning on coming up next weekend for the trice BBQ but things at work prevented him from being able to do that. Hope things continue to go well for you in Durango. Hopefully the military continues to clean things up around that area of Mex. We know it needs it!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #3677
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,758
Word is out that in order to get a vehicle permit to travel in Mexico, now you have to put down a cash deposit in addition to the credit card charge of $30+? Anybody get a permiso within the last 2 weeks?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #3678
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Heard something from Joaquin on the TV news but they were saying like 300 to 400 bucks didn't really get it but it sucks
got a friend that's the chief In Allende check point going to call him right now since I'm heading to Saltillo

Yeap just talk to Reginaldo Calderon at Allende seems now you have to leave 400 and under in cash there., Depending on the vehicle I guess you will get it back on your way out
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #3679
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Yeah, in fact that same day that we were talking about at your place this battle was raging. So when are we going?
Looking forward to it but the stars at work and elsewhere need to align just right.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #3680
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
So let me get this straight, this battle in Fresnillo with 15 dead Zetas and the burned bus outside your dad's house is the same Fresnillo your dad was inviting me to visit when you guys were over at my place yesterday, correct?

Details,. details.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #3681
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Yeap just talk to Reginaldo Calderon at Allende seems now you have to leave 400 and under in cash there., Depending on the vehicle I guess you will get it back on your way out

They tried this a few years ago and the program lasted maybe two weeks. For some strange reason non one trusted the Banjercito (Army and Navy Bank) to hold the money.

And that's what it boils down to. The military sees this as a slush fund they can tap into.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #3682
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
They tried this a few years ago and the program lasted maybe two weeks. For some strange reason non one trusted the Banjercito (Army and Navy Bank) to hold the money.

And that's what it boils down to. The military sees this as a slush fund they can tap into.
Come on! John this pure pressure from the gringo car factories in Mexico to the congress the army doesn't make the laws

Bato screwed with this post 07-03-2011 at 11:39 AM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #3683
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Quote:
HAHAHA. The chances of seeing the money again are slim. One thing that IS happening is people in mass are not returning their vehicle permits and causing all kind of mayhem in the system. They either go in and stay in, (paisanos) or come out and not turn in the sticker at the office. The customer doesn't care because they have no plans of ever going back to Mexico with all the trouble going down.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #3684
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Come on! John this pure pressure from the gringo car factories in Mexico to the congress the army doesn't make the laws

More likely whoever collects the taxes on new and used cars wants to make sure they collect those taxes, one way or the other!

Even down around Tampico I noticed a ton of cars with Texas plates.

Alas, this is now going to mean that we have to shell out some serious money when we want to ride to Monterrey.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #3685
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,058
Won't be good for tourism. I'm not keen on making the Republic of Mexico a loan at no interest. I make enough of those to the United States.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #3686
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,417
Salma is getting ready to divorce/sue her billionaire French husband.

The money is going to her legal team. Ergo, y'all should stop yer whinin' and complainin'
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #3687
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Won't be good for tourism..

Although I question how many tourists are actually driving around right now. I think that most are flying in.

Still ... I agree that this is terribly short sighted.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #3688
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,058
A previous post says 400 bucks. That ain't pesos. If it were pesos no body would care.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #3689
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Although I question how many tourists are actually driving around right now. I think that most are flying in.

Still ... I agree that this is terribly short sighted.
There are some hard core people riding bicycles around Mexico. Its hard to get away from a truckload of Zetas though.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #3690
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayjars View Post
There are some hard core people riding bicycles around Mexico. Its hard to get away from a truckload of Zetas though.
I am an old bicycle racer. On my trip with Arte and Andre last year I ran into a gringo about my age who was on a bicycle (with a trailer) who was wandering around Mexico without a clue and was hitting on the chicks at at Pemex truckstop just outside Victoria.

With that said I think they are all nuts

I might be wrong, but I don't exactly see the bicycle tourists as a windfall for the Mexicans.

Us motorcycle tourists, on the other hand ...