ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #61
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Only pride bruised.

Nice riding with ya DR.

Wasn't it cool when the bus full of Hoother waitress let us warm up in their van while we were waiting for the State Police to finish their investigation?

I've never had such a satisfying backrub>
We need more info - tooth man !!

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #62
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
I'm gonna let dR tell the story- he's got photographic evidence.

And it only takes two men to pick-up a yellow GS.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #63
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
The truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but...

Since no one but those who followed this thread would give a darn; I decided to post the trip report here.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/646582/1/27657930

I begged Toothy to ride Thursday when it was FREEKIN' beautiful, but we had to ride today, in the rain, in the mud. It was a character building day. Toothy's secret trail would probably be beautiful if you were there on a CLEAR DAY!

The non-paved sections were slick and muddy so we aired the tires down for the decent. Once back on asphalt we cranked the pressure back up with a handy $10 compressor. Toothy says He's buying everyone beer with the money He saved over the RW German compressor. Lots of beer.

Then we road to the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge to ride on Kitchen Dick Road. I had to show Toothy the street sign missing the "K". While there I photographed sea gulls while an elderly man tossed day old bread and twinkies to them.

While trying to leave the parking lot; disaster struck. I was heading down hill toward a T intersection and as I approached it I consulted my bladder about whether we should strike out for home or not. Wanting to ask Toothy if he had heard anything from his bladder I stopped to look over my shoulder. Toothy was checking his 6, presumably for on coming traffic. The next thing I know there is the terrible sound of a vehicle crash and I'm thinking, "Shit, that sounds close." And then it hits me, literally! Toothy crashed into me, into my beautiful, mint condition, 75th Anniversary R1100GS.

When I turn around Toothy and his GS are on the ground, flailing like a turtle on its back. Toothy, not the GS. All I could think of was; MY BIKE, what have you done to my bike! Not really, I jumped off my mount and helped Toothy pick his up. Then it dawned on us, we should have taken a photo. I wanted Toothy to knock it over again so I could get the shot, but he was completely uncooperative by now. I was starting to suspect a head injury. How else can you explain rear ending your riding partner on a parking lot in broad day light, traveling 5 mph? Well, I missed a great opportunity to get the "bike down" shot, but I did get insurance photos.

He got some black plastic on his beak and knocked it sideways, I got scuffs on my left system case.

Now we are heading home and I see totems, real north west totems. After our mishap I feel we need to stop and pay homage to the Raven to keep his tricks away from the rest of our journey.

Toothy swore me to secrecy about the debauchery that took place inside the Raven's Temple.

We catch the Ferry home; take a hot shower (separate showers) , eat a well deserved meal and file the trip report. I wish more of you had come along, there's safety in numbers.

I'd like to close with this bit of advise. If you ride with Toothy in the future, let him lead, not because of any intrepid sense of direction he might have, but so you can keep an eye on him. Watch your six.

das rider

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/

das Rider screwed with this post 07-09-2005 at 09:42 AM
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #64
toothy OP
Grin

Spy photo taken on a secret road

Old 07-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #65
toothy OP
Grin

I dont know how to nav a smugmug account, but to file transfer photos from the internet:

right click the image, left click properties, highlight the URL, copy url, go to reply to thread, left click on icon of a landscape, paste copied URL.

dR's cheesy dimestore camera takes some OK pics:

Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #66
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Excellent report and photos.

I guess head trama set in with the fall....because I sure didn't see a bus load of Hooter girls !

Nice of you to help Toothy pick up the bumble bee after he bitch slapped you.

Looks like a fun ride.

Enjoy

06 ST1300

Stosh23 screwed with this post 07-09-2005 at 08:45 AM
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #67
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,140
My personal opinon, I would have pushed his bike over when he was not looking just to get the shot again.. Glad you guys are o.k. Bikes can be fixed, the riders are a little harder to put together. Try a little laquar (sp) thinner and the paint transfer will come right off of both bikes I'll bet. We can sit around friday night and laugh at you guys over this one unless you bring some of those hooter girls to rub our backs