User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #2491
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
The main changes are:

a) The new liner system with removable waterproof and thermal liners, similar to the Mojave 2. This improves on the waterproofing of the suit, also making the suit more versatile. When the the liners are out, the suit is light and more airy. You can wear the suit in multiple ways:
  • Scorching summer temperatures? Just wear the base shell and open up all those vents
  • Rain storm in the forecast? Add the waterproof liner!
  • Temperatures dropping due to the cold rain? Also zip in the thermal liner.
  • A cold ride with no rain? How about just the thermal liner zipped in to the shell?

b) We have updated the cuffs of the suit. This new design, again similar to the updated Mojave 2 is a lot more comfortable

c) We have updated the grippy seat design. The back of the suit is now way more aesthetically pleasing than the previous generation suits.

The price is still $399. We can ship in 4 weeks from the day you confirm your order/size/payment.

If you are not too concerned with waterproofing, the previous V3 suits on closeout offer a pretty good opportunity to save. Though the size M & L are sold out, we do have some sizes S,XL & 2XL in stock.

teizms screwed with this post 07-06-2011 at 09:25 AM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #2492
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 369
Question

"Scorching summer temperatures? Just wear the mesh shell
Rain storm in the forecast? Add the waterproof liner!
Temperatures dropping due to the cold rain? Also zip in the thermal liner.
A cold ride with no rain? How about just the thermal liner zipped in to the shell?"

Ghazi, isn't this the description of the new Mojave 2? Grabbed it off your website. Also, do you have any 3XL or 4 XL Lombards in for sizing purposes yet or would I just order one or the other and if it doesn't fit exchange it? Thanks, Jack
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #2493
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBender View Post
"Scorching summer temperatures? Just wear the mesh shell
Rain storm in the forecast? Add the waterproof liner!
Temperatures dropping due to the cold rain? Also zip in the thermal liner.
A cold ride with no rain? How about just the thermal liner zipped in to the shell?"

Ghazi, isn't this the description of the new Mojave 2? Grabbed it off your website. Also, do you have any 3XL or 4 XL Lombards in for sizing purposes yet or would I just order one or the other and if it doesn't fit exchange it? Thanks, Jack
LOL yes i forgot to the change the word "mesh" ... The concept of the removable liner is same, layer up or down according to the weather.
The only 3XL & 4XL suits i have are the trials. We send them out to customers for confirming sizes. I can send those to you as well.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #2494
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Got any photos of the power shell color options?
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #2495
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 369
Question

I'm surprised Hi Viz isn't an option on the power shell. The top of the line safety gear should use the best safety colors if wanted as an option. Oh yeah Ghazi, PMed you!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #2496
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,714
I'd like to see a predominately black suit with high viz sections on the arms..shoulders and back. Added visibility but not so hard to keep clean etc.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #2497
Boston813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Ghazi,

I can't be the only one wondering. What suit did you wear on your trip to Mexico and how was it.

I know you are not one to blow your own horn so to speak but you can at least let us know what suit you took.
Boston813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #2498
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Mexico:
I took the Mojave 2. Without any liners and Frogg Toggs as a rain backup (too much honesty?). Honestly, the weather couldn't have been better except running into what must have been the Arlene storm on the way back. Dallas to San Antonio started off very well due to a lot of rain the previous night. As we approached Austin, the temps rose significantly and Mojave performed well. In the 75-90 degree range, the suit works really well. Above 95, its the whole insulation vs. air flow debate ( which i dont care to start off right now). Within Mexico, the temperatures were very comfortable. On the way back, it was a severe rain storm all the way from Monterrey to Laredo - just 150 miles but it took quite a toll on us. Apart form the usual stuff, i have to say this, the Forma boots "kicked" (lol) butt.. I think i would have been fine with the Lombard as well, esp within Mexico. Anything is a pain in 100+ Texas summers- you just gotta choose what makes you less uncomfortable.

Power Shell:

Hi Viz. Dupont Cordura is currently not readily available in the open market. We would have to import it ourselves but that is like committing to at least a few hundred hi viz. suits. If enough of you folks want it, we can go ahead and import it but like I said, has to be a good amount of people willing to commit a hundred percent.

We have three or four colors available. The pictures shown earlier were of the multi-tone suit. We will take also accept orders for single colored suits - black, blue, red, light gray.

teizms screwed with this post 07-06-2011 at 07:49 PM
Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #2499
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Got to see the initial prototypes of our new Navigator 2 piece suit. Its based on the Power Shell (so think Cordura, SuperFabric, Sas-Tec) with similar color schemes. Pics coming soon
Old 07-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #2500
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Looking forward to seeing it, (the two piece) and the new Power Ranger.........er.... Power Shell.
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #2501
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Navigator pants with Cordura, SuperFabric, Sas-Tec and leather panels.
(prototype not shown with listed materials)
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #2502
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

the back view
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #2503
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Another shot.
As mentioned earlier, final version will be made form Cordura, SuperFabric & Leather. Armor will be Sas-Tec including hip armor
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #2504
Boston813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Are the vents on the jacket going to get the L shaped Velcro as well or just the strip at the bottom?
Boston813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #2505
Rodan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Looks good!

Will the jacket be waist length?
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote