ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #10966
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
Hey yalll. Im slowly mending here at MCV. Looks like I'll be here for quite a while yet.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. If you want to visit, I'm happy to see you.

I thank God for sparing my life. Today is a good day.
Jimmy, it's great to hear you are on the road to recovery! Hang in there and know that you and your family are in our thoughts!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #10967
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
Sounds like a great idea.How about this Thursday night at 6:30 at the ADV Night at Kuba Kuba?? Who's in??
I'm there..........
Old 07-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #10968
SirSparkz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Fall Fireball Rally - FYI

Some inmates we met this past fall down near Deal's Gap are throwing a get together this fall. We had a great time (Xamot, Out of Range and I), and I'm totally planning on heading down for this. There are bunch of dirt and gravel trails, we rode a total of around 200 miles in a day with these guys and had a blast. So, I figured I'd cross post and see if any of the Richmond inmates were interested. Plus, if you've always wanted to go to Deal's Gap, it's about 25 minutes away from the cabins listed in the thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=698767&page=1
SirSparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #10969
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,145
Unfortunatley, I won't be able to make it to Kuba Kuba. But, I will be thinking of you all, and the cake, as I will be just a couple of miles away at my daugters recital at St. Catherine's. (For three short hours!)

I did call and gave them a heads up that they would be assaulted by a dozen hungry ADV'ers at 1830 on Thursday, but somebody who is going should call over there tomorrow and remind them as the officially don't take reservations and the few tables that they have can easily be taken by 1830.

Kuba Kuba (Ask for either Manny Mendez or Rey Alvarez)
804-355-8817
Old 07-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #10970
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,001
Quote:
I went to visit Jimmy today at MCV.He was pretty broken up-a car pulled out in front of him while he was doing about 45-50 mph on Rt522 on Father's Day not far from home.Med Flight to MCV Trauma Unit -broken leg,collapsed diaphragm and collapsed lung.Fortunately no apparent head trauma.He has a long way to go for full recovery but is in good spirits.He feels fortunate to be alive and feels God has more for him to do.His wife Deanna was there with him.He's in the MCV Main Hospital,9th Floor, room 202.He'll probably be there for at least another week before rehab can begin.Pray for healing of skin on his leg so that they can then do reconstruction.As we know he's a BIG Guy with a BIG Heart and a BIG Faith-he doesn't go by SRMN8R for nothing.God speed for complete healing JImmy.
thanks for the update. thinking of you Jim!!
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #10971
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Unfortunatley, I won't be able to make it to Kuba Kuba...but somebody who is going should call over there tomorrow and remind them as the officially don't take reservations and the few tables that they have can easily be taken by 1830.

804-355-8817
We'll miss you Eddy.I'll be glad to call on Thursday to remind them we're coming.See you all there.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #10972
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
Hey yalll. Im slowly mending here at MCV. Looks like I'll be here for quite a while yet.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. If you want to visit, I'm happy to see you.

I thank God for sparing my life. Today is a good day.

Good to see you last week Jimmy.Good to hear from you on ADV as well.Continue to get well.We're praying for complete healing.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #10973
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Iron Butt Rally Party

On the Morton's Website:

"The 2011 Iron Butt Rally is history, and friends of Morton's BMW finished in the top ten!
Roger Sinclair, riding a 2002 R 1150 GS Adventure in his second IBR, was among the leaders the entire rally and finished in 4th place! Kirsten Talken-Spaulding, riding a 2009 R 1200 RT in her rookie appearance in the IBR, put together an outstanding ride to finish in 6th as the highest-placed woman in the field!

Join us to celebrate their winning rides on Saturday at noon! "
Old 07-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #10974
Kyazak
Gamera!!

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Unfortunatley, I won't be able to make it to Kuba Kuba. But, I will be thinking of you all, and the cake, as I will be just a couple of miles away at my daugters recital at St. Catherine's. (For three short hours!)

I did call and gave them a heads up that they would be assaulted by a dozen hungry ADV'ers at 1830 on Thursday, but somebody who is going should call over there tomorrow and remind them as the officially don't take reservations and the few tables that they have can easily be taken by 1830.

804-355-8817
I am gonna have to miss out on Kuba Kuba as well. The hospital my wife works at, is making her come in that night, and I am her ride in. THey are also making her work the next day 3pm to midnight, and then the following day starting at 6am. I don't even see how thats legal that they can make her work two different shifts with only 5 hours in between. I can understand if she volunteered, but not if she is ordered to.

Also, there is quite the celebration occurring on August 7th at a little Bar called Wonderland that is currently located on Main Street. It is Me and my wifes Wedding Celebration!

We had all the legal business done earlier, and now we are doing a little ceremony/celebration thing at wonderland on august 7th at about 9 pm, and since my friend who owns the bar offered to host it, and its a horror bar, we are doing a zombie wedding. It might sound a little weird but its what we like, if anybody wants to come you are welcome to it. But just fair warning, it IS a bar, and it IS on a sunday night in case you have work early the next morning. We are gonna try to get pictures setup of course, and I will post them after I am sure.
Kyazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #10975
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Cool bike for sale

*Warning, Jeff Munn or Greg should not click on the link below or they will be out $3500!

Cool bike, no affiliation, I would like to have it but don't need it...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/2480382073.html
Old 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #10976
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

on the road/ trail tire repair

I want to get a kit to do roadside repair of the tubeless tires on my '07 BMW GSA.I'm looking at the "Cycle Pump" electronic inflator and the "Stop and Go Plugger" systems on the Best Rest Products website.Does anyone have experience with these products and/or any other suggestions?TIA
Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #10977
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,074
I'm not sold on the stop and go. Witnessed someone try to use one. Actually, they ended up trying 2 different kits and were not able to get any mushroom plug to set. Ended up ditching the stop and go and going with the rope style plugs. Bullet proof, tried and true. I think I got mine at HD. I use the slime compressor.

FWIW, I used the rope style plugs to plug a hole in my rear tire about 7k miles ago.

Garrett.
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #10978
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I want to get a kit to do roadside repair of the tubeless tires on my '07 BMW GSA.I'm looking at the "Cycle Pump" electronic inflator and the "Stop and Go Plugger" systems on the Best Rest Products website.Does anyone have experience with these products and/or any other suggestions?TIA
Greg, I have a Stop and Go Plugger I carry on the Connie, and a CA Inflator I bought at Costco years ago. Haven't had to use the PnG in actual use, but gave a tire repair "seminar" on its use at a COG National in Asheville a number of years ago.

There have been reports that steel belted tires will gnaw at the plug stem and cut it, but if the hole is prepared properly they will get you home. As with any repair of this type, cautious use of speed is mandated.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #10979
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We'll miss you Eddy.I'll be glad to call on Thursday to remind them we're coming.See you all there.
Greg, looks like you and I may be the only ones going. Everyone else seems to be bailing.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #10980
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Greg, looks like you and I may be the only ones going. Everyone else seems to be bailing.
How's the parking sitchyation at Kuba?

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote