User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #691
sboada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the outstanding service. Now for a question regarding a warm mid layer.

I am heading to Iceland in a couple of weeks for a moto trip and need to pick up a warm midlayer to wear under my RP2 jacket. Would like something not too bulky, definitely windproof and wearable of the bike for dual duty. I really like the aesthetics of Ranger jacket, but am afraid it it will be a little bulky as from the pics/video it looks like it is cut a little big, true? Are there any advantages of the Ranger of the Digital other than the Gore branding? I like the Upsilon, honestly the only thing I don't like is the big bright logo int the back, I noticed the Ranger is subdued. Not necessarily a show stopper but don't like walking around like a billboard. WIll you guys get any more Omega in and how does that stack up against the Ranger?

Thanks again for the great shop and outstanding service, keep up the good work.

Steve
sboada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #692
stin987
R1200GSA

Oddometer: 211
Want to buy sand pants but need help.

I currently have the revit defender gtx jacket and want to get pants. I am wanting to go the the sand pants for the price. I am 6'1" tall and wear size 32 jeans. I usually perfer wearing pants in 33" length. My question is should I go with the tall or standard for the length. I can't try on so need to know so I can purchase on the internet. Is the tall going to be too long or is the short going to be too short when seated on the bike?
stin987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #693
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 343
IMO i'd say go long - as I wear a 32" length pant and i'm 5'10" and the regular length is perfect. With the Sidi crossfires they ride up a little more than i'd like but that's due to the boot and the knee armour.
Painting Strom > http://tinyurl.com/kyubg68
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #694
stin987
R1200GSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stin987 View Post
I currently have the revit defender gtx jacket and want to get pants. I am wanting to go the the sand pants for the price. I am 6'1" tall and wear size 32 jeans. I usually perfer wearing pants in 33" length. My question is should I go with the tall or standard for the length. I can't try on so need to know so I can purchase on the internet. Is the tall going to be too long or is the short going to be too short when seated on the bike?

One added question. Black or white pants. I was thinking white. My jacket is the white with tan and black accents.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #695
msgvb

Oddometer: 271
REV'IT Defender - How to clean?

Hey guys,
the time has come to clean my REV'IT Defender gear. between bugs and a recent dirt nap, it's a bit gunked up.

At this point, I only need to clean the outer shell. I see the instructions on your site here. Is this for all components, including the Gore-tex and Exskin liners?

So NIKWAX Tech Wash in the tub used for soaking/washing.

Which NIKWAX product is used for the second step below? Is it the NIKWAX TX.DIRECT Spray-on?
The garment should then be hanged to dry and re-proofed with Nikwax for DWR (Durable Water Repellency) purposes.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #696
Dachary
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
One added question. Black or white pants. I was thinking white. My jacket is the white with tan and black accents.
Black if you do off-road riding and don't want mud-colored pants. White if you ride in the sun/heat a lot and don't want the heat absorption of black gear. I have the white (actually a sort of tan color) sand pants and after several offs in dirt/mud, it's never gonna be white again. But I don't care, so it doesn't bother me.
BOS -> CO - 2 dogs in a Ural - 2012
Find us on SPOT
Dachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #697
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Boot recommendation - Warm weather adventure/tour with Gortex

Anthony,

I am looking for a warm weather adventure touring boot...20% off road/80% tarmac. I like having a lug sole for the occassional loose gravel when stepping off my GS on tarmac. TCX seems to make a nice vented boot, but the bottom seems to be lacking in tread for the occasional off road adventure. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #698
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 153
Thanks Dachary

I have to agree with Dachary as the Black Pant is the better option if you have any thought of going off road. The Lighter color looks great when paired with some of the REV'IT jackets but tends to get dirty very quickly with road grime and bugs - Patrick

Quote:

Held Q&A: 2014 Held Gloves & Gear to the U.S.
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #699
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Base Layer Options

Hey Steve,

The first option that comes to mind would be the REV'IT Aztec WSP Shirt as it offers Gore-Tex Windstopper Protection in a low profile pull-over. If you prefer a full-zip option with a slimmer fit, the REV'IT Samurai WSP Jacket would be an alternate option with similar features. Both the Ranger and Digital Jackets will offer a more relaxed fit and may be too bulky under your current jacket. Unfortunately the Omega Base Layer has been discontinued. Let us know if you have any other questions and enjoy your upcoming adventure! Sounds incredible - Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboada View Post
Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the outstanding service. Now for a question regarding a warm mid layer.

I am heading to Iceland in a couple of weeks for a moto trip and need to pick up a warm midlayer to wear under my RP2 jacket. Would like something not too bulky, definitely windproof and wearable of the bike for dual duty. I really like the aesthetics of Ranger jacket, but am afraid it it will be a little bulky as from the pics/video it looks like it is cut a little big, true? Are there any advantages of the Ranger of the Digital other than the Gore branding? I like the Upsilon, honestly the only thing I don't like is the big bright logo int the back, I noticed the Ranger is subdued. Not necessarily a show stopper but don't like walking around like a billboard. WIll you guys get any more Omega in and how does that stack up against the Ranger?

Thanks again for the great shop and outstanding service, keep up the good work.

Steve

RevZilla screwed with this post 07-12-2011 at 09:36 AM
Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #700
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Sand Pant Sizing

Hey Smurf,

At first glance, the best fit would be a size Medium Tall but please check your waist measurement as REV'IT uses a true waist measurement using the belly button as a center line. I would not be concerned with the length in the Tall as in the seated the position the hem will tend to come a bit. Please take a look at the size chart to confirm your waist measurement. - Patrick

Quote:

Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #701
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Textile Cleaning

For REV'IT textile cleaning, it should be shell only with all liners and armor removed (Elbow, Shoulder, Back). The Gore-Tex Liner should not be washed with any detergents or cleaners and only wiped with damp cloth, water only. The Exkin liner can be hand washed, cold water, with a light detergent and hung dry separately. For NikWax treatment, we have found the Direct Spray-On to be the best as application is a breeze. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
Hey guys,
the time has come to clean my REV'IT Defender gear. between bugs and a recent dirt nap, it's a bit gunked up.

At this point, I only need to clean the outer shell. I see the instructions on your site here. Is this for all components, including the Gore-tex and Exskin liners?

So NIKWAX Tech Wash in the tub used for soaking/washing.

Which NIKWAX product is used for the second step below? Is it the NIKWAX TX.DIRECT Spray-on?
The garment should then be hanged to dry and re-proofed with Nikwax for DWR (Durable Water Repellency) purposes.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #702
stin987
R1200GSA

Large will barely fit me. Normal 32 jean size

First impression was great and still is after test ride.

I went with the large in standard length. With only boxers and pants with no liners intstalled I have to fully synch down the side adjusters. If I was any smaller I would be screwed, but im not. The nice thing is now I have plenty of room to add liners, layers, cargo shorts or pants (which would not be comfy), etc. I went for a ride with the pants which made the seat far more comfortable. If you think your seat is uncomfortable then try buying some revit pants. Jeans or cargo pants just cause too much discomfort. I would buy the sand pants again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hey Smurf,

At first glance, the best fit would be a size Medium Tall but please check your waist measurement as REV'IT uses a true waist measurement using the belly button as a center line. I would not be concerned with the length in the Tall as in the seated the position the hem will tend to come a bit. Please take a look at the size chart to confirm your waist measurement. - Patrick
Old 07-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #703
stin987
R1200GSA

Knee armor in sand pants

When installing the knee armor in the rev'it sand pants what is the purpose of the velcro at the top and bottom section of the pouch. I noticed with the knee armor removed the velcro sticks together but when installed the velcro does nothing. The knee armor does not seem to be adjustable. Is it? When walking the armor is really low but when seated it seems to be ok. I'm sure this is with all pants.

See pics of velco below.

[IMG][/IMG]

The velco I speak of is at the far right of the pouch pictured below.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #704
brian83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
i'm looking at picking up the sand jacket/pants soon but was wondering about the sleeve zippers. i've seen some pictures of people's sand jackets with a buttoning flap over the sleeve zippers to prevent them from coming undone and then some without this flap. are the current ones available through revzilla coming with those flaps on them?
brian83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #705
Dachary
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I'll put in my $0.02 cuz I think the great guys at RevZilla are still getting settled after the BMW MOA Rally (great job, btw, guys!)

Re: the Velcro in the armor pouch - thats how you adjust the armor. If you need it higher in the pants, close one or both of the Velcro strips under the armor so it can't slide all the way down the pouch. For lower position, close the Velcro at the top of the armor pouch. Low-tech but totally works.

Re: the sleeves on the Sand jacket - mine, sadly, lacks that button and unzips itself frequently at highway speeds. Drives me crazy. But the updated version that RevZilla is selling now (which I saw at the rally and am SO JEALOUS) has the button snap, so I think you'll be covered if you order one now. But you can always call the guys to confirm when you order - they're more than happy to answer stuff like that.

Still loving my Sand, btw, in spite of the sleeve zippers, but I'm running the Rotor pants right now and I've gotta say the venting is far superior to the Sand. Threw in some D3O armor and I'm feeling plenty protected. But I continue to stick with the Rev'It! gear because I feel like they put a lot of thought into features/developing. And their service is great.
BOS -> CO - 2 dogs in a Ural - 2012
Find us on SPOT
Dachary is offline   Reply With Quote