Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #6466
ChrisC
Molon Labe

Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
After seeing that sweet white/black adv,, got me thinking about creepers white adventure.. does anybody have any pictures of that when she was all finished.. I searched and only saw some early white/black pics,, no all whites with the custom seat.. That one was his I believe? if not I'm sure somebody knows who's that would be.. I sold my 625sxc for a 450exc and regret ever doing so.. sure its better off road.. but I just got word I have disc issues in my L4-5 and may not be able to ride as aggressive as I was for quite some time.. Something I could ride a bit farther on the slab would be really nice.. and the 640adv is such a great bike..... yes I'm kicking myself.. my LC4 was super fun.. and the new owner said no about selling her back..
I have some pics of the old Creeper 640A v2.0 some place. I think they are after his infamous "bridge crossing - a bride too far" get-off, so they should be the final iteration of his Adventure while still in his possession. Now I just gotta find 'em...
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #6467
sjeproductions
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Water Crossings...

Sometimes checking the depth of the water is not an option. In those situations, just pin it and pray!!!

sjeproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #6468
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
my 07 ktm 640

finally posting a pic of my 07 that I picked up about 2 yrs. ago.
pic is from last year riding in SE Ind.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #6469
MeRide
Me like bikes!

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
I'm looking at an '07 640 and after a short ride the engine noise is very disconserting. A lot like my wr450 only worse. Is it normal for this motor to spin up off the bottom more like a Harly than a dirtbike? At 350 lbs I figured it would be a bit of a dog but it surprised me at how the acceleration was so slow. Over say 2k rpms it started to get it done pretty good but that first 0-1500 rpms was weak. Keep in mind I've never ridden a tank like this before so I don't really have anything to compare it to.
The factory idle spec is 1600rpm so I would image that 0-1500rpm would be ignition off. It's not a Harley so needs rpm's to breath....downshift into a lower gear and throttle up. They don't like to be lugged. Try riding it @3000rpm and above then check back in here with your findings.

Fall ride on a 1935 motorsickle
MeRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #6470
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
finally posting a pic of my 07 that I picked up about 2 yrs. ago.
pic is from last year riding in SE Ind.
What plate is that on your rear fender rack?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #6471
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRide View Post
The factory idle spec is 1600rpm
The manual for my 2005 model says 1400-1500rpm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.
warewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #6472
Sweat-n-Dust
n00b

Oddometer: 0
51 tooth on rear

Anyone w/experience 15x51 final gearing on the enduro r? any changes to the chain guard w/51 tooth on rear?
Sweat-n-Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #6473
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
What plate is that on your rear fender rack?
Enduro, it's from tt. got it used last year on this site.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #6474
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
Enduro, it's from tt. got it used last year on this site.
Thanks.

Good looking bike.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #6475
Ando74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
640 ADV popping on decel

Hey all, Having a few issues with my 03 640 A. Up until recently she had been running fine and only had a small amount of muffled popping on deceleration. This problem has increased slowly to the point where it now pops loudly whenever i back off. It has also become hard to start without choke even when warmed up and is idling very roughly. Obviously it is running lean but what would cause such a condition to affect it when previously it had been running fine?
Any ideas as to where i should begin to look for the problem?
As far as i know the engine is standard, the snorkel is still in the airbox and it has a staintune muffler which i usually run with the baffle in place. I have no idea what the jetting specs are but i assume they are in the ballpark because the bike had been running nicely beforehand.
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Ando74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #6476
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 278
Eh? Popping

Check all the exhaust joins , if thay suck air in at a join thay do pop alot. You might have to re jet the carb to the mods in the 640 thread. I have the full Staintune exhaust from the head to the tip , the carby is jetted and moded and all the joins are tight it still pops a bit and have been told that it shoots flames .
I have found with the flames it can be how it is ridden ?????
Tezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando74 View Post
Hey all, Having a few issues with my 03 640 A. Up until recently she had been running fine and only had a small amount of muffled popping on deceleration. This problem has increased slowly to the point where it now pops loudly whenever i back off. It has also become hard to start without choke even when warmed up and is idling very roughly. Obviously it is running lean but what would cause such a condition to affect it when previously it had been running fine?
Any ideas as to where i should begin to look for the problem?
As far as i know the engine is standard, the snorkel is still in the airbox and it has a staintune muffler which i usually run with the baffle in place. I have no idea what the jetting specs are but i assume they are in the ballpark because the bike had been running nicely beforehand.
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #6477
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,329
99 LC4 640e

You guys ever seen something like this?. Had the bike in the shop to sort out a leak around the counter shaft Just before my trip. 50 miles later saw my front sprocket going down the trail next to me???? Glad the chain did not wad up and lock the rear. Never a good time to happen - day 2 of a week long dirt bike trip.

Made me wonder if the chain was too tight or if the shop did something?? I was jumping it some and just giving it the usual hell but have never had something like this happen. To make it the mile back to camp I used the heal of my boot to hold the sprocket in place. The bike has never let me down in 12 years. Sucks!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #6478
Tseta
Lost

Oddometer: 669
Shop fixed the leak by changing the seal, but used the old sprocket screw (or overtorqued the new screw)?

A new screw, with the spring washer, is only a few bucks/euros....

-T
Tseta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #6479
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,333
ouch, you lucky !!

that isnt going to be a cheap fix either....

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #6480
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,129
$3900 FOR AN '08 WITH 15,000 MILES. Good deal? Is it about time for stuff to start breaking? I'm guessing that this bike has very little dirt miles but can't be certain. The bike is in pretty good shape overall. There's some built up oil and gunk around the breather hose by the left foot peg but other than that it all looks in order.

Can these bikes be ridden in the dirt/mud with that low front fender? I have read where rocks get lodged in there and break the fender.
How much should it cost to do the high fender mod?
Will I have to replace all the hydro lines if I put on a set of bar risers that are about 2 inches higher and an inch out towards the front? At 5'10 200.lbs I find the stock bar position unbearbly low and way too close.

I know all these Questions are somewhere in the index thread but finiding them is a pain in the ass.
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote