Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #2821
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,910
Hey Erik ..Thanks for the freebie to Harry Potter. I had a great time and finally met Mr Egg...Eggy. I know he had a cool time too. he saw my ST and had fond memories of the 3 Amigos from ST-Owners that took Eggy all the way down to Belieze... Heres Eggy eggin on the band for an encore

Naturally Eggy had to check out and approve of my ST which he gave 2 yolks up! Bon Voyage MR Egg safe travels and I'm sure our paths will cross again

STBNE screwed with this post 07-15-2011 at 05:23 AM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #2822
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Drop delay

So I had planned to make the drop today but there's been a delay. About half an hour before I wanted to leave (bike was packed, gear was on, just sipping coffee enjoying the morning) we got a phone call. My mother-in-law had a tumble and had been admitted to the hospital. Long story short she broke her wrist, shattered a hip, and did something to her spine. Been at the hospital most of the day. She's on the surgery rotation for this weekend and it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere till next week.

I believe in serendipity, so, if the fates stepped in to keep me from riding today there must be a good reason.

I'll make the drop as soon as I can get away, probably early next week.

Here's your mother-in-law. Here's your mother-in-law on Morphine. Any questions?

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #2823
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
So I had planned to make the drop today but there's been a delay. About half an hour before I wanted to leave (bike was packed, gear was on, just sipping coffee enjoying the morning) we got a phone call. My mother-in-law had a tumble and had been admitted to the hospital. Long story short she broke her wrist, shattered a hip, and did something to her spine. Been at the hospital most of the day. She's on the surgery rotation for this weekend and it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere till next week.

I believe in serendipity, so, if the fates stepped in to keep me from riding today there must be a good reason.

I'll make the drop as soon as I can get away, probably early next week.

Here's your mother-in-law. Here's your mother-in-law on Morphine. Any questions?
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I am sure Eggy will enjoy some hospital food. Plus, Family first.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #2824
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
There's gold in them hills...and an egg to be grabbed.

The discovery of gold in the Uwharries in 1799 led to Americas first gold rush. They are thought to be the the oldest mountains on earth and formed approximately 500 Million years ago as part of the Gondwanan plate. At their peak they were over 20,000 feet tall joining the continent to the eastern seabed. Today they peak at just over 1,100 feet and are known for their top quality clays and pottery producing communities that ring their foothills.

Egg wanted to go see these cool mountains, so I took him for a ride. We purchased an OHV pass and had some fun in the ORV area as well as on the forest service roads.

Well it's been great riding with Egg but after a good day getting dirty and dusty in the mountains we decided that it was time to find a spot for the egg drop.

So we went here (Art Lilley Campground)...

And followed the road till it ended at the campground...

After parking we hopped the fence and went into the clearing directly behind the bike.

We then turned around once we entered the clearing and looked back in the direction we came from. Egg decided he wanted to be dropped off at the Rock next to the Big Log.

I tucked him in nicely under one corner of the rock.

There's something for everyone within a few miles of this tag. Camping, hiking, and fishing abound. Gas up, get supplies, a road/trail map, and URE stickers at the Eldorado Outpost. You can also get your $5 ORV permit here if you want to ride the trails as well as the roads.

Out of consideration for every ones different bikes I posted the tag on an easily ridden well graded and maintained Forest Service Road. It's about 5 miles of easy gravel/dirt to get to the tag spot...and you get to ride one of the official OHV roads to get there.

Here is what the road conditions entail...

Not too difficult. I have a friend who did it on a scooter and I saw an entire pack of Harleys out there today as well as trucks pulling RVs. It may be a small challenge for some bikes but this is Adv after all.

Anyone who wants to tackle a much bigger challenge, you can hop on the OHV trails not to far from the Eldorado Outpost and follow them all the way to the Art Lilley parking lot/camping area where Egg is at instead of just riding the Forest Service Roads. Theirs a fun mud pit you can tackle on the trail just off the entrance to the parking lot

Flashback screwed with this post 07-16-2011 at 02:56 PM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #2825
CDCSlim
Rock On

Oddometer: 450

Nice drop Flashback. I hope everything is going well with the family.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #2826
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,078
C'mon guys! This is close enough that I could melt over there and pick up my fried Eggy sandwich this weekend.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #2827
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
C'mon guys! This is close enough that I could melt over there and pick up my fried Eggy sandwich this weekend.

melt on Bro......
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #2828
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Do I hear you saying it's TOO CLOSE??!! That's a different tale than what we heard last May.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #2829
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Relaxing in the pool

Eggy is relaxing in the pool, then he will give an update.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #2830
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Congrats!

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 07-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #2831
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

The Grab

The trek to the location of the drop was quite an adventure. The gel seat is worth every penny. My journey to find Eggy turned out to be a lot longer due to a wrong turn or three but eventually I made it here.

When I got to the parking lot I could hear a cry for help, away I went and guess who jumped out from behind a rock. My first order of business when greeting Eggy was to inform him about FlashBack, since he last possessed Eggy. FlashBack had a "get off" last week, a spiral fracture of his right leg, ending his riding season. But I told Eggy from the reports we have recieved the surgery went well and the screws are in place to hold his leg together. We said a prayer for FlashBack wishing him a quick recoverery.

So, we loaded up for the ride back. Eggy wanted to ride on the tank until we hit the pavement.

Off we went, before hitting the slab for the journey back, Eggy said he wanted a drink and a snack.

I tucked him into the tank bag so he could sight see on the way to the hills.

It didnt take long before Eggy saw his first sight and wanted to check out this old train.

Back on the road we went. Eggy enjoying the sights From the Highway

Through the city

Then More Highway when Eggy saw Pilot Mountian and wanted to stop and get his picture taken

When we finally made it home all he wanted to do was rest in the pool.

But tomorrow is another day, we will go to work then seeing how excited Eggy got about seeing the mountians I will find his new hiding spot.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #2832
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Prayers sent for Flashback.

Nice ride. I like the Pilot Mtn. pic.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #2833
BmwRudy
Braaaaaaaaaap, BRAAAAAAP!

Oddometer: 1,041
Nice get KingJarhead!!!!!! Up to the mountains ey? Im lookin for a destination,

77' DT 250, 79' GS 1000L, 86' TW 200, 98'DR 350, 05' Dakar, 09 GSA
BmwRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #2834
Davis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Nice grab! Just in time too.
Now I have to decide where else to go today.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #2835
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,910
KJH... Excellent!!!
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote