Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #6481
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando74 View Post
Hey all, Having a few issues with my 03 640 A. Up until recently she had been running fine and only had a small amount of muffled popping on deceleration.
Check the vacuum lines for the fuel pump, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #6482
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,249
What a fun bike!
Attached Images

motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #6483
Brokein2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
After seeing that sweet white/black adv,, got me thinking about creepers white adventure.. does anybody have any pictures of that when she was all finished.. I searched and only saw some early white/black pics,, no all whites with the custom seat.. That one was his I believe? if not I'm sure somebody knows who's that would be.. I sold my 625sxc for a 450exc and regret ever doing so.. sure its better off road.. but I just got word I have disc issues in my L4-5 and may not be able to ride as aggressive as I was for quite some time.. Something I could ride a bit farther on the slab would be really nice.. and the 640adv is such a great bike..... yes I'm kicking myself.. my LC4 was super fun.. and the new owner said no about selling her back..
This one?

It is owned by my brother and amazes me every time I see it. My brother spruced it up a bit, but it was an amazing bike even when he first got it. Creeper actually lives by him and knows he has it...
Brokein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #6484
Cruiser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokein2 View Post
This one?

It is owned by my brother and amazes me every time I see it. My brother spruced it up a bit, but it was an amazing bike even when he first got it. Creeper actually lives by him and knows he has it...
That is just one sexy 640!!
For some reason I thought creepers was all white,, with grey graphics and a grey/white seat.. but this looks sweet.. I'm seeing my back Dr monday for a update on my disc issue.. and then deciding on the bike route of the summer.. If I cant ride my 450 this summer out it goes and back to an LC4 or the 690 version.. I would like a 950/990 but dont see that happening with all the Dr bills rolling in.. There is a sweet 640 adv for sale kinda local for about what my 450 will sell for.. so I'm thinking hard about this.. and white would be a nice change of pace..
97 GG 250ec-for sale,, just email me if interested
Fleetwood neon for sale
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #6485
Yer Maun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Signed all the paperwork on an 07 today. Will be back on two wheels tomorrow
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #6486
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,341
i will say the same thing i said to Creeper, YOU NEED TO GET THAT THING DIRTY!!!!

sweet looking bike, Creep sure knew what he was doing.

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #6487
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,272
[QUOTE=laramie LC4;16354637]i will say the same thing i said to Creeper, YOU NEED TO GET THAT THING DIRTY!!!!

Think your momma had a one nighter with a Honda...........Sweet look'n ride
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #6488
Brokein2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
i will say the same thing i said to Creeper, YOU NEED TO GET THAT THING DIRTY!!!!

sweet looking bike, Creep sure knew what he was doing.

laramie
He didn't want to get it too dirty on this ride cause he was sleeping with it...

It goes out and gets thrashed...but cleans up well.
Brokein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #6489
990Louis
ADV rider

Oddometer: 18
Talking

Hi guys got myself one of the last 640 adventure's ... End of last year it's on a 2007 plate but I guess it was made in 06
Uk bike
Done some mods
Chris Barnes Carbon tank protectors
Renthal fat bars (black)
Akrapovic end can
Great bike lots of fun
Already got a 990 adventure, loved the offroad side so bought this coz I thought it would be cheaper to drop...
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #6490
liferider
Never It's enough

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
$3900 FOR AN '08 WITH 15,000 MILES. Good deal? Is it about time for stuff to start breaking? I'm guessing that this bike has very little dirt miles but can't be certain. The bike is in pretty good shape overall. There's some built up oil and gunk around the breather hose by the left foot peg but other than that it all looks in order.

Can these bikes be ridden in the dirt/mud with that low front fender? I have read where rocks get lodged in there and break the fender.
How much should it cost to do the high fender mod?
Will I have to replace all the hydro lines if I put on a set of bar risers that are about 2 inches higher and an inch out towards the front? At 5'10 200.lbs I find the stock bar position unbearbly low and way too close.

I know all these Questions are somewhere in the index thread but finiding them is a pain in the ass.

Hey, Sparrow, I will answer only about some of the issues I know, just to let you know we take good care of KTM 640 ADV's owners here. About the rest of your questions, other inmates will appear anytime, that's for sure.

-- Price: don't know, I'm in Patagonia (and would be a great deal if it was here!)
-- Dirt riding, how much? I think you can see detalis like the skid plate. it's alu and mine got quickly marked by the stones which are constantly sent up-backwards by the front wheel. Also you can check the side front borders of the fuel tank and the deflectors of the whater radiator for the same marks, but I really wouldn't pay much attention to its off road use 'cause these bikes were born for the dirt. I think is pretty more critical the good care she might received or not.
-- Time to break: mine is 45.000Kms (28K miles), and it's all running smoothly until now (except for one or two minor issues). And as far as I have been reading here, 15.000 miles are no problem for a well maintained bike, generally speaking.
-- Oil around the breather hose: sorry, don't know.
-- I have a crazy short-low/high fender combination, and most of those 45.000kms are off road: no problem with rocks. Dakar bikes actually still use the low fender so we can assume it's not an issue. On the other hand, I have read that the real problem is the excesive mud, but I can't say a word about this 'cause Patagonia is pretty dry.
-- Bar risers: I have read here there's no need to change the cables and hydro lines, but you have to re arrange the way they go down instead.

Well, I hope the cavalry will get here soon, before we run out of ammunition...
Cheers!
liferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #6491
axehead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I think my bike is the worst here. I own most of a 640 ADV

axehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #6492
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
This one?

That is some sweet ass 640adv bike pRon right there .....

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #6493
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,418
Thumb

Quote:
This one?

I know this bike is beautiful and has been posted many times.

My question is--where does one get the gray center stand with the handy lever attached to the left leg so you can get the heavy critter up on the center stand easier?

I have a 2001 and it does not have that, I have seen it on the 07's but being it is gray are they available that way on the 2003's???

And if so, is there really a reason that a 2003 center stand wouldn't fit on my 2001???

Thanks in advance.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #6494
alongat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
I know this bike is beautiful and has been posted many times.

My question is--where does one get the gray center stand with the handy lever attached to the left leg so you can get the heavy critter up on the center stand easier?

I have a 2001 and it does not have that, I have seen it on the 07's but being it is gray are they available that way on the 2003's???

And if so, is there really a reason that a 2003 center stand wouldn't fit on my 2001???

Thanks in advance.
My 2005 has that grey center stand - I believe they came with them after 2003. SW-Motech builds a retrofit if you want one.

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #6495
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,418
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
My 2005 has that grey center stand - I believe they came with them after 2003. SW-Motech builds a retrofit if you want one.
Thanks for the info.

Will look to see who is cheapest, SW or an original wait 3 months 2005 straight from Austria center stand!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is online now   Reply With Quote