Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,132
Something Odd Happened

Something odd happened to me on my outing a week ago. Checked the tires before leaving home and all pressures were spot on. Not a big surprise since I use Ride-On tire sealant and my tires rarely need to be topped off. Drove about 30 leisurely miles to a gas station, mostly on 35mph-type paved roads but also a couple of 55mph paved stretches. Rig felt fine the whole time. But when I stopped for gas my front tire was flat. Not a little soft--totally flat!

First of all--thumbs up for my Heidenau K60 Scout that not only stayed on the rim with no air, but didn't even give me any shakes or shimmies.

Filled the tire and checked for punctures/leaks. Found none. Just a little bit of seepage between the tire and the rim that I figured would go away as soon as I got going and the bead got better seated. Did about 100 more miles that day, including about 20 miles of dirt/gravel, stopping frequently to check the tire. No loss of pressure. Now, a week later, and the tire is still holding at 30 lbs which is how much I put in at the gas station that morning.

What's up with that? How did I manage to deflate my front tire without puncturing it or damaging it?
4XKPN - sold
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote