Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #436
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I've loved everything about this bike, but man looking at that exhaust, muffler routing, that's gotta get hot on your feet? No?
Actually, I was thinking the exhaust routing is almost identical (from the pegs back) to a Ducati ST4.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #437
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
Actually, I was thinking the exhaust routing is almost identical (from the pegs back) to a Ducati ST4.
Yeah I guess you're right...

Never thought about it but most of the ST bikes have their pipe routed there, the FJR and Honda ST just have the pipe tucked in a little tighter or under the motor. Maybe it's just the camera angle but it looks like the pipe is running right under the footpeg. Will just have to ride one and see I guess. Hurry up and finish it guys.

Having it routed there kinda looks like it must be a slimmer bike than an FJR or ST as well, not a bad thing.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #438
merc16
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Thanks Kirb!

I'll email them to set up a tour. That would be so cool!
merc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #439
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,149
Go AZ deal

I was picking up a bike for my dad and saw all these people standing around two bikes. I walked over to check them out.

I had never heard of Motus before today. The bikes look to be well made. The engine looks pretty cool, I am a hot rod guy so the little ls valve covers caught my attention first. It sounds just as cool as it looks. The transmission is driven off a bevel gear on the crank so it does whine a little. Sounds like gear drive cam on a small block chevy, or a roots blower type whine. I sat on it and it feels light, must have a pretty low center of gravity. The bike feels very narrow when you sit on it as well. A little more upright riding position compared to the Duc st4s. Very simple execution and well put together in my opinion. 160hp and 120ft/lbs of torque sound good too.

I really liked the bike as did most of the people that were there. It looks like they will have some demo bikes to ride once they get geared up for production.

I imagine they are gonna be expensive my guess is 20k+.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #440
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
I like it with the red valve covers and the white paint job.
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #441
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
I have an ST3, and the pipe routing looks to be about the same, and with my logger-heeled boots, I sometimes will just barely touch the part of the exhaust that just expands from the pipe to the muffler. Have never had any problems with my feet getting hot.

Now the tank, and the front of the seat getting hot from the vertical cylinder, well... all I have to say is that in 90*+ temps and slow traffic... OH DEAR LORD DON'T LET ME END UP WITH ROASTED NUTS!!!!

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #442
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc16 View Post
See post #431, Olie. I wish they had something at Birmingham, but the online map doesn't list anything for there.

Olie, how did you like the bike in person?
Everyone else like the bike very much so. Personally, although I liked it but not enough to buy one. BTW, those 2 prototypes are ... prototypes. The final product will be better detailed obviously. Click link for more pics...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=229806&page=3

It reminded me, the Futura/Sprint ST/ST3 bikes. As I ride long distances 2up with wife, the layout is not appealing to me, especially the pillion and rear luggage. Also, being 6'-3 260# and wife 5'-8, passenger room seemed to be an issue although I had enough room when solo.

If I were to buy a SPORT-touring bike, I would take the K12S, VFR12, ZX-14 or Busa. A few weeks ago I tried the VFR12 but my aging wristes voted down in less than 30 minutes. The fit and the finishing on the VFR is the best I have ever seen.

So far I have a great combination, C14 with a Tuono although the Tuono eventually will be replaced with a friendlier knee bike.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #443
xcgates
Whaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post
...It reminded me, the Futura/Sprint ST/ST3 bikes. As I ride long distances 2up with wife, the layout is not appealing to me, especially the pillion and rear luggage. Also, being 6'-3 260# and wife 5'-8, passenger room seemed to be an issue although I had enough room when solo...
What specifically do you not like about the pillion and rear luggage? (I ride an ST3, so am a bit curious about the categorization)

Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #444
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgates View Post
What specifically do you not like about the pillion and rear luggage? (I ride an ST3, so am a bit curious about the categorization)
The rear trunk needs to be mounted in a cantilever braket up in the air. Not that much different than a Futura or a Sprint ST. My wife will not ride without a secured trunk as a backrest. The rear seat seems short (length) for 2up with taller/heavier people.

It took a lot of work to make my C14 comfortable to my wife, from C10 pegs with extenders, a Sargent seat, repositioning of the Shad trunk including re-drlling of the mounting metal plate, etc. Meanwhile my previous touring bike, CapoNord, had ZERO mods for the pillion other than the OEM trunk. The Capo is still the gold standard for my wife.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #445
Crow
Corvid

Oddometer: 1,288
A few pics from yesterday.

I had a great time speaking with President and Co-founder Lee Conn, on a variety of subjects surrounding the motorcycle.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #446
merc16
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Wow!
merc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #447
beeper
Badger tickler

Oddometer: 767
Loving the pics, thanks!

This is a bike I could sit and stare at in the garage for hours, when I'm not riding it of course.

I really hope they are a success and I can get the chance to own one.
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #448
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Something I cant figure out, Every one is talking about how this bike will be to expensive and such with a price tag of 18-22k. I work with guys who have more than that tied up in Gold wings, Harley, and Big Dogs. We are not going to even mention the guys spending 30k on a bass boat they might use 5 times a year.
Yes it is a neat bike, it might cost some money but as I see it if you want it get it. It is too much for you dont get it. save money and buy something else but enjoy the bike for what it is.
I saw a guy ride by me in a Lotus yesterday and that was a damm neat car, I hope he enjoys it.
I hope I see some Motus's over the next few years. In a year or two i might even have one. and it will be a daily driver
Old 07-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #449
xcgates
Whaaa?

Part of the problem are those who have never bought a new vehicle (me) and have no stomach to spend the $$$$ on a new vehicle.

However we do nothing to stimulate sales numbers, as we wait for used models to show up.

I'll put it this way, I have never spent more than $9k on a vehicle (4 vehicles). My daily ride for two years cost $1k. Never taken a loan out for one, in other words, my economic considerations with a vehicle are not typical of an average American. (Nor of a typical person in many other countries, I suspect.)

Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #450
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,270
+1

Debt is bad, cash is king.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgates View Post
Part of the problem are those who have never bought a new vehicle (me) and have no stomach to spend the $$$$ on a new vehicle.

However we do nothing to stimulate sales numbers, as we wait for used models to show up.

I'll put it this way, I have never spent more than $9k on a vehicle (4 vehicles). My daily ride for two years cost $1k. Never taken a loan out for one, in other words, my economic considerations with a vehicle are not typical of an average American. (Nor of a typical person in many other countries, I suspect.)