ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2011, 04:24 AM   #38326
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post
There is acres of parking to the right after you come in the main gate. There is also parking in the infield past the vendors. I would pick the infield unless your planning on buying in the swap meet.
Last bike event at MO I attended, the infield was motorcycle only

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #38327
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Even if you gotta park in the far back 40, they should have the courtesy trailers pulled around to pick people up and run them to the midway. I seen them all over giving people rides last weekend.

Cool I guess I just never noticed where they put the cars but I was trying to imagine driving through the infield and finding parking. THanks

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #38328
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,771
Just got back from Bootleg....awesome trails this time around, hills galore and great single track! Rode a bit with Mgorman and Alacrity, watched some of the Caveman challenge and enjoyed every bit of it.

Tho it seems like a "not a big deal" thing, I rode the entire thing and that was a personal goal I took 6 months of working out and improving my health to accomplish. Last year I got 30 miles in, crashed hard, and by lunch felt like complete trash...I was miserable and sore. This year I rode it all, felt good and instead of coming home and feeling like someone beat the crap out of me I feel pretty good.

I stuck the bike REALLY good in a mud pit that took 4 guys to unfuck, which sapped a lot of my energy, and bruised the holy hell out of my throttle hand, but overall I had a super day and kept the bike upright all day long.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #38329
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
I'm inspired by the swingset BBA2, so I was out riding around the gravel in the Ales Run Wilderness today, took some air out of the tires before I went out in the gravel and I thought it was a giant help.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #38330
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Back from the ashes?

Who is selling motorcycles (or ATVs) in what was Hinds Performance Motorsports in Delaware?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #38331
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
Who is selling motorcycles (or ATVs) in what was Hinds Performance Motorsports in Delaware?
I think it is called Maxx Motors or Motorcycle Maxx. I am certain on "MaXX" being part of it. They had some creative adds last fall on Craigslist. It said something along the lines of...if you want a motorcycle but the wife wont let you have one, buy from us and storage is free. Tell her you're going out with the guys and come ride your bike.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #38332
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
I'm inspired by the swingset BBA2, so I was out riding around the gravel in the Ales Run Wilderness today, took some air out of the tires before I went out in the gravel and I thought it was a giant help.

more details please...pictures would be good too...you were stroming it right? what pressures did you go with?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #38333
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Hey sion!

Didn't take any pics, was on my V-Strom that you didn't get to see me drop a whole bunch of times because of your mechanical issues, but you would have enjoyed it and and helped pick me up.

I'm currently running 35 F 38 R cold on pavement, just what I had on in the BBA2

I dropped them to 28/30, no logic, I just picked numbers. I thought the difference was huge/amazing in gravel. The worst I was on today was not quite as bad as the Batwing, (or Batwhatever,) section of swingsets BB2. I missed on one real sharp and steep (and slippery,) corner at the bottom of a hill. I had everything locked up and couldn't get it turned. I had room to run off so I did. I was probably looking at the run off area which caused me to target fix and miss in the first place. I rode about 50 gravel today and saw 1 car, nice lady who stopped and chatted, she thought I was lost.

I'm saying almost any dirt road in Noble, Washington or Noble County is going to be pretty cool.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #38334
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
Just got done putting my clutch together again with parts from a donor bike. There was so much play in it that the lever is pulled all the way in and i'm still not getting much spring action. What gives.

btw i counted all the parts looked at the fiche and had a friend who races motocross and had done this several times look at it and we are all stumped. I even added an extra metal plate up against the outside and it still wouldn't take off with the lever let out. maybe i should keep adding plates?
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #38335
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,463
Quote:
The worst I was on today was not quite as bad as the Batwing, (or Batwhatever,) section of swingsets BB2.
Bat's Nest Rd.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #38336
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Hey sion!

Didn't take any pics, was on my V-Strom that you didn't get to see me drop a whole bunch of times because of your mechanical issues, but you would have enjoyed it and and helped pick me up.

I'm currently running 35 F 38 R cold on pavement, just what I had on in the BBA2

I dropped them to 28/30, no logic, I just picked numbers. I thought the difference was huge/amazing in gravel
typically, people run off road tires at pressures around 15-20, or roughly half as much as road tires...and when on sand even lower, down to 10 or even 8 psi in some cases. on my XR, I run em at 18-20 which is a good compromise...not so soft that I'm liable to get a pinch flat, but soft enough for most of the dirt and gravel here in Ohio. depending on what kinda tires you have on the Strom, you might be able to go lower than 28, the lower the psi, the softer the ride, which as you've discovered, helps a lot off the tarmac...but you'd wanna pump em back up to 35/38 once you get back on the paved stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_detonator View Post
Just got done putting my clutch together again with parts from a donor bike. There was so much play in it that the lever is pulled all the way in and i'm still not getting much spring action. What gives.
dumb question, but just to make sure you havent overlooked the obvious...have you checked/adjusted the cable/lever?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #38337
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
I can't believe that Sion didn't mention that he finally got to ride part of Swingset's BBA II route yesterday too. Had him doing some breakin miles on the new Super Sherpa and me on the KTM690. Put over 200 miles with lots of backroads and gravel on the way up and back. Happened to stumble on some sections of the Bootleg and looked like they had some nice routes set up. Rode across the walkway of a bridge under construction and was chased by several dogs. For some reason the dogs really hated me on the 690 but in both cases they totally ignored Sion on the Sherpa. I think the Sherpa may have some cloaking or stealth device installed. Decided on this ride that I need to do something with the seat on the 690. Better than the last time I put more than 100 miles on it, and was able to do about 150 miles on the GS-A today with the wife, but it is just brutal and I know sion was feeling the Sherpa too. Par for the course, stopped for one picture.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #38338
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
dumb question, but just to make sure you havent overlooked the obvious...have you checked/adjusted the cable/lever?

yes forgot to mention my adjustments are on the take up the most space in the loop possible mode.

ony thing i could imagine is that i would have to either add some kind of spacer or adjust the action at/on the splines.
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #38339
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Just got back from Bootleg....awesome trails this time around, hills galore and great single track! Rode a bit with Mgorman and Alacrity, watched some of the Caveman challenge and enjoyed every bit of it.

I stop to take the dudes picture, he blows by me on the gas and never looked back. I'm sure he'll just say something like "all you KTM riders look the same"

Met Alacrity and another Oh-Adv rider but his name slips my sun fried brain. I believe he has the 990 at the Swingset's BB2 last weekend.

The trails were sweet. Been years since I got to ride a little bike on such nice trails. I usually ride to and from the trails on the 640 which is about as svelte as Opra, the 250 felt like a motorized mountain bike.

Swing, did you get your phone back? Jack Penton found it and was asking at lunch who lost it. I figured it couldn't be yours, he was ahead of you. Then back at the lot, a guy came though yelling your name holding a phone. I showed him your car and gave a bike description, he said he'd wait for you to come back.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #38340
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
The worst I was on today was not quite as bad as the Batwing, (or Batwhatever,)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Bat's Nest Rd.
Damn embedding is disabled.

http://youtu.be/n6PAUSlCLXM
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote