ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #16
RXV_Poor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RXV_Poor's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Jackson, CA
Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins
Hello all. I spoke with the powers that be and discussed the ADVRider discount and wanted to post those details as soon as possible. All ADV Rider members who purchase $1000.00 or more on an order will receive a 10% discount. We will need you to list in the comments section when checking out your ADV Rider user name for our records. I really fought for $500.00 or more and will honor it for the customers who have already put an order through with us but from today going forward it will be $1000.00. I will always be available to provide hopefully some of the best knowledge and customer service in the industry and all of you are more than welcome to hit me up with questions and concerns. We would really appreciate any good or negative feedback so that we can make this site what you want. Have a great day and keep the adventure alive.

Ron
Thanks
__________________
02 Aprilia Mille
06 KTM 525XC
06 KTM 950 ADV S
07 KTM 525EXC
07 Aprilia RXV 550
AMA, BLC, D36, IMBA, STM
Disclaimer:

I'm impulsive, hard headed and sometimes really stupid. Please do not take anything I say or do as a "correct thing" or a "fix" as it could be harmful to your wallet or person.
RXV_Poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #17
jamesbrown
Lefty tighty.
 
jamesbrown's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Oddometer: 6,413
The discount is one thing, but good communication is more important, and the guys at KTMtwins have that one down.
jamesbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #18
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbrown
The discount is one thing, but good communication is more important, and the guys at KTMtwins have that one down.
That is certainly a BIG plus....... good to know the people your speaking with know what the frig your talking about.
I have used Champion Cycles for my sons KTM 85 SX and also added a few odds and ends for my 950. They were VERY helpful and also gave me a discount (thanks to my sons race sponsorship program..... 20%. Maybe I should price a set of FMF pipes for the big ole' nine fiddy. )
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #19
madrid mark
migrant film worker
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Madrid N.M.
Oddometer: 282
great service!
__________________
Old age is the most unexpected of all things that happen to a man.

Anarchism is a game at which the Police can beat you.
madrid mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #20
ganshert
not sleeping
 
ganshert's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 8,012
I just placed an order and put in there that I was from advrider just so you guys at ktmtwins can get a feel for how much traffic is coming your way from this site.

It wasn't a $1000 order so I'm not expecting a discount. Just wanted you to know where I heard of you.
ganshert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #21
theturtleshead
Tits on a fish
 
theturtleshead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Medellin Colombia ain,t nowhere better
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins
Hello all. I spoke with the powers that be and discussed the ADVRider discount and wanted to post those details as soon as possible. All ADV Rider members who purchase $1000.00 or more on an order will receive a 10% discount. We will need you to list in the comments section when checking out your ADV Rider user name for our records. I really fought for $500.00 or more and will honor it for the customers who have already put an order through with us but from today going forward it will be $1000.00. I will always be available to provide hopefully some of the best knowledge and customer service in the industry and all of you are more than welcome to hit me up with questions and concerns. We would really appreciate any good or negative feedback so that we can make this site what you want. Have a great day and keep the adventure alive.

Ron
Geez I would love to order more than a $1000 bucks of parts but when I tried to contact you boys with emails and phone calls I had no luck.I just wanted to ask if you would accept my South American Master Card but no reply!!!
So do you do business with us poor abandoned types down in Ecuador.
Albert theturtleshead
theturtleshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #22
hitmike
sucio debutante
 
hitmike's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 305
I just want to add that I have had nothing but first rate service from KTM twins. I had a small problem with a Scotts oil filter and a new one was on its way in no time at all. Mike
__________________
"I'm a hero with coward's legs"
Spike Milligan
08 Super Duke
03 450 EXC
hitmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #23
skritikos
Gnarly Adventurer
 
skritikos's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 122
Thumb

Thumbs up to the KTMtwins guys as they are very helpful, fast and patient with a foreign customer like me (Greece).
Best prices and excellent service. What more can we ask for?

Stamatis
__________________
KTM Adv: Brings out the wild child!
skritikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #24
tn-steve
Addicted
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Clarksville, TN
Oddometer: 1,548
+1 on the excellent service and communication from KTM Twins. They've earned my business even without the discount.
tn-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
djmase
something catchy.
 
djmase's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara...
Oddometer: 286
other options...

Spend a grand to get 10% off....hmmmmm....that seems a little bit steep. Granted they are pretty reasonable and communicate well...but if you want parts that are about 10% cheaper than ktmtwins ,without a purchase limit, go to http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ . (example...ktm twins waterpump rebuild kit is $84.95, I priced the same set through ccp and it was about 75-76 as I recall, though shipping was a sliver more.) Bottom line: they have all the OEM stuff and they are more affordable. They also just set up to "Service to ship parts to APO/FPO and to our Canadian customers"
Whatever that means...
Anyhow, I have ordered from the twins in the past but I think that I will do my next set of parts through cheapcycle and see how it all shakes out.
Just a thought.
Cheers.
djmase
__________________
“You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” ~CSL
More musings @ http://davidjessemase.blogspot.com/ & http://twitter.com/djmase
djmase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #26
kingoftwins
Adventurer
 
kingoftwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 97
International customers

Hello all. Ron here from KTMTwins.com just wanting to let all of our International customers know that we are always willing and able to help them out with their purchases. We do accept overseas credit cards as well as Paypal. Please remember when purchasing items and using an International credit card that it is very important you list your billing address for faster service. We try to be available for our customers at all times but sometimes we're not able to sit by the phone. It is always faster to email us with any questions or concerns. I promise to work harder than all of the copy cats out there to be the leader in providing parts and service to our customers and friends.

Life's an adventure, live it!
kingoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
imgonnasnap
Motard wrecker
 
imgonnasnap's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Near the Grassy Knoll
Oddometer: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins
We try to be available for our customers at all times but sometimes we're not able to sit by the phone. It is always faster to email us with any questions or concerns. I promise to work harder than all of the copy cats out there to be the leader in providing parts and service to our customers and friends.

Life's an adventure, live it!
This is what will make me a return customer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky
lots of guys make excuses - it must be the tyres, it must be the weight, it must be the power, it must be the water pump.
ride the $*#(@) thing, and you'll quickly learn that the stain marks in your brooks were firstly from fear and then from ecstacy.
Scuderia: LB to SF
Bradshaw Bombrun 2007, 2008, 2009
Stupidly long road trip of 2009
imgonnasnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #28
Electrified
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 12
I'm not sure why everyone is so gaga over KTMtwins. I have e-mailed, PM'd, and called and can get no return call. Since this post was from 2008 I decided to contact them and make sure they were still offering 10% off on orders of $1000 or more but could never get a response or even an acknowledgement. It's a shame as they have a great web site but apparently there are no real people there.
__________________
Steve F.
2010 Orange SMT-990 "Drink'n the Orange Kool-Aid!"
2011 Husaberg FE 570 S
Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Oddometer: 328
So you just registered with Advrider this month and your first post is because your trying to get a deal from KTMtwins as a benefit for being a member of this website.....and you choose to use your first post to bash them??

For the record I've never had a problem with communication from KTMTwins, it may take a couple days for them to get back to me but I'm ok with that, or any problems with orders from them.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrified View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is so gaga over KTMtwins. I have e-mailed, PM'd, and called and can get no return call. Since this post was from 2008 I decided to contact them and make sure they were still offering 10% off on orders of $1000 or more but could never get a response or even an acknowledgement. It's a shame as they have a great web site but apparently there are no real people there.
you don't know what your talking about.

KTMtwins is not some crap website with nobody behind it.. its a KTM dealership in SF that provides great support and sponsors riders like Jonah Street.

They provide test rides on KTM's.. not many places do..

GREAT first post !!
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014