ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #61
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
ok...if any rangers ask...I can fit about 4-5 GS in the back of my ranger! If we can convince them that we towed them ALL in then we are GOLDEN haha.

For some reason, I doubt that they will be that up in arms about 3 tents in a spot...never know though. Better safe then sorry.

We have enough 2 and 4 man tents between us to sleep about 30 people so a little cuddleing might have to happen if they really care that much.
88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #62
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,140
The old fart plan has changed.

We have decided due to Toothy heading over and pissing on the mystery spot on friday we will be leaving Saturday am from Dennys at 7:00 am so we can stop by the campsite on our way to St Helens to stake a spot for the tents in an area that Toothy has not marked with his scent. Matt please let us know if for some reason this will not work for you but were thinking we need to get an unmarked spot. Breakfast has been canceled unless you show up early, show up with a full belly and ready to leave at 7:00 am sharp or you get the puddle area that Toothy left behind. If you want breakfast I think I will be there early to grabb a bite and a cup of joe before hiting the road. We will also miss some of the traffic this way.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #63
blm1954
billm

Oddometer: 11
head count

well looks like my not being able to follow the thread resulted in my missing out on the head count. but them thing happen. so if it is an issue of me setting up with you all, i can set up some where else in the area, and perhaps use the frs or cb for contact.

currently if i can figure out the route i am going to try to frs 50 south for north bend then wonder around trying to find 70 and hope to end up on 19 then come out on 410 just up hill from where the set up is.

by leaving friday afternoon if all goes well i should be arriving some time friday eve over on 410. at least according to hoyle and his seven brothers it should work.

my alt. will be to pick up frs 70 out side of green water and then wonder over towards 410 and the set up site. so if you do not see a lost klr650 do not worry, if you do see a miss placed klr650 please point me in the general direction.
billm
blm1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #64
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Coffee

Who is bringing the Damn COFFEE??????

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #65
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm1954
well looks like my not being able to follow the thread resulted in my missing out on the head count. but them thing happen. so if it is an issue of me setting up with you all, i can set up some where else in the area, and perhaps use the frs or cb for contact.

currently if i can figure out the route i am going to try to frs 50 south for north bend then wonder around trying to find 70 and hope to end up on 19 then come out on 410 just up hill from where the set up is.

by leaving friday afternoon if all goes well i should be arriving some time friday eve over on 410. at least according to hoyle and his seven brothers it should work.

my alt. will be to pick up frs 70 out side of green water and then wonder over towards 410 and the set up site. so if you do not see a lost klr650 do not worry, if you do see a miss placed klr650 please point me in the general direction.
billm
Come by the camp and see how things are tuning out. We can camp 24 people so if folks will pair up in tents we should be ok. You may have to pay $5 to park your bike, I don't know how it will turn out, but that is a small price to pay for being with the group.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #66
Gremlin9340
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I called the Local Ranger Station and learned:

a. There is a campground host.
b. One (1) vehicle and one (1) trailer per site for the base fee.
c. There is a $5 charge for extra vehicles. So extra trucks/motorcycles are ok, just pay to park if asked.
d. We can camp up to 6 persons per site in two tents.
e. Motorcycles ridden to the campground count as vehicles.
f. Towed motorcycles do not count as extra vehicles.
g. We can have 4 trucks and trailers and all the towed motorcycles we want at no additional charge.
h. Our sites will be marked RESERVED. Our reservations are good even if we don't show Fri night. Anyone who uses our sites Friday night will be told to move when we arrive.

I don't know how much enforcement there will be, but we should try to keep to the rules to avoid trouble. We are really only going to have a crowd in camp in the evening and morning.
Let's not stress! If they double charge us for a couple sites I'll just pay if it's really a problem a couple of us can just camp in the woods.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #67
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,570
Yo Gremlin,

Where you the nut who rode the modified GS on the first day @ the Gang Bang?
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #68
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin9340
Let's not stress! If they double charge us for a couple sites I'll just pay if it's really a problem a couple of us can just camp in the woods.
It really isnt going to be a problem. I am with you - if it's an issue - We or I can pull out the cash and make it go away.

LET's Have some fun.

When and where are you doing the moonlight ride?

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #69
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Moonlight ride? Sounds romantic!

Lookout for deer though.....

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #70
Gremlin9340
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drunkard
Yo Gremlin,

Where you the nut who rode the modified GS on the first day @ the Gang Bang?
I could be the same Gremlin mmmmmmmm.....
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #71
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Stress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin9340
I don't have stress. I'm a carrier.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #72
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Weather update:

It may be cloudy and raining where you are, but it will be sunny and hot where we are going. This weather update has been provided by the team meteorologist.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #73
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
It may be cloudy and raining where you are, but it will be sunny and hot where we are going. This weather update has been provided by the team meteorologist.

Yeah, it was grey, wet and raining last weekend and as soon as we crossed the mountains it was hot and sunny.

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote