Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #2446
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
FWIW, Recently captured ... an HDR image of the MTS12.
Fabulous pic. Apart from the scenery and evocative road image, best angle I've ever seen of the Multi 1200. Brilliant!
Moronic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #2447
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,102
I was never going to get rid of my Tiger 1050, LOL. The base MSRP is 14,995 so that is normal with no discount.

I have had mine for almost a year now, 8400 miles, no problems. Very addicting bike, gonna be tough to sell for that reason.

Much more members and info here : http://www.ducati.ms/
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #2448
ObiWanJak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
You can try this item to fix LED turn signal problem. I am not sure where the flasher is on this bike, but you can pull it and see if the plug matches. Even if the plug doesn't match, you can probably make a jumper and use flasher anyhow. I had one on my KTM and I even put one on a Toyota pickup truck. Neither one of them had exactly the same plug.

http://www.customled.com/products/fl...sher_relay.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
Everything mounted up OK with a bit of messing about but...the turn signals do not like the Zeta LED's. They flash once and stop working ( the rear units continue to flash as usual). Tried several combinations but can only get the stockers to work. Any thoughts as to a fix?
ObiWanJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #2449
Curtis in Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
The Wife and I were headed home from Pinehurst NC Monday of this week and were sitting at a red light on Brookshire Blvd in Charlotte NC waiting to get onto I 85 to head south back to Texas.. Next to us at the light was a Black Multistrada with a rear top case. The rider was wearing all black riding gear and a flat black helmet. He looked hot sitting still at the light, as I would have been on my 95 Elefant. But you could tell he was ready to roll and enjoy his commute home. Young guy I'd say mid 30's and very fit, unlike me and my 60 year old profile.

The wife went all Ga Ga at over the sound of the bike. (She's like that when they sound good!)
I have a D&D on mine and it's pure music!
We tried to stay with the Ducati to get some pictures of him moving, but he was out of sight before I could get the camera going.
Yea, I know a stupid thought, as I would have ridden the same way if I were on my 900.

We were in the wife’s Red 4 Runner with the limo tinted windows. (A requirement for living in the Texas Heat!)
I'm sure we didn't make near the impression on him as he did on us!

I watched him disappear into the distance and I was rolling at 88 mph passing everyone I could, just to watch him ride a little longer.

A beautiful sight to watch!
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" -Burt Munro
Curtis in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #2450
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
I rode a white 2010 demo yesterday at my local dealer, and absolutely loved it. I currently have an 06 Tiger and will never part with it, so my concern with buying a Ducati is one of longevity. I've never owned one, so I'm not real sure of reliability and all the quirks that go with any model. Will it leave me stranded on a long trip? I've looked through this thread and have started my research quest. So, if anyone out there has been a Ducati loyalist and has advice, I'm listening. Is there anything to be wary of when purchasing a 1200 Multi? My dealer has a white 2010 on the floor for $14995, is this pretty consistent with a new multi price?
Thanks for any information, let the process begin!
It's a modern motorcycle, most are reliable and give years of service. Everyone raves about Honda reliability, my 2008 CBF1000 has been the least reliable bike I've owned. Replaced the fuel pump ($700) and the stator ($550) all in one month. If the bike turns your crank, buy it, ride it, enjoy it. I still own and ride my CBF because it's a great bike.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #2451
Lambo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Thanks

Thanks for the help, in the meantime I found some longer LED arrays that work fine, I just needed bigger ones than the stock Zeta's and they seen to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmar13 View Post
Yes good point... didn't know stock MTS are not LED's. You need to change your flash relay to an electronic one if it is a mechanical shunt type. You can get them at any auto parts store for like $6. Just find your stock relay and swap it out. I don't have a MTS so I can't help with specifics.

Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you.

Ironically, Chuck Norris’ hidden talent is invisibility.
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #2452
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Right

I hear what you're saying bross! I will probably end up with one, just have to work out the financing. I just want as bike as possible for the dough! This seems to fit the bill. I also did not want one that has gremlins living in it either...

Thanks for the input, I'm sure it's right, the white one is calling out to me!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #2453
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,371
I tried ordering the Zega's from Touratech a few weeks ago from their Seattle location and heres how it went.

They didn't have the racks in stock but asked if I wanted them ordered, I confirmed telling them I would be there on Aug 3 to pick them up.

Yesterday they called and still don't have the racks and wont have them for the dates I am going through the area but wondered if I still want this unobtanium.

I'd think for the prices these guys charge they would want to do a little better at getting the customer the product

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #2454
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Has anyone had the electronic fuel cap installed on the Ducati Multistrada 1200S?
I have only read one review and it was not favorable;

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multi...p-failure.html
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #2455
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Cool2 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 796, 1100 EVO, 1100 EVO SP Brochure

If you’re a DUCATI fanatic or just a huge fan, this 2007 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100 & 1100S Brochure / Catalogue - 28 pages & 2009 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 796, 1100 EVO & 1100 EVO SP Brochure / Catalogue - 10 pages both written in English and Italian, are a true must haves. The DUCATI Brochure offers all motorcycle stats, clear highly detailed action photos, and detailed motorcycle and engine photos and available DUCATI accessories. DUCATI is not really making printed paper catalogues or literature any more do to their online presence, so if you own and ride the HYPERMOTARD this is a rare find and a nice official brochure to have in your collection.

$9.99 + Shipping, PM me if your info if your interested.

Please feel free to go to the Flee Market: Parts listing link.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710460

Vee :)

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-17-2011 at 02:33 PM Reason: update
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #2456
VeeNeck
Banned

Question Ducati Performance Mirrors

Has anyone swapped out the stock bulky mirrors for the DP ones? How are they?

I was wanting to get the Touratech hand guards as the stock ones are useless and go with the Ducati Performance mirrors as they seam more adjustable and less bulky.

Just found this photo of the Ducati Performance Mirrors installed, they look cool!

Stock Mirrors

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 12:23 AM
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #2457
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,163
lol...

That's my white multi. The dp mirrors are much better. You can see what's behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Has anyone swapped out the stock bulky mirrors for the DP ones? How are they?

I was wanting to get the Touratech hand guards as the stock ones are useless and go with the Ducati Performance mirrors as they seam more adjustable and less bulky.

Just found this photo of the Ducati Performance Mirrors installed, they look cool!

Stock Mirrors
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #2458
VeeNeck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
That's my white multi. The dp mirrors are much better. You can see what's behind you.

LOL, I grabbed the photo off the web. They look great. The arms look like they have a more lower profile, not so bulky and less distracting. The DP mirrors looks like they are more fully adjustable and aero dynamic than the stock ones, which seem more like an auto rear view mirror. I can't fathom why the didn't install the DP mirrors with indicator lights and full hand guards. I have to say that the stock half hand guards and mirrors don't seem well thought out.

By the way how are the Ducati DP full hand guards? I will probably go with Touratech ones when I get the Multi.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #2459
Turkishexpress
Groper

Oddometer: 31
Top Case Mounting Kit?

What is everyone using as a top case mounting kit? I know that Altrider has one but I want something sturdier in order to carry a bit more weight and double as a back rest for my passenger.

Oh and here is what I did with the space ship on the back of this thing. I cost about $12 in hardware from Home Depot and some quality time with the Dremmel tool cutting and polishing the stock tail. No, its not to hide my plate from the cops. Its to hide my plate from the toll booth cameras...

Turkishexpress screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 03:43 PM
Turkishexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #2460
Turkishexpress
Groper

Oddometer: 31
Top Case Mounting Kit?

Double post :(

Turkishexpress screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 03:36 PM
Turkishexpress is offline   Reply With Quote