Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #76
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
I will ship the defective unit tomorrow. Thanks for your excellent service.

I shipped the replacement unit today (Priority).
Thanks for the feedback and the patience!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #77
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErricZ View Post
Clearly, customer service will not be an issue! Good to know and cements my purchase for this month. :)
Thanks for that!

Customer service is my top priority.
Even as I improve test methods and quality control, with a device of this nature, there will be the occasional failure.
What makes the difference is what I do about it when it happens!

Customers need not be concerned about getting stuck with a defective unit.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #78
ReCycled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Well....I'm glad to hear that as this is going to sound like deja vu.

I received the unit yesterday (8 days to PA under the old shipping method) but didn't even turn it on 'til today. I like the compact size, light weight and easy to understand display. It was simple to secure to my speedometer face with just a rubber band. All was well for the first 4 or five minutes while I rode the bike around the block for warm up. It was nice being able to easily read the display while underway. The smiley face let me know my old homemade manometer worked fairly well and the digital indicator let me know there was still a little room for improvement.

Arriving home to set the idle speed, the tachometer was appreciated as my bike does not have one and evidently setting by ear put me 100-120 rpms higher than spec. I began to lower the idle in small increments and alternating sides.

That is when it just stopped working. Same description, all the readouts and LED function but it measures 000 mbar.
ReCycled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #79
Railbender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,012
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCycled View Post

I received the unit yesterday (8 days to PA under the old shipping method) but didn't even turn it on 'til today. I like the compact size, light weight and easy to understand display. It was simple to secure to my speedometer face with just a rubber band. All was well for the first 4 or five minutes while I rode the bike around the block for warm up. It was nice being able to easily read the display while underway. The smiley face let me know my old homemade manometer worked fairly well and the digital indicator let me know there was still a little room for improvement.

Arriving home to set the idle speed, the tachometer was appreciated as my bike does not have one and evidently setting by ear put me 100-120 rpms higher than spec. I began to lower the idle in small increments and alternating sides.

That is when it just stopped working. Same description, all the readouts and LED function but it measures 000 mbar.
The Urals must be doing them in.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #80
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

You're covered. PM sent.
I'm looking forward to determining the fault so I can make sure tests are in place to catch them!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #81
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
The Urals must be doing them in.

Or there's some kind of Bermuda Triangle in PA?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #82
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,710
Question Wondering...

~

Grok,

I just received my Harmonizer from a few days ago, but since I just set all my applicable twins just a few miles ago there is no need for me to use it yet. I'll admit I bought it early to get the discount (and because I'm a tool junkie), but now hearing about some of these failures begs me to ask the question...

What if I pull it out to use it in 2 or 3 months and it has a failure similar to those described here? Will it still be fully covered?

Thanks!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #83
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Same question here. I just ordered over the weekend, so I doubt mine has shipped yet. I'd rather it did not ship until this issue is resolved.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #84
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
~
Grok,
I just received my Harmonizer from a few days ago, but since I just set all my applicable twins just a few miles ago there is no need for me to use it yet. I'll admit I bought it early to get the discount (and because I'm a tool junkie), but now hearing about some of these failures begs me to ask the question...

What if I pull it out to use it in 2 or 3 months and it has a failure similar to those described here? Will it still be fully covered?

Thanks!
Dallara
~
Yes,
The units have a 2 year warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects.
The few known failures point to a manufacturing defect in the sensor component. It is definitely covered.

As far as reliability in general, there are units that have been in continuous daily shop use for months, representing many tens of hours of use. The few known failures have happened very early in the service life, within the first hour or less.

The two reported failures represent a rate below 1%. Not enough data to be of real statistical significance.
If a higher rate begins to appear, I may temporarily suspend sales until I can put a more robust test in place to catch defects.

But I want to be clear that I will stand behind the product and make every effort to ensure satisfied customers.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #85
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
Same question here. I just ordered over the weekend, so I doubt mine has shipped yet. I'd rather it did not ship until this issue is resolved.
Yours shipped yesterday.
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, I will offer a replacement or a full refund.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #86
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,710
Thumb Sounds good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post

Yes,

The units have a 2 year warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects.
The few known failures point to a manufacturing defect in the sensor component. It is definitely covered.

As far as reliability in general, there are units that have been in continuous daily shop use for months, representing many tens of hours of use. The few known failures have happened very early in the service life, within the first hour or less.

The two reported failures represent a rate below 1%. Not enough data to be of real statistical significance.
If a higher rate begins to appear, I may temporarily suspend sales until I can put a more robust test in place to catch defects.

But I want to be clear that I will stand behind the product and make every effort to ensure satisfied customers.

That's all I needed to know. Thanks for making such a high commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #87
ReCycled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
You're covered. PM sent.
I'm looking forward to determining the fault so I can make sure tests are in place to catch them!

Thanks for the quick response with a great attitude and service.

I really like the unit. The selling point for me was the tachometer. Two of my three bikes don't have one and this tool will allow consistant settings.

The pleasant surprise was the ease of use. Even simpler than a Twinmax as there is calibrating needed and it is very intuitive.

Looking forward to round #2...
ReCycled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #88
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response with a great attitude and service.
I really like the unit. The selling point for me was the tachometer. Two of my three bikes don't have one and this tool will allow consistant settings.
The pleasant surprise was the ease of use. Even simpler than a Twinmax as there is calibrating needed and it is very intuitive.
Looking forward to round #2...
Thanks!
I'm looking forward to working through the "teething pains".
I'm researching equipment for a test setup that I think will reduce the few problems to near zero.
I really appreciate your understanding!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #89
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Hello, I purchased mine on the 30th and would like to know if it shipped yet.
Thanks
Jim Kolbe
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #90
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japako View Post
Hello, I purchased mine on the 30th and would like to know if it shipped yet.
Thanks
Jim Kolbe
Yes sir, It shipped Monday, Aug. 1.
Thanks!