Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #166
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Neither the site nor the app automatically update the user location layer. You are currently required to turn the layer off and back on to get updates. ....
OK, I hadn't figured that out yet, but I can live with it now I know how it works.

Another suggestion: My HTC Sensation works different to your older model. My "hard" search button does NOT search for maps as per the video. I need to use Menu / More / DSM Map Search. This is a key feature so it would be nice if it wasn't buried (for some users). A separate on-screen button perhaps?

Thanks
Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #167
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
My HTC Sensation works different to your older model. My "hard" search button does NOT search for maps as per the video.
Does anyone else have this problem?
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #168
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Oddometer: 2,791
Quote:
Could you post a pic of what it's supposed to look like after hitting the search?
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #169
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
BTW, my HTC has only been available for a month in Canada so not many out there. It's running Android 2.3.3 and has Goggle Maps Ver 5.8.0 pre-installed for N America so really I wouldn't need to download OSM maps if your app could access my built-in Google maps (4GB of map data on an included mSD card).

Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #170
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
Could you post a pic of what it's supposed to look like after hitting the search?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #171
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Quote:
mine is empty on my moto defy droid 2.2, but I'm also not sure what map set/overlay I have selected
Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #172
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
mine is empty on my moto defy droid 2.2, but I'm also not sure what map set/overlay I have selected
That means it's working. You just searched in a place that has no tracks in it. It searches within the bounds of the screen. BobM gets the LONG click action when he tabs the search button which is some sort of error in his firmware. If you hold down your search button you will see a different screen which is what I understand BobM sees.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #173
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Quote:
That means it's working. You just searched in a place that has no tracks in it. It searches within the bounds of the screen. BobM gets the LONG click action when he tabs the search button which is some sort of error in his firmware. If you hold down your search button you will see a different screen which is what I understand BobM sees.
roger that! I guess I'll have to RTFM / view the vids!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #174
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
roger that! I guess I'll have to RTFM / view the vids!
I'm sorry I never wrote a manual. I'm just not excited about it and if you watch the videos and spend 20 minutes clicking around you will be an expert too. I am hoping someone on this forum will take it upon themselves to write a manual which I would be happy to post on the website.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #175
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Quote:
I'm sorry I never wrote a manual. I'm just not excited about it and if you watch the videos and spend 20 minutes clicking around you will be an expert too. I am hoping someone on this forum will take it upon themselves to write a manual which I would be happy to post on the website.
app/systems documentation has never been one of my strong points...
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #176
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,526
Incredible work Crafty Coder, great stuff.

besides the waterproofing on the cell phone I am concerned with vibration. A milspec phone is in my opinion a viable option...

I am considering this one...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5634

I have been waiting for 4G version and hoping the rugged phone craze would catch on... I am also waiting for someone to hack one to remove some of the bloatware... I think it would be perfect for this application.

I am kind of struggling financially right now so neither option is going to happen near turn. As much as I would like to try this $20 app I find myself opting to spend the money on a tank of gas.

Mr. Fisherman screwed with this post 08-14-2011 at 05:00 PM
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #177
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

The Commando does look cool Mr Fisherman.

For those of us with normal phones, I'm working on the remote still. I just got the panel mount rotary encoder, so this is where I'm at right now (photo below).

I working on getting the cost down a bit. I've got some microcontrollers in the mail that do only what I need without any frills which cost half as much. I'm working on waterproofing the joystick and if I can make that happen I will put the new little micros in the box with the controls and the entire enclosure will be waterproof.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #178
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,526
Quote:
The Commando does look cool Mr Fisherman.

For those of us with normal phones, I'm working on the remote still. I just got the panel mount rotary encoder, so this is where I'm at right now (photo below).

I working on getting the cost down a bit. I've got some microcontrollers in the mail that do only what I need without any frills which cost half as much. I'm working on waterproofing the joystick and if I can make that happen I will put the new little micros in the box with the controls and the entire enclosure will be waterproof.

Any reason why this wouldn't work with the Commando?
By the time I can afford that upgrade I might be able to afford your remote... that's pretty darn cool... great work and I love that it controls Audio volume. Bring on Pandora for the adventure
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #179
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Any reason why this wouldn't work with the Commando?
By the time I can afford that upgrade I might be able to afford your remote... that's pretty darn cool... great work and I love that it controls Audio volume. Bring on Pandora for the adventure
I think the Commando would be ideal for this application. Pandora requires network access which is never available to me when I'm riding. I'm thinking you will be better off with MP3s...
Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #180
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,073
I have scanned your thingie and looked in Android Market and cannot find your app. Just doesn't seem to come up.

Ok.. well I can find it on the PC but not on my phone.... Hmmmm... Well I can buy it online I guess and then it will download.... Please Disregard.....
WP

wparkinson screwed with this post 08-18-2011 at 04:43 AM
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote