ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #76
univibe88
Slidell4Life
 
univibe88's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Taxachusetts
Oddometer: 1,875
Stop making me want this bike more!
__________________
List of my old bikes that no one cares about
Current bikes go here to make others jealous


"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #77
CaptainFresca
Adventurer
 
CaptainFresca's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chico, CA
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
Make to sure to grab a fist full of brakes and let us know how the ABS works
The demo bike is non-abs, so I can't test that. But if I get one, it will be ABS for sure.
CaptainFresca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #78
samadams0824
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Kingston, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 217
Black and white with orange decals is 2 wheeled sex.
samadams0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #79
Podman
Rocketman
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Oddometer: 235
Is KTM not making many of these cause they seem very hard to find. What's with the limited availability.
Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #80
advasker
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 3
My 2008 smt with newly installed Shad SH37 box.
Attached Images
 
advasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #81
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JJGeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Sunny Seattle
Oddometer: 282
I traded my orange side panels to a guy in the Netherlands for his gloss black ones. I like it!

__________________
'03 Yamaha R6
'06 Ducati 749S - DEAD
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #82
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?
 
Fubars's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Ventuna, California
Oddometer: 1,710
All black. Cool.
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #83
hornet_sv
Adventurer
 
hornet_sv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 41
Time for a BUMP!

This is my 2010 SM-T the day I bought her home.
I had a set of Akro's fitted from the dealer along with a performance airfilter and remap.

Apart from that she is stock for now (goodies coming soon :) )

All I can say is what an awesome bike! There isn't much that it cannot do.
Attached Images
 
hornet_sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #84
Sideout
Noob Adventurer
 
Sideout's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 658
Hi all,

I liked the SMT the moment it came out. I am kind of considering it now (as well as the new MTS1200). I had a couple of questions and was wondering whether you could help me find the answers.

1. I wanted to see whether you have ran into any issues with the bike so far. I used to own a 2006 950SM. And the only issue I had with it in 10K miles was a faulty kick stand.

2. Do you guys also service it yourselves? I realize that a 4500mi service is just an oil change. But the 9K service is a bit bigger than that ...

3. Have anyone of you tried fitting either a Givi Trekker or a Trax top box on your SMT? I would really want to see how it looks with it.

4. And finally would you mind sharing what kind of a discount were you able to get from the stealers here in the US? I know that MSRP is 14K. But it never hurts to negotiate, right?

Thanks in advance.
__________________

Dum spiro spero



Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #85
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JJGeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Sunny Seattle
Oddometer: 282
1. No issues at 8,000 miles.

2. I don't plan on it now, but who knows. I'll do oil changes and radiator flushes though.

3. check out the SMT990 forum. There's a guy there that has the full Trax set-up. They look good.

4. I got mine in May 2010. Dealer gave me $300 off MSRP and threw in a set of the white side panels, as well as discounts on the skid plate, crash bars, and heated grips.
__________________
'03 Yamaha R6
'06 Ducati 749S - DEAD
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #86
Desmofan
Studly Adventurer
 
Desmofan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
Hi all,

I liked the SMT the moment it came out. I am kind of considering it now (as well as the new MTS1200). I had a couple of questions and was wondering whether you could help me find the answers.

1. I wanted to see whether you have ran into any issues with the bike so far. I used to own a 2006 950SM. And the only issue I had with it in 10K miles was a faulty kick stand.

2. Do you guys also service it yourselves? I realize that a 4500mi service is just an oil change. But the 9K service is a bit bigger than that ...

3. Have anyone of you tried fitting either a Givi Trekker or a Trax top box on your SMT? I would really want to see how it looks with it.

4. And finally would you mind sharing what kind of a discount were you able to get from the stealers here in the US? I know that MSRP is 14K. But it never hurts to negotiate, right?

Thanks in advance.

I got a 2010 demo for $11K, with the Zumo GPS deal. There are some 2010's around..GP in San Diego has one, Thousand Oaks KTM has one advertised for $12K.
__________________
KTM990 SMT
KTM950 Adventure
DRZ400S
Desmofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #87
Lambo
Studly Adventurer
 
Lambo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 602
2010 smt

I just have to say that this bike is really a well balanced, well thought out, and well manufactured bike.
__________________
Bob

Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you.

Ironically, Chuck Norris’ hidden talent is invisibility.
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #88
Whip
Onward through the fog
 
Whip's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio Tx
Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
I just have to say that this bike is really a well balanced, well thought out, and well manufactured bike.
You guys are killing me.

Someone make a bigger gas rank and I will buy one.

L
__________________
2006 KTM 950 Adventure, 2006 1150 GS Adventure
2011 KTM 990 DAKAR, 1999 ZRX1100
www.whip.smugmug.com

I'm their leader...Which way did they go???
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #89
Retired_Colonel
"An Old Redleg.."
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Walla Walla, Wa 'Wine Country'..
Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
Hi all,

I liked the SMT the moment it came out. I am kind of considering it now (as well as the new MTS1200). I had a couple of questions and was wondering whether you could help me find the answers.

1. I wanted to see whether you have ran into any issues with the bike so far. I used to own a 2006 950SM. And the only issue I had with it in 10K miles was a faulty kick stand.

2. Do you guys also service it yourselves? I realize that a 4500mi service is just an oil change. But the 9K service is a bit bigger than that ...

3. Have anyone of you tried fitting either a Givi Trekker or a Trax top box on your SMT? I would really want to see how it looks with it.

4. And finally would you mind sharing what kind of a discount were you able to get from the stealers here in the US? I know that MSRP is 14K. But it never hurts to negotiate, right?

Thanks in advance.
My bike is en route from FunCity Cycle Mart in Moline, Illinois, so can't help on questions 1-3. I got a very good deal from them at $12,600 + $98 document fees...white 2011 with zero miles on it...not a demo. So, even with shipping, it comes in cheaper than I have seen anywhere else. Cheers, Steve.
Retired_Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #90
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_Colonel View Post
My bike is en route from FunCity Cycle Mart in Moline, Illinois, so can't help on questions 1-3. I got a very good deal from them at $12,600 + $98 document fees...white 2011 with zero miles on it...not a demo. So, even with shipping, it comes in cheaper than I have seen anywhere else. Cheers, Steve.
Wow, isn't MSRP $13999 for a brand new 2011? Very good deal you got there.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014