Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer: 1,071
Places to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrut View Post
Sounds great guys. I have my bike here in Placencia Belize now but would ride up to Chetemal Mexico and meet you for the ride through Belize. I would be up for continuing down to Guatemala and El Salvador as well. Danny, I live in a very nice area in a resort community and you would be welcome leave your bike in my garage until you continued your southern track. I also have a friend who owns a hotel in Antigua Guatemala and have friends in San Salvador if those are better spots for you. I am flexible on dates so let me know what works for you guys. Rod
Hi Rod,

Any not too fancy places to stay in Belize? Like most of us......I'm on a budget trip

Thanks..........Mark
lexluther11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
rodrut OP
Ride Central America

Oddometer: 44
Yes Mark, There are a number of inexpensive places along the peninsula but I can get you a really good rate at our hotel also. There are rooms for around $50 a night. Give me a heads up when your heading this way.
rodrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #18
rodrut OP
Ride Central America

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
What is a ballpark idea of the expense to fish as mentioned? I will be down there -in the winter only- in the near future & on a bike with no fishing equipment.
I have plenty of gear or If you prefer to fish with a guide, there is a great one here that charges 500 a day and supplies all equipment and I would split that with you if you would like.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #19
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrut View Post
Yes Mark, There are a number of inexpensive places along the peninsula but I can get you a really good rate at our hotel also. There are rooms for around $50 a night. Give me a heads up when your heading this way.
Thanks Rod...........they would be great and will let you know when I'm heading to Belize.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #20
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
I'll switch from fishing to murder rate in Belize. I just left the huge "Is Mexico Safe" thread & there is a mention of how Belize is more dangerous than Mexico r.e., the 6 murders per day. Are they all in Belize City or spread amongst the whole place,or whatever. I'm not an alarmist and have been to Mexico a number of times in recent years,& not counting the past trips.
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #21
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,875
Quote:
I'll switch from fishing to murder rate in Belize. I just left the huge "Is Mexico Safe" thread & there is a mention of how Belize is more dangerous than Mexico r.e., the 6 murders per day. Are they all in Belize City or spread amongst the whole place,or whatever. I'm not an alarmist and have been to Mexico a number of times in recent years,& not counting the past trips.
Yes, and you clearly missed the part where I am riding to Belize in 2hrs. I am not riding to Iraq or Afghanistan. Pick up a newspaper from any major City in the US and do a body count.

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #22
rodrut OP
Ride Central America

Quote:
I agree with the Belize City problem. Crime is bad there, but mostly in the late hours. I have lived in Belize now for almost 8 years and am comfortable anywhere in the country accept for Belize City. You really want to be aware of your surroundings also when you are in Guatemala. Much better with a group.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #23
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,875
I'm sitting in Belize City right now, except for this friggin' fly that is bothering me I sense no danger

In Placencia you will not even have the pesky fly to worry about

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
I'm sitting in Belize City right now, except for this friggin' fly that is bothering me I sense no danger

In Placencia you will not even have the pesky fly to worry about
Have a for me........hope you have a great adventure!