and here is the pick up who saved us
Attached Images

Eran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #33
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,187
First, second, third...

...that fourth crossing will get you if you aren't careful!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #34
BoulderGuy
out ridin'....

Oddometer: 433
Eran- Ooooooh, I know where you went. Lets just say the route between Batopilas and Choix is a navagational nightmare and you are definately not the first person to go the way you did! There is another route that bypasses the mine and also has a new bridge over the one river crossing. You took the hard way for sure! Glad you made it out in one piece! And yes, I live in Boulder Colorado.
BoulderGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,084
I had the pleasure of fording the river at the crossing as the bridge that is now in place was only approx 1/2 finished when I was there last spring. Went down by myself, found some other like minded riders in Bato, and took the back way out with him. Had the time of my life. I did meet a pair who took the route thru the mine, not recommended. I'm looking to head down soon as my job has a temp holding pattern till the next project take off. My plan was no plan last time, and it really worked out well. Saw some new territory, and met some new friends. I can't wait til I'm southbound again.
Assfault
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #36
Eran
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
the route

Mate i can just say that we were asking every person we met if this is the way to el Choix and the people affirm that it was the way and no one mentioned the bridge that is a pity but anyway it was a hell of an experience and next time we will be smarter
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #37
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eran View Post
Mate i can just say that we were asking every person we met if this is the way to el Choix and the people affirm that it was the way and no one mentioned the bridge that is a pity but anyway it was a hell of an experience and next time we will be smarter
Typical response to asking a question about routes when multiple roads reach the same target, and it is the truth they speak. The locals know all the routes and travel them regularly so it often does not dawn on them that you might be looking for an easier alternate route to the one they use as a habit. Perhaps you did not ask for .... '"a route WITH A BRIDGE to Choix to avoid plodding through water".
They always want to be helpful and they did tell you it was the( ...a ..) road to your destination.
Remember, when asking directions be reallly really specific and clear to hopefully avoid this type of confusion,hopeless though
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
henasau OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
At last I can report I successfully crossed the Canyon from Choix to Batopilas on fully loaded KLR.
I will dedicate thread to this as soon as I get a better connection. For the moment I posted my tale on my blog.

http://www.henasau.blogspot.com/

'Living The Dream' - 2011 Motorcycle trip through Americas.
henasau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #39
Eran
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Hi

Hi mate
it is great u made it safe , i saw your pictures and it looks very good! indeed it is a very special place.
is there a chance u could send me the mail of the israeli guy?
and if u happen to pass by mexico city it would be great to have a beer
take care
Eran
Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #40
Tury
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by henasau View Post
At last I can report I successfully crossed the Canyon from Choix to Batopilas on fully loaded KLR.
I will dedicate thread to this as soon as I get a better connection. For the moment I posted my tale on my blog.

Henasau,Eran and partners:

If you hadn´t made the wrong turns either getting out of Batopilas or coming from Choix to Batopilas and ended at the mine El Sauzal and having to cross the rio Urique ( 5 crossings ) as Eran and his partner did you wouldn´t had the adventure you had, now having the new bridge takes out some adventure, but there other routes that will keep the adventure !!

From this time of the year, to early November is the best to ride through the diferent canyons of the SIERRA, there are 5 canyons being the SINFOROSA the most magnificent.

Keep up your interesting blog
Tury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #41
henasau OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
In my blog I posted a few movie clips from my Copper Canyon Adventure.
Enjoy it.

'Living The Dream' - 2011 Motorcycle trip through Americas.
henasau is offline   Reply With Quote