ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #31
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamuru View Post
I'm curious about the route. Anyone got a GPX track they'd be willing to share?
I have the gpx tracks. But... Heres some thoughts.

This ride was put on by Skagit MC. We paid to be part of the run. The proceeds, since they are non profit, go directly to helping out Walker Valley ORV Park. I've seen it time and time again where folks dont want to show up for the rides and pay the fee, but wait till after the ride then poach the gpx files.

Quite the conundrum.. so.. if grandparacer pipes in and says that i can share the files I will, otherwise I'll see you next year at the event..
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #32
Granparacer OP
Old but not dead

Oddometer: 230
Mark is right in that we (Skagit M/C) do put in time to verify trails and repair problems so that the route is ridable for all. We are a non-profit club and the proceeds from events go to trail work at Walker or are donated to the NMA legal fund, Blue Ribbon Coalition, etc. That said, we don't care if the tracks are shared afterward, after all, it's the riding that's important. Come join us at events, have fun, meet some new friends, and support the cause! Oh, and have fun with this year's route; next year will be different!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #33
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,613
GPX File

Here you go... Although I included a few extra tracks in there, just grab the last one.. Dated 8/21.

http://marxbrain.com/misc/dualduck.gpx
Old 08-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #34
Gamuru
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the link. On a side note, I had every intention to do this ride this year. I missed it last year because of poor advertising placement, so this year I printed off the flyer to remind me. Even had the damned thing sitting on my desk in front of me for the longest time. Well, guess what got used at the last minute to jot down a quick note?

My earliest reminder was the day before when I was headed out the door to work that I saw this thread. Looks like I need a better system. Hopefully I'll be there next year.
Gamuru is offline   Reply With Quote