ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
El Brad OP
Leave it long on top

Oddometer: 443
Question Eastern Oregon trip, questions.

First off, yes I did my own search and was able answer most of my questions about our route.
Just have a few questions left unanswered.

On Hiway 20 is there gas in Juntura or Buchanan ?

Route question. I am lookin at a Oregon Benchmark book. Does anyone know the condition of
trail 7320 called Antelope Flat/Page Place Road. It connects the Crowley Road and the
Oxbow basin road West of Owyhee Reservoir ? Does it go through and what type of
road it is ? Graded gravel or two track ?

Thanks for your help.
El Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Brad View Post
First off, yes I did my own search and was able answer most of my questions about our route.
Just have a few questions left unanswered.

On Hiway 20 is there gas in Juntura or Buchanan ?

Route question. I am lookin at a Oregon Benchmark book. Does anyone know the condition of
trail 7320 called Antelope Flat/Page Place Road. It connects the Crowley Road and the
Oxbow basin road West of Owyhee Reservoir ? Does it go through and what type of
road it is ? Graded gravel or two track ?

Thanks for your help.
No gas in Juntura, but GREAT food at the Oasis in Juntura. They even have some newly built rooms for rent.

Buchanan has fuel and the premium is ethanol free. And a free musuem. http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/W...m__Buchanan_OR

That road is mainly good two track and some graded dirt. Fun road, you will enjoy it.

trailrider383 screwed with this post 08-14-2011 at 10:41 AM
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Crossthread
Maker of Sharp Stuff

Oddometer: 628
What he said.^^^

Yes indeed. The Oasis is a 'must stop' if you're in the area of Juntura.

Most excellent food. Home made fries so fresh you could hear the potato squeal when they killed it!

Ummm...

Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
El Brad OP
Leave it long on top

Thumb Just what I was looking for

Thanks for the response and info.
Looking forward to a burger at the Oasis
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
El Brad OP
Leave it long on top

Bluhduh Keep Out, No Trespassing signage.......

Got back from our trip last night, great ride only one problem with Keep Out signs. Got turned around
on both the Granite Creek road and the Page Place road due to closed gates with no trespassing, keep out
signs, turned around and had to navigate our way accross using other roads. Made it accross and down the
Oxbow Basin road now that road was fun on a loaded down bike at the end of a long day and 102 degree
temp, we were really glad to have Lake Owyhee and the end of the day. Just curious about the signs, here
in Idaho I have gone through those gates, most of the time I never see anyone and I leave all gates as I find
them. I have occasionally run into ranchers where I say Iam just passing thru and I will leave the gates as
I find them, they are usually pretty friendly and don,t seem to care much. Being from out of state I thought it
best to obey the signs and avoid any trouble, any thoughts on that subject??
Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Brad View Post
Got back from our trip last night, great ride only one problem with Keep Out signs. Got turned around
on both the Granite Creek road and the Page Place road due to closed gates with no trespassing, keep out
signs, turned around and had to navigate our way accross using other roads. Made it accross and down the
Oxbow Basin road now that road was fun on a loaded down bike at the end of a long day and 102 degree
temp, we were really glad to have Lake Owyhee and the end of the day. Just curious about the signs, here
in Idaho I have gone through those gates, most of the time I never see anyone and I leave all gates as I find
them. I have occasionally run into ranchers where I say Iam just passing thru and I will leave the gates as
I find them, they are usually pretty friendly and don,t seem to care much. Being from out of state I thought it
best to obey the signs and avoid any trouble, any thoughts on that subject??
I have found the further away from tourist routes, the more open the land is. Much of the land in SE OR is BLM but I have heard of landowners signing it anyhow. I tend to obey signs unless I'm pretty sure it is public land.
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,018
Granite Creek road off of Juntura-Riverside road? If that's the one, you must have been trying to go from west to east. There is a gate and no trespassing signs from that end, but if you go from east to west there is a big sign posted that has the name of the ranch and it tells you to stay on that road and don't take any side roads for x amount of miles. The first time I went through there I get to the west side of the ranch and go through the gate and look back and see the no trespassing sign. I called the BLM and asked them about it and they said it shouldn't be posted.

The Page Place section that is posted is only about a 1/4 mile of private property and I've never seen anyone around so I just go through it.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #8
El Brad OP
Leave it long on top

Yes, thats the one

We were traveling west to east, oh well, next time thru that area we will know what to do.
Thanks for the info.