ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Id-Jim View Post
If you go to Wallace, then you should definately go to Murray, and to the Spragpole Museum of north idaho mining and life. It is truly unique. From Wallace there is a cool dirt rd that goes over the pass and comes right to Murray.

http://silver-valley.com/sprag_pole/
Excellent advice....I'm on it!
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #32
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
If you go to Wallace, then you should definately go to Murray, and to the Spragpole Museum of north idaho mining and life. It is truly unique. From Wallace there is a cool dirt rd that goes over the pass and comes right to Murray.
How far would you say it is from Wallace? Delorme Topo is telling me it's almost two hours.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Spragpole

from wallace over dobson pass then beaver creek / delta murray rd im thinking is 27 miles or so, an hour should do it. Dobson is paved, then the portion from there is gravel.
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #34
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:

http://silver-valley.com/sprag_pole/
The food and drink at the Spragpole aren't bad either!
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #35
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Since I didn't get much in the way of pictures while down at the St. Joe last weekend I'll give you this link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...404998&page=52 This was from a gathering down there a few years ago and there are a lot of pictures. If you spot something you want to see but where it is isn't identified let me know I can probably tell you how to find it.

A big YES on the Sprag Pole in Murray, it's a must see.

Looking at a few of the pages of pictures make me think we might just need to do another gathering down in that area next year.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #36
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Since I didn't get much in the way of pictures while down at the St. Joe last weekend I'll give you this link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...404998&page=52 This was from a gathering down there a few years ago and there are a lot of pictures. If you spot something you want to see but where it is isn't identified let me know I can probably tell you how to find it.

A big YES on the Sprag Pole in Murray, it's a must see.

Looking at a few of the pages of pictures make me think we might just need to do another gathering down in that area next year.
Thanks Ladybug....much appreciated! I'll have to keep better watch on AdvRider for your invitations to ride.....that trip sounds like everyone had a great adventurous time.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Here's another ride report and this one has Murray in it and Moon Pass: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524994
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #38
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodanja View Post
Hello fellow Idahoans. I'm planning a 4-5 day ride up north sometime in Sept., mainly to ride the St. Joe river and Moon Pass. Can you recommend some other areas to ride?.... pavement or dirt roads (I'm on Anakees), nice photographic scenery, good camping sites, nostalgic cafes, architectural and railroad history (I'm aware of the Hiawatha trail), cool bridges, special places to visit? I'd also like to visit Wallace and Kellogg for the history, but don't want to get there via interstate (guess I could take the frontage roads.) A planned loop ride would be nice, but not necessary....I don't mind back-tracking a bit so see the good stuff!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kojanja, TheTourist and I are planning a trip to Glacier Park in mid Septober,,,,, TheTourist on,,, DR350 aka "the Girble, and I will be on and XL350 aka "lil Pig,,,,,,,,we will be leaving Moscow, mid day or so on the 16th of september. According to his route, it will take us to somewhere around Avery the first nite ,, and then on to Glacier the next day.... A couple of days in Glacier and then westward toward Yak,, and then thru the Kootenies,,,, and probably down around the Clark Fork area...
According to TheTourist,,, it will be gravel and secondary pavement ......
Nothing fast,,,, just some good riding,, beautiful country and alot of stop and goes for pics... lol
Leaving Avery,,,, it looks like we will be running over Moon Pass ,,, towards Thompson Falls,,,, and then north... but some of which is to be determined,,,,,, I am leaving the map reading to "bro",,,, TheTourist,,,, lol
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman64 View Post
Kojanja, TheTourist and I are planning a trip to Glacier Park in mid Septober,,,,, TheTourist on,,, DR350 aka "the Girble, and I will be on and XL350 aka "lil Pig,,,,,,,,we will be leaving Moscow, mid day or so on the 16th of september. According to his route, it will take us to somewhere around Avery the first nite ,, and then on to Glacier the next day.... A couple of days in Glacier and then westward toward Yak,, and then thru the Kootenies,,,, and probably down around the Clark Fork area...
According to TheTourist,,, it will be gravel and secondary pavement ......
Nothing fast,,,, just some good riding,, beautiful country and alot of stop and goes for pics... lol
Leaving Avery,,,, it looks like we will be running over Moon Pass ,,, towards Thompson Falls,,,, and then north... but some of which is to be determined,,,,,, I am leaving the map reading to "bro",,,, TheTourist,,,, lol
Have a great ride....you'll really enjoy Glacier! I'm leaving Sept 16th from Warm Lake...back roads through Warren to Riggins for the night, then up to St. Maries. I'll be running the loop ride that IdahoRenagade posted earlier..... probably with a few side excursions.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #40
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodanja View Post
Have a great ride....you'll really enjoy Glacier! I'm leaving Sept 16th from Warm Lake...back roads through Warren to Riggins for the night, then up to St. Maries. I'll be running the loop ride that IdahoRenagade posted earlier..... probably with a few side excursions.
Thanks ,,,,, enjoy your ride up here too,,,,, just becareful of the "critters",,, dear and elk around dusk,,, and early morning..
Be safe ,,, and enjoy.....
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote