ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Ironwood OP
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 731
Help Plan A WA Cascade Ride!

So my riding partners and I typically ride Central and SE Oregon. I relocated to San Juan Island a few years ago and getting down to the southeast Oregon is about a 650 mile trek for me, but always worth it. It is too hot to ride there IMO right now so I have talked my friends into a 3 or 4 day ride into the Washington cascades. We have ridden the Gifford Pinchot, and I am thinking from Packwood north or Cle Elum area. We could also go further north also.

I want to set up a multi-day campsite with the potential to ride north and south each day on 150 to 200 mile loops. A small lake would be an extra bonus. I want it to be in the higher elevations for the cooler temps. Does anyone know if campfires are still allowed?

I know there is a lot of good riding in these areas, I just don't know the areas well enough. If anyone is interested in joining us that would be great. We are competent in any terrain and generally ride at the fast end of the scale. But we all enjoy a good view and unique natural features. We all like to see new country.

So anyone care to help out with the planning or joining us. We are thinking right after Labor Day weekend.

Thanks, Joe
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,812
Ride the WABDR, duh.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote