ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 03:13 AM   #39406
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BigOhio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Muskrat Castle
Oddometer: 460
As a long shot try James T. Parker in Somerset PA. He was my dealer growing up now defunct. Has a website and still NOS parts in stock. He probably still has my 73 H-1 that my dad refused to store when I moved away. Said he didn't want it but he is probably making a few bucks parting it out now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Need some help finding a part for a 1979 KZ650 SR (KZ650-D2). Apparently it's been discontinued and not a single dealer in the U.S. has one left-over in their inventory. What I need is the swing arm sleeve (#6 in the diagram below) that the bearings ride on. Kawasaki's P/N was 42036-1012



Unfortunately a sleeve from a B3/C3 model won't work as those models used bushings rather than needle bearings.
__________________
Ouch, that hurts...

BigOhio screwed with this post 09-02-2011 at 03:18 AM
BigOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #39407
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit
 
gelandestrasse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 20,243
1,700 pairs of panties strewn along road

1,700 pairs of panties strewn along road
AP - Authorities are trying to solve a panties puzzle: why hundreds of pairs of mostly women’s underwear were dumped along the side of a road.

Fairfield County Deputy Gary Hummel said yesterday that the undergarments were found in trees and on hillsides in several spots this week on a road in Berne Township, about 30 miles southeast of Columbus.

He said some of the panties were still folded the way they’d come in packaging, while others appeared to have been worn. There were nearly 1,700 pairs in all, in a mix of colors and patterns. Hummel said that when collected, they filled 10 large trash bags.

He said investigators are “baffled” as to where the panties came from.
__________________
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln
gelandestrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #39408
Castle
Red Cloud Slept Here
 
Castle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Big Horn Mountains
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
He said some of the panties were still folded the way they’d come in packaging, while others appeared to have been worn. There were nearly 1,700 pairs in all, in a mix of colors and patterns. Hummel said that when collected, they filled 10 large trash bags.

He said investigators are “baffled” as to where the panties came from.[/INDENT]

Obviously fall-out from the government's War on Panties. The street value of used women's panties is HUGE in Japan. Just check e-bay.
__________________
"Adventure is the result of poor preparation" - Mark Twain
Castle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #39409
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 22,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
Obviously fall-out from the government's War on Panties. The street value of used women's panties is HUGE in Japan. Just check e-bay.
TOD! How's things?
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #39410
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer
 
MrFurious's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Or Not. Says right on the page: Product Obsolete

Did the live chat to check and see if they actually had one in stock, and of course they don't.
__________________
Jim B.


MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #39411
'Flagger
..this space for rent..
 
'Flagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I'm always getting flashed with the low beams on. So I flash back to prove the point and they end up in a ditch because they can't see anything but a giant white spot for three hours.
Strom's don't have headlight adjusters? Maybe you're aiming high.
__________________
- B

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.

'Flagger screwed with this post 09-02-2011 at 06:03 AM
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #39412
buildit
Pumpkin Rider
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Near London, OH "sort of"
Oddometer: 13,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
Obviously fall-out from the government's War on Panties. The street value of used women's panties is HUGE in Japan. Just check e-bay.


I'm going with the obvious answer.



__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #39413
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears
 
Devil Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Port Clinton, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Stand down soldier. The girls won't be dating for at least 15 more years.

Just tryin to get ahead of the game.
__________________
"A warrior does not get ready, a warrior IS ready." - Rudy Reyes
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #39414
B-Mac
Aged Beef
 
B-Mac's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Hocking Hills, OH
Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I'm always getting flashed with the low beams on. So I flash back to prove the point and they end up in a ditch because they can't see anything but a giant white spot for three hours.
Strom's don't have headlight adjusters? Maybe you're aiming high. __________________
- B


Maybe you should try 10 clicks of preload on your rear shock or pushing yourself away from the table sooner.
Ed: one fat ass to another.
__________________
Brian DL100K4
“The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.” -Sun Tzu
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #39415
buildit
Pumpkin Rider
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Near London, OH "sort of"
Oddometer: 13,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
Strom's don't have headlight adjusters? Maybe you're aiming high. __________________
- B


Maybe you should try 10 clicks of preload on your rear shock or pushing yourself away from the table sooner.
Ed: one fat ass to another.
I'm trying, really I am. Almost 10 lbs this summer but muscle weighs more than fat, right?
__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #39416
buildit
Pumpkin Rider
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Near London, OH "sort of"
Oddometer: 13,764
Okay, I come seeking wisdom. Possibly Byron's big moment here

To those who know I'm trying to sell the 426. So I added it to Columbus CL last night and this morning I was contacted by a guy wanting to trade a Gold Wing for it. Thing is it's a 1977 with 80,000mi, possible carb issues, and rear suspension needing replaced. I'm asking 2100 for the 426 but want $2000. I even looked at some other wings online that are newer, less issues, and only cost $1500. I don't think it's that great a trade for me but I know very little about gold wings and told him I'd probably want $600 cash plus his bike. I guess my thinking is it would be nice to have a really big touring bike for highway trips and such but this thing sounds like it could be a real headache. What say you?
__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #39417
'Flagger
..this space for rent..
 
'Flagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,289
Monte knows quite a bit about 'Wings. Let's see if he's around here someplace.


Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Okay, I come seeking wisdom. Possibly Byron's big moment here

To those who know I'm trying to sell the 426. So I added it to Columbus CL last night and this morning I was contacted by a guy wanting to trade a Gold Wing for it. Thing is it's a 1977 with 80,000mi, possible carb issues, and rear suspension needing replaced. I'm asking 2100 for the 426 but want $2000. I even looked at some other wings online that are newer, less issues, and only cost $1500. I don't think it's that great a trade for me but I know very little about gold wings and told him I'd probably want $600 cash plus his bike. I guess my thinking is it would be nice to have a really big touring bike for highway trips and such but this thing sounds like it could be a real headache. What say you?
__________________
- B

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #39418
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Thing is it's a 1977 with 80,000mi, possible carb issues, and rear suspension needing replaced....What say you?
What the hell does Steingar want a 426 for?
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #39419
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,375
I'm headed out to the Jimbo's Hog Roast for the weekend.

see you FFs later
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #39420
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
invisible monster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perry County, OH
Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
What the hell does Steingar want a 426 for?
Exactly what I thought.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014