Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #1261
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Always felt that Triumph owners were a bit 'different'

Lol! - Jimmy sure is a bit 'different' - one of the quickest riders I know. But then he did ride a bike day in day out for a living for many years.

I'm not sure we can blame it on being a 'Triumph owner' - he is a Triumph,Kawasaki & MV Augusta owner.

He wasn't the only one having a bit of a bad day - I got a stone through my radiator (off Jimmy's back tyre) ..... luckily he had some metal putty under his seat that we were able to patch the leaking radiator with - It's a pain though on a brand new bike! ...Why manufacturers don't fit rad guards as standard is beyond me. . Had to go to Edinburgh today to get a change of coolant and a rad guard fitted.

Took some pics on my way back ....... 'through fields of gold' ...... I took the long way home......

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #1262
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
KamChat said:

Somebody's probably got a new nickname after that mistake.... Glad they got her back up!

Cheers tor the photos! Top shelf as usual!

Lol! No new nickname yet - but I'm sure there will be some leg pulling on future rideouts.

Thanks, - glad you haven't tired of my pics yet.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #1263
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Hi Kamchat Thanks for that. I got Ducati Multistrada 1200 sport.

After picking her I headed straight up to Tyndrum, round to Inverary down to Arrochar, down the side of Loch Long to Faslane and home. Wish I'd more time, it was great. Really delighted with the Duke although this running in malarky is frustrating. Incidentally there was another Duke at the Green Welly but this one wouldn't start, no jokes please (now that I own a fine piece of Italian engineering it's politically incorrect to mock their historic reliabillty!) Turns out he filled up with diesel. It's too easy to do. I've done the wrong fuel thing with my car and dread the day I do it with the bike. If I can just get some decent weather I should be able to clock some miles up and be able to give it a bit of welly!

Hi there..... Nice bike! I assume you got it from Ducati Glasgow? (I think they are the main dealer in Scotland).... Those are some of my favourite roads ........ that road down the side of Loch Long is a hoot ...... it's hard to stay in the saddle going over all those humps and dips. The first time I did it at speed I nearly did myself a serious injury smashing my 'nuts' on the tank! Lol!

I hope for both our sakes we get some decent weather in the coming weeks. ..... Might see you out and about at the Welly one Sunday.

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-02-2011 at 01:30 PM
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #1264
ReadySetGo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2BeFast2 View Post
"But Daddy, I wanted the bigger helicopter!" Bride.

Seriously though, great thread and interesting pics. A good part of my linage is from your homeland. Maybe I'll make it there myself someday.....if the economy ever improves that is. I'm glad to see how many people are into bikes in Europe, especially the ladies (lassies?). You rarely see a lady on two wheels in the states, unless they are on the back.....it's a shame really. They are missing out on so much.

Very best regards,

Rich

Hey Kamchat,

Sorry I had to post to Rich on this too and hijack your thread just a wee bit. Some of us Mississippi girls ain't missing out on none of the good times.

1996 Honda Magna 750
2006 Honda XR650L
ReadySetGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #1265
Bratso
A Heluva Sack o' Potatoes

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Nice pic ...looks like a 'fun road'........ Do you find it easy to 'hold on' and take pics at the same time ..... Sarah takes pics from the pillion occasionally ...but finds it gets harder as the speed increases ..... particularly in the bends.

ps. ..and I am sure you would be a better rider than you think. .....
That pic was taken on our vacation a couple of weeks ago. It took us 7 day to get to what would normally take about 14 hours in a car. Hubby is working on a ride report if you would like to see more. (I took almost 1000 pics so I hope there are a couple of good ones)

Taking pics at speed is no problem, as long as the road is relatively straight. In tight curves I tuck in and enjoy the ride. I do have to be careful when he gets a little crazy and goes off road...........

Here is our current vacation vehicle.....................

We talk about getting to your part of the world one day. Thanks for the beautiful pics !!!!

Bratso

Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Bratso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #1266
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post

I love this photo. Just love it! :)
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #1267
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Oh, oh! Maybe a bit of the Nick Sanders influence happening there. Next thing we'll see is Kamchat doing the Road of Bones to Magadan on a Gixxer 1K! Hey, if a Harley can do it...
Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #1268
1200B
Ride everywhere...

Oddometer: 282
Nice to see you got a new bike and nice to see you continuing this badass thread!
How are you liking the new GSXR 1000? I'm thinking of picking one up in the next couple of weeks, there are some good deals to be had on the leftover 2011 models right now.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #1269
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 168
Thumb Same humble beginnings...

Jumped on your thread, spun through a couple pages and found I had to go back and start at page #1 ---- LOVIN' it and glad I jumped back.

Cool to see you started on a "second hand rd250" back when you were 18...

That was my 1st bike too. Way back in 1982 I was going to college, had a summer job but couldn't afford a car and bought a used Yamaha RD 250 for $500 --- purely for practical reasons. Had to be at work at 7:00am, Landscaping job, and found myself leaving an hour early to ride empty winding, twisting, sweeping, forested back roads (Could've been there in 10 minutes if I'd wanted to, but where's the fun in that??? Guess it wasn't just "practical' anymore...). Rode it to work and on weekends for two summers and sold my $500 bike for $750 after two years of pure blissful use!!! Just may be the best "Deal" I've ever had in my life!

Graduation, a "real" job, the "Real World", Marriage and Kids all seemed to step in on my fun and I gave up Riding for over 20 years (gonna guess I'm not the only one with that tale on AdvRider...). An unfortunate Divorce (in many ways, yet not so unfortunate in some other ways...) and an old college roommate and GREAT friend of 20+ years who "loaned" me a bike he never rides anymore, re-opened the door to Riding again and it has been a Blissful, Eye-Opening, Soulful, Help-Me-Keep-My-Head-On-My-Shoulders re-awakening...

Anyway, enough of my rambling... Like many others, Thanks for your beautiful pic's, your tales, and your time and effort.

AdvRider2B
P.S. Check out my signature/quote --- it's from "The Holy Grail" --- in reference to your Monty Python/Stalker Castle reference early on in your RR. Of course it must be read with an overly dramatic and thick Scottish brogue...
Old 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1270
Bratso
A Heluva Sack o' Potatoes

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRider2B View Post
P.S. Check out my signature/quote --- it's from "The Holy Grail" --- in reference to your Monty Python/Stalker Castle reference early on in your RR. Of course it must be read with an overly dramatic and thick Scottish brogue...
I have been using that Monty Python line for a long time

Ride safe !!!!

Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Bratso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #1271
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Tango2

'Might see you out and about at the Welly one Sunday'

What a coincidence that just two days after posting that we bump into each other up at the Welly!

Good to see you yesterday, even if it was only briefly (sorry I had to dash as the rest of my group were already leaving)... but thanks for coming over and asking 'are you Kamchat?' Lol! - It's a small world!

Hope you had a good day making the most of the dry weather on your new Ducati .... maybe you managed to get it run in?

Hopefully next time we will be able to get a proper chat up at the Welly.

The Welly yesterday ...... our group ...

Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #1272
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadySetGo View Post
Hey Kamchat,

Sorry I had to post to Rich on this too and hijack your thread just a wee bit. Some of us Mississippi girls ain't missing out on none of the good times.

No worries ..... always good to see pics of you ladies out having good times.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #1273
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratso View Post
That pic was taken on our vacation a couple of weeks ago. It took us 7 day to get to what would normally take about 14 hours in a car. Hubby is working on a ride report if you would like to see more. (I took almost 1000 pics so I hope there are a couple of good ones)

Taking pics at speed is no problem, as long as the road is relatively straight. In tight curves I tuck in and enjoy the ride. I do have to be careful when he gets a little crazy and goes off road...........

We talk about getting to your part of the world one day. Thanks for the beautiful pics !!!!

Bratso

Nice pics ......'1000 pics' - that's going to keep you busy for a while - sorting through them all. But 'I'm with you' ..it's a numbers game ..If you take enough pics there are bound to be a few good one's (that's my system anyway).
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #1274
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post

Good to hear from you Liz ...... glad you like the pic ..... hope you have been getting out on the bikes ..
won't be too long now before they will be coming back in the lounge

Another one from Friday ..... this cottage on the A84 near Callander caught my eye ......

Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #1275
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Oh, oh! Maybe a bit of the Nick Sanders influence happening there. Next thing we'll see is Kamchat doing the Road of Bones to Magadan on a Gixxer 1K! Hey, if a Harley can do it...

Lol! - well, Nick Saunders did ride round the world on an R1 - so anything is possible!